RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Was it a penalty ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115370-penalty.html)

Red Light 2nd February 2020 09.25:39

Was it a penalty ?

The biggest talking point of yesterday's match - should Dagenham & Redbridge have been awarded a first half penalty ?

D & R striker number 25 House in the box cutting inform the left when he goes down. Before he hit the deck I was resigned to the frustrating fact that we had conceded a penalty - couldn't believe it when the ref didn't give it and yellow carded their player.

From my position right infront of the incident from the Tech End it was a cast iron penalty.

The BT Sport highlights show didn't cover the incident so perhaps we will have to wait and see for some footage - much of course depends on the camera positions and what view the referee had of the incident - I think we got out of jail with that one.

What do others think ?

Hometown Unicorn 2nd February 2020 09.26:57

Re: Was it a penalty ?

Dive.

northwalian dragon 2nd February 2020 10.01:54

Luke Young stood with his hand on his head so he thought it was a a penalty

blackbrookred 2nd February 2020 10.04:40

Penalty from where I was. Also a bit of a give away with youngs reaction and the fact that none of our players had a go at the lad when he went down.

jacthelad 2nd February 2020 10.04:47

I was right in front of it but daydreaming 😂😂. People round me couldn't beleive he got booked for diving
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

TWREX 2nd February 2020 10.08:10

First reaction was defo pen, just relieved when the ref disagreed.

Brinster 2nd February 2020 10.11:57

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2341067]Penalty from where I was. Also a bit of a give away with youngs reaction and the fact that none of our players had a go at the lad when he went down.[/QUOTE]

I think Leighton might have been having a few choice words with him while the player was still sat on the ground. Being the other side of the half way line to the incident I was not able to tell but the ref seemed pretty confident in his decision giving it without any hesitation. I know that's not a yardstick though as some of the refs we see are always confident with awful decisions.

blackbrookred 2nd February 2020 10.49:39

[QUOTE=Brinster;2341071]I think Leighton might have been having a few choice words with him while the player was still sat on the ground. Being the other side of the half way line to the incident I was not able to tell but the ref seemed pretty confident in his decision giving it without any hesitation. I know that's not a yardstick though as some of the refs we see are always confident with awful decisions.[/QUOTE]

Let's remember the ref gave a foul after their keeper collided with their player.

Pieman 2nd February 2020 10.51:13

Ive seen em given was my first thoughts. The ref was adamant it was a dive. To be fair the ref was up with play and had a good view so credit him for that

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.21:49.