RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Security at games (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114897-security-games.html)

rhosred 10th November 2019 15.33:31

Security at games

Has any one on here had any bother or runs in with the so called security at games if so did you complain and who did you complain to thanks in advance
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Willywill 10th November 2019 15.46:41

Re: Security at games

I sit right next to the boundary of Yale Stand Centre @nd the Directors Box, and for the past three home games we have had a “heavy” posted right next to us. He spends a large amount of the game watching the fans.
For the Bromley game, the one security person grew to three (included a female now). They have caused me no grief at all, but I do wonder about the cost of such a presence. Just what are the Board worried about?

rhosred 10th November 2019 15.51:55

This is from behind the goal before the game

hallyy 10th November 2019 16.00:02

[QUOTE=rhosred;2316238]This is from behind the goal before the game
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

What happened..

evilelfed 10th November 2019 16.01:12

I think I witnessed this incident - was it by the turnstiles where it took about 3 security and 4 stewards to throw out one bloke aged approx 60. That security fella seem to the one who lost it the most and definitely man-handed the fan. I thought it was well out of order and it was, in my view, the security fella that escalated the incident. Was thinking of complaining myself but all the stewards disappeared after.

Red Light 10th November 2019 16.01:31

No complaints - they are doing as instructed.
The alternative would be far more police inside the stadium - which would cost an absolute arm and a leg in comparison.

Today got into the University Tech end early as I always do - for the first time a line of 13 security staff cordond off the last block of seats nearest the away support in the Yale Stand.
Despite us being in totally separate stands was this action necessary ?
it hasn't happened before in that corner and it didn't happen when we played against Stockport who brought double the number of fans and occupied the lower tier. My feedback was that this was done due to missiles and coins being thrown across the corner between fans.
I observed the crowd assembling - many of those who normally assemble in the end block gathered in the next block - the downside of this was that many regulars were displaced from their usual seats - but the real downside was closing the stairway down - this resulted in everyone from the two blocks nearest the away fans ALL having to use the one stairway and crossing infront of the second block of seats - the stairway was jam packed with two lines of supporters trying to go down the steps whilst others carrying food and hot drinks struggling up the stairs coming the other way in direct conflict with them - suggestions of opening the stairway between the first and second block were not accepted - all it would have required was the relocation of a steward or two onto the stairs to stop supporters coming back up the stairs and gaining entry to the first sterile block of seats - but alas no.
Some strange decisions made all round - again no pre match communication to the fanbase to inform them what was happening - this may have helped as 10 minutes into the game people were still coming into the stand up the reduced stairways and blocking the view of those already in their seats as they puzzled where to go to.

Again to reiterate, not security staff decisions - they are just doing what is being asked of them.

Back of the Kop 10th November 2019 16.09:11

[QUOTE=Red Light;2316242]No complaints - they are doing as instructed.
The alternative would be far more police inside the stadium - which would cost an absolute arm and a leg in comparison.

Today got into the University Tech end early as I always do - for the first time a line of 13 security staff cordond off the last block of seats nearest the away support in the Yale Stand.
Despite us being in totally separate stands was this action necessary ?
it hasn't happened before in that corner and it didn't happen when we played against Stockport who brought double the number of fans and occupied the lower tier. My feedback was that this was done due to missiles and coins being thrown across the corner between fans.
I observed the crowd assembling - many of those who normally assemble in the end block gathered in the next block - the downside of this was that many regulars were displaced from their usual seats - but the real downside was closing the stairway down - this resulted in everyone from the two blocks nearest the away fans ALL having to use the one stairway and crossing infront of the second block of seats - the stairway was jam packed with two lines of supporters trying to go down the steps whilst others carrying food and hot drinks struggling up the stairs coming the other way in direct conflict with them - suggestions of opening the stairway between the first and second block were not accepted - all it would have required was the relocation of a steward or two onto the stairs to stop supporters coming back up the stairs and gaining entry to the first sterile block of seats - but alas no.
Some strange decisions made all round - again no pre match communication to the fanbase to inform them what was happening - this may have helped as 10 minutes into the game people were still coming into the stand up the reduced stairways and blocking the view of those already in their seats as they puzzled where to go to.

Again to reiterate, not security staff decisions - they are just doing what is being asked of them.[/QUOTE]

What is it with Wrexham Football Club and OTT segregation ?

