RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Chesterfield away anyone? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115371-chesterfield-away-anyone.html)

Redheart 2nd February 2020 12.05:16

Chesterfield away anyone?

We have to raise the game against Chesterfield as yesterday was poor to say the least albeit we did get 1 point out of it (thanks to Lainton saving us).

It's a tough one to call but i,m going with a 1 nil away win and 750 travelling fans.

Coyr, we need those 3 points!!!

joe 2nd February 2020 12.11:47

Re: Chesterfield away anyone?

I’ll be there. 8ish train from Chester.

Win would be huge.

Taff9172 2nd February 2020 12.23:54

4 of us going in the car COYR

Halkynred 2nd February 2020 12.49:25

5 of us from Holywell

krux 2nd February 2020 12.50:05

A win would put us within touching distance of safety, but a defeat would drag ua right back into it.

Therefore can see us grinding out another draw.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

northwalian dragon 2nd February 2020 12.53:02

Keates’ record against teams around us, bar Chorley is awful so a draw would probably be a good result

noisy1 2nd February 2020 13.08:53

Keates will be too scared of losing, probably so much so, that we will lose.
Players will be shackled by ultra defensive tactics which is why so many players come in with a reputation and fail here, then move on and do so much better elsewhere.

Get the ball on the ground and actually play some football, we have seen recently that the boys can do it.

fluffysheepsupporter 2nd February 2020 13.15:02

[QUOTE=Redheart;2341091]We have to raise the game against Chesterfield as yesterday was poor to say the least albeit we did get 1 point out of it (thanks to Lainton saving us).

It's a tough one to call but i,m going with a 1 nil away win and 750 travelling fans.

Coyr, we need those 3 points!!![/QUOTE]

Always a popular trip and I reckon we have over 1000 fans travelling. Hope a few of them behave a lot better than last time there.

dixienormous 2nd February 2020 13.42:27

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2341111]Always a popular trip and I reckon we have over 1000 fans travelling. Hope a few of them behave a lot better than last time there.[/QUOTE]

Quite rowdy behaviour last time before, during and after the game! The policing was the worst I've ever seen.

Corner Flag 2nd February 2020 14.46:11

[QUOTE=Redheart;2341091]We have to raise the game against Chesterfield as yesterday was poor to say the least albeit we did get 1 point out of it (thanks to Lainton saving us).

Coyr, we need those 3 points!!![/QUOTE]

After yesterday's hoof ball display I would rather cut the lawn in the rain !

petered 2nd February 2020 14.53:23

Temple Bar,Aviva and The Harcourt Hotel Dublin calling next weekend! Why couldn't the fixtures have thrown up something like Ebbsfleet away !!!

Redordead 2nd February 2020 14.58:27

CHESTERFIELD v WREXHAM
Vanarama National League
Saturday, 8 February 2020 | Kick-off 1pm
Venue: Proact Stadium, Chesterfield, Derbyshire. S41 8NZ

ALL TICKET

This match is all ticket. Tickets must be purchased in advance from Wrexham AFC online or in person.

BUY ONLINE

Chesterfield have sent Wrexham a stock of tickets that can be purchased online here using our ticketing system.

TICKET OFFICE

Tickets for this game can be purchsed from the Wrexham AFC ticket office located at the Racecourse club shop, Mon-Fri 10.00am-5.00pm.

ADMISSION PRICE

Harold Lilleker & Sons North Stand - 1,900 seats
Adult - £18
Concession - £14
Under 21 - £11
Under 16 - £7

AWAY TRAVEL

Book Online: Away Travel to Chesterfield - Wrexham AFC Online Ticket Store
Price for travel: Club Members £16 | Jr Dragons £14 | Non Members £18
Departure Information: The Turf Hotel, Mold Road, Wrexham. LL11 2AH at 9.00am.

TRAVEL TICKET OFFICE
Away Travel Club tickets are also available from the Ticket Office located in the Club Shop from 10.00am-5.00pm.

Don't forget that buying online and printing your ticket at home is simple and more cost effective.

Inside Left 2nd February 2020 15.12:44

I see that their Community Trust take over had faltered with funding and paperwork not available for the current owner. New manager has been installed but ownership is up in the air.

spuderz123 2nd February 2020 15.14:26

[QUOTE=joe;2341093]I’ll be there. 8ish train from Chester.

