RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham 1 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114779-wrexham-1-a.html)

joe 22nd October 2019 22.10:52

Re: Wrexham 1

[QUOTE=spuderz123;2310473]They were doing a sponsored silence. I said I'd give them 10p for every 10 minutes they were silent for but they ruined it with that oooh. I'm feeling generous though so will give them 80p[/QUOTE]

For which charity Simon?

willyheckerslike 22nd October 2019 22.17:56

Not bad 1st half, bloody awful 2nd half. Hardly put more than 2 consecutive passes together after the break and seem to lose our shape and semblance of tactics! But a win is a win. Lainton was my MoM especially late on.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

-luke 22nd October 2019 22.25:13

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2310489]Not bad 1st half, bloody awful 2nd half. Hardly put more than 2 consecutive passes together after the break and seem to lose our shape and semblance of tactics! But a win is a win. Lainton was my MoM especially late on.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Put together that one passing movement which i think led to harris cocking up his clear scoring opportunity. That passage of play was more luck than skill with us riding our luck at every ball.

Game of two halves today. First half thought we looked decent, second half was on a par with last weeks game. A good team would have torn us a new one.

jacthelad 22nd October 2019 22.34:10

Any joy we had came when we kept the ball on the floor. Did it a few times in the first half but keates had seen enough by half time and second half we hoofed relentlessly. Awful to watch. Shite game with 2 shite teams
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

smotyns 22nd October 2019 22.37:23

[QUOTE=davd29;2310467]Grant is dire. Trouble is he thinks he’s Messi or someone not just the missed chance at the end. His shooting outside the box my god has he ever hit the target. Why are we pumping balls into him it just comes right back at you. Think he needs resting now Dean[/QUOTE]

Despite his faults he is currently our top scorer.

NottsRed 22nd October 2019 23.39:55

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2310494]Any joy we had came when we kept the ball on the floor. Did it a few times in the first half but keates had seen enough by half time and second half we hoofed relentlessly. Awful to watch. Shite game with 2 shite teams
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

We need quality in midfield. If Keates is making another loan signing this is the area he needs to improve most.

Prodigal Dragon 23rd October 2019 06.38:56

Hooper is better than Oswell but neither are target men. Hooper would be better playing off someone. Harris isn’t a natural striker but could be good on RW. Grant played well in the first-half but faded badly in the second — just like most others — and his late miss was a hanging offence.

I still think our main problem is a lack of ability in midfield. Rutherford brings energy but is limited. Redmond has quality but can’t last 90 minutes. Barton is essentially a third CB because our CB pairings aren’t good enough or quick enough on their own.

Horsfield had a very good first-half but again faded in the second. He is definitely better than BB.

Clearly that performance wasn’t good enough overall to suggest we are climbing out of the doldrums. If it wasn’t for Lainton we would have lost that. DK has much to do. My question to him would be: why did we stop playing football in the second-half and sit ever deeper? If it was because Chesterfield were so much better then we have serious issues because they were truly awful in the first-half.

In conclusion, 2 poor teams that will be struggling to avoid relegation unless they get their acts together. I care not whether Chesterfield slip into oblivion, but am getting worried we might, too, unless we sort things out pdq. Rochdale will have one eye on the Round 2 draw after watching that tame effort.

Inside Left 23rd October 2019 07.09:40

At the WST meeting the football club board spokesperson said the manager will have funds to improve the team. So watch that space - the pitch I mean.

Gaz Wxm 23rd October 2019 07.13:07

2nd half they closed our players down a lot quicker leading to a lack of composure from players lacking in confidence, who just played hoof. They were quicker to the second ball and this just created more pressure. I hardly think this was a Keats game plan as some imply just poor decisions on the pitch. We rode our luck with a good strike hitting Lainton, who knew nothing about it then Jennings getting in the way of the second near the end of the game. Their keeper did well against grant made him self big. Harris is still learning but something you can’t teach is bravery. He continually backs out of challenges and gives up too easily. DK has a lot to do.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.52:32.