Fans in different stands and still a block of seats has to be segregated

Watching Liverpool v City and the fans are in the same stand literally 10 feet away from each other.

Our club is on another planet in more ways than one

llewelyn 10th November 2019 16.14:18

[QUOTE=Willywill;2316236]I sit right next to the boundary of Yale Stand Centre @nd the Directors Box, and for the past three home games we have had a “heavy” posted right next to us. He spends a large amount of the game watching the fans.
For the Bromley game, the one security person grew to three (included a female now). They have caused me no grief at all, but I do wonder about the cost of such a presence. Just what are the Board worried about?[/QUOTE]

I would hope spencer is paying out of his own pocket, as it seems he is using them as his own personal security squad .

rhosred 10th November 2019 16.15:23

[QUOTE=evilelfed;2316241]I think I witnessed this incident - was it by the turnstiles where it took about 3 security and 4 stewards to throw out one bloke aged approx 60. That security fella seem to the one who lost it the most and definitely man-handed the fan. I thought it was well out of order and it was, in my view, the security fella that escalated the incident. Was thinking of complaining myself but all the stewards disappeared after.[/QUOTE]

Cheers for that as this could be every useful as we are complaining to the club about the man handling of my dad we were told twice to f**k off by one of the security staff second time right in my dads face also been told by a steward on that gate that the security staff has no authority to Chuck people out like that but still did but to tell a paying customer to f**k off after asking why we couldn’t go up the stairs is beyond a joke

Hiro 10th November 2019 16.34:53

Couldn’t sit in our seats in Yale stand as it was reserved for Rochdale fans apparently. Yet when I arrived at ground it was just netted off! It really is ridiculous.

OriginalPirateMaterial 10th November 2019 16.38:47

Bouncers in bullying scandal - Man lands on moon.

Why do we let these thugs police our matches?

Birdy 10th November 2019 16.44:40

We never used to have security or bouncers at games. Another area which has declined under the current owners. Totally no need for the security at all.

awaydays 10th November 2019 17.09:12

Been saying it for years, when geraint parry spends 90 minutes bum licking these goons what do you expect?

The club do anything to hinder our atmosphere, the steward in question who geraint couldn't stop patting on the back rag dolled this senior fan for no apparent reason. Disgrace

chef1 10th November 2019 17.12:50

fan owned is the way forward don’t forget , any more segregation in that stand today it would be closed. Clubkillers trust out

Dvdolvr 10th November 2019 17.16:44

[QUOTE=rhosred;2316226]Has any one on here had any bother or runs in with the so called security at games if so did you complain and who did you complain to thanks in advance

Complain to the Security Industry Authority (SIA)

[url]https://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/home.aspx[/url]

Rob 10th November 2019 17.17:43

More on [url]https://twitter.com/pauljcooper87/status/1193562210506887168?s=21[/url]

Horrible to hear about fans being treated like that.

If it was treatment by another club on us away people would be going nuts.

rhosred 10th November 2019 17.19:47

Like I have said to tell 2 paying customers to f**k off but then man handle my dad for even daring to question what he said is a joke my dad has been going the racecourse for nearly 50 years and he is disgusted by what happened

awaydays 10th November 2019 17.21:37

[QUOTE=rhosred;2316263]Like I have said to tell 2 paying customers to f**k off but then man handle my dad for even daring to question what he said is a joke my dad has been going the racecourse for nearly 50 years and he is disgusted by what happened

Yes and geraint parry was an absolute disgrace, why does he feel the need to mingle in with these steroid filled scum bags?

rhosred 10th November 2019 17.23:23

[QUOTE=Rob;2316262]More on [url]https://twitter.com/pauljcooper87/status/1193562210506887168?s=21[/url]

Horrible to hear about fans being treated like that.

If it was treatment by another club on us away people would be going nuts.[/QUOTE]

Exactly if this happened at a opponents ground there would be hell but nothing will be done and we will be in the wrong cause they won’t want to upset the company got to say the stewards were first class in Trying to calm my dad and me down after it happened even saying the heavy handed idiot had been reported for what he said they couldn’t even understand themselves why the club has then there

roy the rover 10th November 2019 17.46:46

Spencer and co. Should have been thrown out.