Win would be huge.[/QUOTE]

:wine: :wine:

Halkynred 2nd February 2020 15.14:33

[QUOTE=noisy1;2341109]Keates will be too scared of losing, probably so much so, that we will lose.
Players will be shackled by ultra defensive tactics which is why so many players come in with a reputation and fail here, then move on and do so much better elsewhere.

Get the ball on the ground and actually play some football, we have seen recently that the boys can do it.[/QUOTE]

Of course he will be scared to lose, we're not out of the shite yet are we.
Performance at Harrogate was good so hoping for a repeat against Chesterfield, they will be shitting themselves too !!
as keates admitted, not great yesterday but given 7 out possible 9 last 3 games has been a decent turn around
Full week of getting Harris & Johnson moulded into our system and we should be ok.

Legends of '78 2nd February 2020 16.10:06

Is the best place to park I'm assuming the multi story next to the ground?

mold road trendy 2nd February 2020 16.22:42

Think it will be a draw & I reckon 900 Wxm there even though all ticket and early ko

The Method Maws 2nd February 2020 16.52:51

I will be there. Going on the fa cup game I reckon 1000 reds and we beat them.

Red Light 2nd February 2020 17.02:27

Last season we took 1600 to Chesterfield.
Great almost new stadium and good facilities in the away stand which are about the best we can expect in this league - expecting over 1,000.

They are poor - we should expect to get a win there and owe them one for beating us in the reverse fixture.

Official supporters coach for me - departs 0900 am from the Turf - sit back and relax and let someone else worry about the transport and parking.

This is truly a 6 pointer - we need to pack that away stand out and come back with 3 vital points.

Interestingly, given their financial crisis I don't think they were able to bring any new players in of note during the transfer window - also not sure where Fondop has got to as he hasn't been in the squad of late - Boden and Denton leading the line.

EnglishRed 2nd February 2020 17.10:24

[QUOTE=Red Light;2341152]Last season we took 1600 to Chesterfield.
Great almost new stadium and good facilities in the away stand which are about the best we can expect in this league - expecting over 1,000.

They are poor - we should expect to get a win there and owe them one for beating us in the reverse fixture.

Official supporters coach for me - departs 0900 am from the Turf - sit back and relax and let someone else worry about the transport and parking.

This is truly a 6 pointer - we need to pack that away stand out and come back with 3 vital points.

Interestingly, given their financial crisis I don't think they were able to bring any new players in of note during the transfer window - also not sure where Fondop has got to as he hasn't been in the squad of late - Boden and Denton leading the line.[/QUOTE]

Fondop has been suspended. Back for our game. Possibly Fondop and Tyson up front, particularly after Bodens pen miss at Notts County.

It's their midfield that is particularly crap. And Jalal has been making his usual howlers in goal.

joe 2nd February 2020 17.15:02

[QUOTE=spuderz123;2341131]:wine: :wine:[/QUOTE]

Disgusting to suggest I’m thinking of drinking for a game of football

Willywill 2nd February 2020 17.24:39

The fun of going to away games is feeling that you have a chance of winning, or at least being entertained. That said, re assembling my old Greenhouse in the wind, wins hands down !

moynkeepthefaith 2nd February 2020 17.36:59

[QUOTE=Willywill;2341159]The fun of going to away games is feeling that you have a chance of winning, or at least being entertained. That said, re assembling my old Greenhouse in the wind, wins hands down ![/QUOTE]

Last away game was an entertaining win 😀

whead 2nd February 2020 19.41:28

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2341111]Always a popular trip and I reckon we have over 1000 fans travelling. Hope a few of them behave a lot better than last time there.[/QUOTE]

Popular? Hated that place since 1997

Red Light 2nd February 2020 19.58:56

[QUOTE=whead;2341187]Popular? Hated that place since 1997[/QUOTE]

It was a fantastic place when we went there in our promotion season under Flynnie's reign - Easter bank holiday Monday - played all in red - were losing 2 - 1 and came back to win 2 - 3 - think Mike Lake was the inspiration behind the win. A packed and very jubilant away terrace in the spring sunshine that day.

spuderz123 3rd February 2020 17.44:11

[QUOTE=joe;2341156]Disgusting to suggest I’m thinking of drinking for a game of football[/QUOTE]

You've already got your cans in the fridge in anticipation

draigwrecsam 3rd February 2020 19.39:19

Keates can think as defensively as he likes, as long as he starts Jay Harris it will be all out attack with midfield dominating the game. Win 2-0 and a good telling off in the dressing room after the game!

fluffysheepsupporter 3rd February 2020 19.56:41

[QUOTE=whead;2341187]Popular? Hated that place since 1997[/QUOTE]

Both teams were much better in those days. A lot of water under the bridge since then . My best memory of the old ground is Emad Bouanane racing out of defence almost full length of the pitch and ending up near the corner flag instead of in front of the goal. They don't make defenders like him any more thank goodness.

