RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Chesterfield away anyone? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115371-chesterfield-away-anyone.html)

Outertowner 5th February 2020 16.15:21

Re: Chesterfield away anyone?

We’ll take more than we did to Harrogate. I’d say 800 there

Colonel D 5th February 2020 17.40:41

High winds forecast for weekend , so more high balls humped to our lone striker I guess.

joe 5th February 2020 17.57:17

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2341692]High winds forecast for weekend , so more high balls humped to our lone striker I guess.[/QUOTE]

0-0 all over it if that’s the case. Chesterfield have the ball autopiloted to Tom Denton’s head

pjwales 5th February 2020 22.07:09

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2341122]After yesterday's hoof ball display I would rather cut the lawn in the rain ![/QUOTE]

Hope your using an electric mower ha ha

noisy1 6th February 2020 16.17:56

[QUOTE=Halkynred;2341132]Of course he will be scared to lose, we're not out of the shite yet are we.
Performance at Harrogate was good so hoping for a repeat against Chesterfield, they will be shitting themselves too !!
as keates admitted, not great yesterday but given 7 out possible 9 last 3 games has been a decent turn around
Full week of getting Harris & Johnson moulded into our system and we should be ok.[/QUOTE]

Not great, it was shit and how many times have we got to listen to Keates saying "It wasn't great"? He should have gone for the win against a team as shit as us.
The draw means that if D&R win their game in hand, they will overtake us.

Not f*cking good enough!

Corner Flag 6th February 2020 17.07:53

[QUOTE=pjwales;2341728]Hope your using an electric mower ha ha[/QUOTE]

Got a brilliant trip on the electric supply ..ha , have a good trip Phil let's hope you bring back 3 points !!!

Red Light 6th February 2020 19.06:33

On the Chesterfield official site - news that there will be a pre match bucket collection in aid of Jordan Sinnott - plus a minutes applause pre kick off and more applause in the 25th minute ? to correspond with his age before he lost his life.

ted mcwhirter 6th February 2020 19.51:29

BBC Weather predicts the wind won't arrive until early Sunday though Denton will have to contend with the jet stream buzzing around his head whatever the weather.

Redordead 6th February 2020 20.02:26

At present we have sold 518 tickets for Chesterfield away this coming Saturday.

Tickets can NOT be bought on the day and MUST be bought through Wrexham AFC as advertised by 5pm tomorrow!

#WxmAFC ����⚪️

Red Light 6th February 2020 22.30:22

[QUOTE=Redordead;2341886]At present we have sold 518 tickets for Chesterfield away this coming Saturday.

Tickets can NOT be bought on the day and MUST be bought through Wrexham AFC as advertised by 5pm tomorrow!

#WxmAFC ����⚪️[/QUOTE]

Considering this is truly a MASSIVE game the current ticket sales are disappointing.

An away win would put some distance between us and them but a loss and the gap reduces dramatically plus the downside mentally of what it could do to the confidence of our squad. If D & R rise above us with their game in hand and keep above us it could be us or Chesterfield for the drop - I honestly think we will continue pulling away from the drop zone but it's a shame this of all away games doesn't attract a better turn out - perhaps last weeks dire performance couples with the early 1.00 pm kick off and last season's disorder has put many people off going to one, if not the best stadiums in our league - and to think we will be all but home by tea time whilst other games are just about to finish - what's not to like ?

Tom wafc 7th February 2020 00.23:45

[QUOTE=Red Light;2341893]Considering this is truly a MASSIVE game the current ticket sales are disappointing.

An away win would put some distance between us and them but a loss and the gap reduces dramatically plus the downside mentally of what it could do to the confidence of our squad. If D & R rise above us with their game in hand and keep above us it could be us or Chesterfield for the drop - I honestly think we will continue pulling away from the drop zone but it's a shame this of all away games doesn't attract a better turn out - perhaps last weeks dire performance couples with the early 1.00 pm kick off and last season's disorder has put many people off going to one, if not the best stadiums in our league - and to think we will be all but home by tea time whilst other games are just about to finish - what's not to like ?[/QUOTE]

They are lucky to be getting that many fans after the dire performances all season. The game will be 2 shit teams battling it out for a scrappy win, whilst playing some disgusting non entertaining football. Can't fault any fan not wanting to travel to away games this season. Just about drag myself to home games these days.

ruthinred 7th February 2020 06.25:41

[QUOTE=Red Light;2341893]Considering this is truly a MASSIVE game the current ticket sales are disappointing.