Ddraigoch 10th November 2019 18.22:56

Cynergy Security from Wrexham
I'd like to hear the full story because if it is exactly as has been said on here, you have a right to complain.
Problem is those involved will have already agreed on their story.

sparky 10th November 2019 18.28:13

[QUOTE=Birdy;2316256]We never used to have security or bouncers at games. Another area which has declined under the current owners. Totally no need for the security at all.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Imagine what the JCP and the rest of the villagers would make of such behaviour if this was Moss, Hamilton in charge. Pathetic and embarrassing, although it has to be said we are dealing with folk who have no shame.

Redordead 10th November 2019 18.37:30

[QUOTE=sparky;2316277]Indeed. Imagine what the JCP and the rest of the villagers would make of such behaviour if this was Moss, Hamilton in charge. Pathetic and embarrassing, although it has to be said we are dealing with folk who have no shame.[/QUOTE]

Wonder what the yearly cost is to the club to hire a security team? Other than Stockport, Chesterfield and maybe Notts County I couldn’t imagine there being to much aggro

So we’re paying out for Police, Security and Stewards all on a match day?

Or does Spence pay for the ones around the director box?

Jaded 10th November 2019 18.42:13

[QUOTE=Red Light;2316242]No complaints - they are doing as instructed.
Again to reiterate, not security staff decisions - they are just doing what is being asked of them.[/QUOTE]

You’d hope they’re not being asked to tell fans to “f**k off”!

rhosred 10th November 2019 18.43:15

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2316276]Cynergy Security from Wrexham
I'd like to hear the full story because if it is exactly as has been said on here, you have a right to complain.
Problem is those involved will have already agreed on their story.[/QUOTE]

We yes like you said they have all agreed on a story they already tryed spinning there lies when the head guy went to ask him what happened but none of them had any cameras on them but the main guy did so it’s our word against them and we all know what’s going to happen there I am sure this isn’t the first thing that’s happened with this company and certainly won’t be that last emails have been sent to people at the club and will await there response I don’t think we will get one but we will see

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 10th November 2019 18.52:17

[QUOTE=rhosred;2316280]We yes like you said they have all agreed on a story they already tryed spinning there lies when the head guy went to ask him what happened but none of them had any cameras on them but the main guy did so it’s our word against them and we all know what’s going to happen there I am sure this isn’t the first thing that’s happened with this company and certainly won’t be that last emails have been sent to people at the club and will await there response I don’t think we will get one but we will see

You could look to see if the police would be interested, from what's described it sounds like excessive force, the sort they were never on the end of, law broken, so assault. I'm sure the CCTV will back you up and a request to have footage can't be refused if the police ask.

Some useful info in this link: [URL="https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/heres-what-bouncers-can-legally-12912203.amp"]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/heres-what-bouncers-can-legally-12912203.amp[/URL]

Only at the ground to 'protect' the lords muck in the directors box.

rhosred 10th November 2019 19.01:55

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2316281]You could look to see if the police would be interested, from what's described it sounds like excessive force, the sort they were never on the end of, law broken, so assault. I'm sure the CCTV will back you up and a request to have footage can't be refused if the police ask.

Some useful info in this link: [URL="https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/heres-what-bouncers-can-legally-12912203.amp"]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/heres-what-bouncers-can-legally-12912203.amp[/URL]

Only at the ground to 'protect' the lords muck in the directors box.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that I think my dad just wants his money back and a apology of some sort for the way he was treated neither do I think we will get but we can try I can hand on heart say my dad never laid a finger on him so to be man handled like he was is disgusting but again they will have there story that he did this that and everything we will just await a response now from one of the emails we have sent to different people at the club as you never know who to send anything to any more and go from there

Pieman 10th November 2019 19.29:03

[QUOTE=rhosred;2316284]Thank you for that I think my dad just wants his money back and a apology of some sort for the way he was treated neither do I think we will get but we can try I can hand on heart say my dad never laid a finger on him so to be man handled like he was is disgusting but again they will have there story that he did this that and everything we will just await a response now from one of the emails we have sent to different people at the club as you never know who to send anything to any more and go from there

Hope your dad is ok mate. Community club my arse

John Neals Dynasty 10th November 2019 19.36:50

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2316244]What is it with Wrexham Football Club and OTT segregation ?

Fans in different stands and still a block of seats has to be segregated

Watching Liverpool v City and the fans are in the same stand literally 10 feet away from each other.

