RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Approximately 35 more members needed to call EGM (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114856-approximately-35-more-members-needed-call-egm.html)

Wreck Sam 2nd November 2019 10.40:58

Re: Approximately 35 more members needed to call EGM

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2314079]Wasn't meant to be hostile just blunt. Shares were never meant to give "elevated ownership".
Community shares don't give any greater say in the WST than any other member. They do give life membership.
All were aware of this when they signed up.
Similarly it's one person, one vote no matter how much individuals contribute monthly.[/QUOTE]

I asked the question to the WST years ago about if I was to put in say £12000 would I have any more say at how things are run than somebody who puts in £12 ... I think it was £12 membership at the time. I was basically laughed at. Keeping politics out of it is difficult tbh but that thinking is why we have declined to where we are. Too little of other peoples money wasted by probs a well meaning but ideologically driven clique. I was told if I cared about the club then I would hand over the money. People have to earn the right to have that degree of arrogance... the current leadership have not.

Quay Red 2nd November 2019 10.48:16

[QUOTE=Wreck Sam;2314082]I asked the question to the WST years ago about if I was to put in say £12000 would I have any more say at how things are run than somebody who puts in £12 ... I think it was £12 membership at the time. I was basically laughed at. Keeping politics out of it is difficult tbh but that thinking is why we have declined to where we are. Too little of other peoples money wasted by probs a well meaning but ideologically driven clique. I was told if I cared about the club then I would hand over the money. People have to earn the right to have that degree of arrogance... the current leadership have not.[/QUOTE]

Understand your point but it's not the board who decided this it's the membership.
The constitution was adopted from Supporters direct. One person one vote.
There is nothing to stop the membership altering the constitution if they have the required majority.
There are numerous different models of fan ownership. Luton, I believe run a separate share option, something that might be considered?

Wreck Sam 2nd November 2019 11.02:03

The WST leadership support the £12 is of equal importance to the £12000. That thinking is what keeps them in power. The WST leadership and the WAFC board are effectively one and the same. Tell 2000 people that their £15 a year buys them the same rights as 100 people putting in £300 and you have the votes of 2000 people.

Inside Left 2nd November 2019 11.28:19

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2314041][COLOR="red"]Yes. Any member can speak for or against the resolution[/COLOR]

As yet there appear to be general proposals, some of which will require a change to the constitution.
The Resolutions need to be aimed specifically at the clauses that require changing, quoting the existing rule and the proposed change.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Quay. I haven't looked the constitution since early days when I needed to.

For AGM,s When anyone places a proposal. That proposal always has a comment from the WST as to whether they (the WST) agree or disagree with it.

I assume the voting will take place mainly 'on line' therefore many members will have voted before hearing the contributions the of speakers in the room who have bothered to turn up on the night.

As one who is interested in the WST structure I would value your views.

Ruabon Red 2nd November 2019 16.53:35

Bump. Today’s result doesn’t change anything

Huffy 2nd November 2019 16.54:21

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2314469]Bump. Today’s result doesn’t change anything[/QUOTE]

Royal welsh red 2nd November 2019 16.59:35

Stand down lads, we’re going up.

chef1 2nd November 2019 17.00:15

Support this if you want change people

The Bapster 2nd November 2019 17.06:37

[QUOTE=chef1;2314480]Support this if you want change people[/QUOTE]

And who’s to say it will be for the better????????

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.27:22.