An away win would put some distance between us and them but a loss and the gap reduces dramatically plus the downside mentally of what it could do to the confidence of our squad. If D & R rise above us with their game in hand and keep above us it could be us or Chesterfield for the drop - I honestly think we will continue pulling away from the drop zone but it's a shame this of all away games doesn't attract a better turn out - perhaps last weeks dire performance couples with the early 1.00 pm kick off and last season's disorder has put many people off going to one, if not the best stadiums in our league - and to think we will be all but home by tea time whilst other games are just about to finish - what's not to like ?[/QUOTE]

Considered it but ,, no

If we win I might go vs Torquay next week,, promised myself after the Aldershot fiasco , I won't be wasting my hard earned until they give the fans something back

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2020 07.51:07

Ireland V Wales Rugby will have had an effect to.

They get my vote guaranteed to be entertained not bored by hoofball.

BillEBadass 7th February 2020 09.28:00

I still have nightmares about THAT F.A. Cup exit - however I would like to see the new ground but don't feel up to driving that far in February. Hopefully next season this fixture will be much latter in the season with Chesterfield second in the League, ten points behind us.
Safe journey to our superb group of travelling Reds

Willywill 7th February 2020 10.02:31

IF we beat Chesterfield, involves a massive IF. Look at Keates tactics last Saturday. Playing a fellow struggling team, he played one forward -at home. For tomorrow at Chesterfield, it’s another crucial game. Will his desire to avoid a loss, scupper any chance of us winning?
Could Keates be planning to overwhelm the midfield and not play any forwards? An entertainment sport is quickly becoming a game of chess. Boring!

redfronner 7th February 2020 10.23:23

I'm going, couldn't care if its bad or not. Back they boys in good times and bad

Red Light 7th February 2020 12.20:27

[QUOTE=Willywill;2341938]IF we beat Chesterfield, involves a massive IF. Look at Keates tactics last Saturday. Playing a fellow struggling team, he played one forward -at home. For tomorrow at Chesterfield, it’s another crucial game. Will his desire to avoid a loss, scupper any chance of us winning?
Could Keates be planning to overwhelm the midfield and not play any forwards? An entertainment sport is quickly becoming a game of chess. Boring![/QUOTE]

Could work in our favour - they need the points even more than us, especially infront of their own fans.

I fancy us for the win - wins at Eastleigh, Chorley and Harrogate strongly suggest we have turned the corner away from home - a draw wouldn't be the end of the world but it's a game where, above all others v fellow relegation rivals that we really must not lose. Last weeks tactics of playing a lone striker in the form of Hooper might be better suited away from home - absorb pressure and hit them on the break - perhaps Harris will start from the off - more concerning is the back line which could be devoid of both Carrington and Jennings which could make things very interesting especially on the left flank.

draigwrecsam 7th February 2020 12.35:15

[quote=Tom wafc;2341897]...The game will be 2 shit teams battling it out for a scrappy [B]draw[/B], whilst playing some disgusting non entertaining football...[/quote]

Corrected for accuracy :). Almost guarantee Hooper alone up front trying to deal with the hoofballs which soar over the heads of our midfield. If Jay Harris starts, he may provide enough fire for us to grab a goal.

Corner Flag 7th February 2020 14.02:55

Sorry but I fully understand those who chose not to go including me . If you are happy watching the crap Keates churns out including hoof ball and poor team selection and add in souless plastic ground etc good luck .

redfronner 7th February 2020 15.08:56

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2341988]Sorry but I fully understand those who chose not to go including me . If you are happy watching the crap Keates churns out including hoof ball and poor team selection and add in souless plastic ground etc good luck .[/QUOTE]

I'm not loving the football we are playing but its a 6 pointer and our team needs the support. As they say "For the love, not the glory".

I'll be there.

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2020 15.28:22

[QUOTE=redfronner;2341996]I'm not loving the football we are playing but its a 6 pointer and our team needs the support. As they say "For the love, not the glory".

[B]I'll be there[/B].[/QUOTE]

That's twice you've told us that now.

redfronner 7th February 2020 15.42:27

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2342001]That's twice you've told us that now.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic, you can count

RedArmy123 7th February 2020 16.01:01

Anyone got a spare ticket?

Red Light 7th February 2020 19.45:49

Total away ticket sales (I believe) 650 - about 1,000 down from last season.

So that's it - no sales tomorrow being all ticket.

Red Light 8th February 2020 06.25:35

Getting up in the dark to go to a football match seems weird to say the least.

The sacrifices we make to follow our team !

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.16:52.