Our club is on another planet in more ways than one[/QUOTE]

Good point it's pathetic all around maybe we could find a buyer from the Circus world.

rhosred 10th November 2019 19.47:29

[QUOTE=Pieman;2316289]Hope your dad is ok mate. Community club my arse[/QUOTE]

Yeah he is fine more pissed off and disgusted than anything

draigwrecsam 10th November 2019 19.49:17

I do believe the segregation was down to the FA but, of course that is only a side issue for this thread. Thugs pretending to be robocops are just unnecessary.

Ryans the man 10th November 2019 19.51:19

Club paying for stewards Sia cynergy and police. Some stewards pushed out and replaced with more Sia who probably get paid 3 times as much?

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 10th November 2019 19.51:58

Could do with these bouncers on the outside of the ground shoving people in, the way crowds are going
But seriously, that incident sounds bad. The club see to be on a slippery slope.

Number6 10th November 2019 20.35:32

From what I've been told we are using Synergy because we don't have enough stewards. Synergy are licensed to be able to eject people from the ground exactly as they can from a pub or nightclub as our stewards have no such license. Without them we would require the same number of police as synergy in the ground and that is far more expensive. Without Synergy we couldn't stage games. They were originally hired by Glyndwr. There is however no excuse for the alleged heavy handed behaviour.

noisy1 10th November 2019 21.42:30

Just when you think things can't get any worse at our once proud club!

What the hell is going on?

You guys at the top table need to start getting your act together, or there will be nothing left.

Community club,

My Arse!

:31::31::31:

Hometown Unicorn 10th November 2019 22.12:13

Our stewards are often credited as being amongst the most friendly and add to the matchday experience for away fans. I've always found them to be fantastic in the home end too.

The other security staff (black jackets) are the same lot who man the doors for Wrexham bars on Saturday nights. Some are alright, some are absolute dickheads. I'm assuming we hire them out of necessity rather than choice?

Red Light 10th November 2019 22.56:24

[QUOTE=Number6;2316303]From what I've been told we are using Synergy because we don't have enough stewards. Synergy are licensed to be able to eject people from the ground exactly as they can from a pub or nightclub as our stewards have no such license. Without them we would require the same number of police as synergy in the ground and that is far more expensive. Without Synergy we couldn't stage games. They were originally hired by Glyndwr. There is however no excuse for the alleged heavy handed behaviour.[/QUOTE]

This - on all counts.

Steward shortage.

Security needed to comply with stadium certificate - without sufficient numbers we wouldn't have a game.

The only other alternative would be to employ police officers in the ground at private cost which would be far, far more costly so the club are between a rock and a hard stone.

REDGOG 10th November 2019 23.36:47

[QUOTE=Red Light;2316315]This - on all counts.

Steward shortage.

Security needed to comply with stadium certificate - without sufficient numbers we wouldn't have a game.

The only other alternative would be to employ police officers in the ground at private cost which would be far, far more costly so the club are between a rock and a hard stone.[/QUOTE]

Why section off half of the Tech end though?, extra cost for the bouncers to line up along the whole stand.

Is this something that's going to be done every game now?

If we get through and draw another club with a decent following do we do the same losing that area from the ground capacity?.

Sounds like a strange decision which restricted ingress and egress for fans in that stand according to some posts on here.

Hightown Brymbo Red 11th November 2019 05.54:49

So with our average attendance being the lowest for years we require more security? Surely it's as simple as the elite being protected from our fans?...What a mess at a fans owned club

Red Light 11th November 2019 07.44:48

[QUOTE=REDGOG;2316320]Why section off half of the Tech end though?, extra cost for the bouncers to line up along the whole stand.

Is this something that's going to be done every game now?

If we get through and draw another club with a decent following do we do the same losing that area from the ground capacity?.

Sounds like a strange decision which restricted ingress and egress for fans in that stand according to some posts on here.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't half the Tech End was it - just the nearest block of seats to the Yale Stand.

I was told it was done due to coins and other missiles being thrown between the stands during the Stockport match.

I am a ST holder in the Tech End - an absolute pain in the xxxx as it displaced many regulars and caused massive congestion on the stairways especially at half time.

The club need more stewards - unless we get them then security numbers will possibly increase for certain matches - problem is their staff spend most of their working lives dealing with 'problems' at pubs and clubs - then they are put into a different environment entirely with football fans - sometimes it goes wrong.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.59:55.