Outertowner 3rd February 2020 21.01:02

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2341353]Both teams were much better in those days. A lot of water under the bridge since then . My best memory of the old ground is Emad Bouanane racing out of defence almost full length of the pitch and ending up near the corner flag instead of in front of the goal. They don't make defenders like him any more thank goodness.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant.
I remember being on the Kop and we were playing Bournemouth in a drab nil nil. Emad went on a brilliant run taking it past 3 or 4 players and got all the way to the edge of the box where he then fell over the ball. The kop were left in hysterics.

Sean Reckless 4th February 2020 09.07:58

[QUOTE=Red Light;2341191]It was a fantastic place when we went there in our promotion season under Flynnie's reign - Easter bank holiday Monday - played all in red - were losing 2 - 1 and came back to win 2 - 3 - think Mike Lake was the inspiration behind the win. A packed and very jubilant away terrace in the spring sunshine that day.[/QUOTE]

Buses were late, Marples in goal for them got loads of stick from us all.King Karl score the winner? Great day.

EnglishRed 4th February 2020 10.07:17

[QUOTE=draigwrecsam;2341349]Keates can think as defensively as he likes, as long as he starts Jay Harris it will be all out attack with midfield dominating the game. Win 2-0 and a good telling off in the dressing room after the game![/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping Harris strays alongside Young. I can see why he didn't start on Saturday as he'd just joined but he'll be a big improvement.

I'm also hoping that at some point Keillor Dunn replaces Rutherford in the strayrtng line up. Those two changes would be a big improvement. A little worried about who we have available defensively though. Hopefully Carrington is fit.

krux 4th February 2020 10.17:48

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2341418][B]I'm really hoping Harris strays alongside Young. [/B]I can see why he didn't start on Saturday as he'd just joined but he'll be a big improvement.

I'm also hoping that at some point Keillor Dunn replaces Rutherford in the strayrtng line up. Those two changes would be a big improvement. A little worried about who we have available defensively though. Hopefully Carrington is fit.[/QUOTE]

Poor Mrs Harris and Mrs Young...

I'd like to see Dunn start too to properly get the measure of him.

michaelps 4th February 2020 11.03:55

They, apart I suppose from Stockport (who are on the way back properly now) are about the only side who have fallen/suffered as badly as we have in say the last 10-20yrs.

Saturday is a huge must not lose game.

Drury-red 4th February 2020 11.13:44

-----------------Lainton--------------------

Thompson- Lawlor- Pearson- KK- Carra

-----Young------Harris------Keillor Dunn

-------------------Jarvis---------------------

----------------JJ------------------------------

EnglishRed 4th February 2020 12.28:00

[QUOTE=krux;2341420]Poor Mrs Harris and Mrs Young...

I'd like to see Dunn start too to properly get the measure of him.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that was an incentive for him to join :D

Phils-an-alki 4th February 2020 12.37:29

After Saturdays debacle, no chance I'm wasting money travelling to watch that shower of shit.

Keates can piss off and take Pep with him. Dreadful, negative, aimless hoof ball. I've seen better football from u14's.

percy vere 4th February 2020 13.53:58

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2341453]After Saturdays debacle, no chance I'm wasting money travelling to watch that shower of shit.

Keates can piss off and take Pep with him. Dreadful, negative, aimless hoof ball. I've seen better football from u14's.[/QUOTE]

I’m gutted, still I will try and enjoy the day without you

John Neals Dynasty 4th February 2020 13.59:12

Went last season good day out apart from dropping 2 points and the idiots fighting in the street.

But no way am I going after last Saturday a waste of fuel, money and life's precious time.

mold road trendy 5th February 2020 15.52:56

Only sold 450 up to now

Quay Red 5th February 2020 16.13:23

[QUOTE=mold road trendy;2341670]Only sold 450 up to now[/QUOTE]

Not too bad. Plenty of time to boost the numbers.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.07:40.