RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   99 year lease for the Groves (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115381-99-year-lease-groves.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 12th February 2020 15.44:18

Re: 150 year lease for the Groves

What a pain, can't do much beyond plan for both sites. Groves would make more sense to be the site for the school, encompassing the old building into the design.

NottsRed 12th February 2020 16.29:21

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2343227]What a pain, can't do much beyond plan for both sites. Groves would make more sense to be the site for the school, encompassing the old building into the design.[/QUOTE]

With the building being listed doesn't that make any redevelopment plan difficult?

wrexhamandy 12th February 2020 16.31:57

At a high level, it does seem absurd that there’s a battle over building a new school on some treasured open fields, when half a mile down the road there is a vacant school. Oh, capitalism.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 12th February 2020 17.12:45

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2343231]With the building being listed doesn't that make any redevelopment plan difficult?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately yes, CADW are a right pain to deal with, unlike English Heritage who give more leeway when redeveloping.

markh 12th February 2020 17.15:49

So if the council are trying to remove the education covenant from the Groves site by mitigating against a new school on 9 acre what is going in the Groves building? This in its self may create a battle with groups in favour of the Groves remaining educational and of course groups who want 9 acre to remain green.

John Neals Dynasty 12th February 2020 17.15:59

Way things are going at the moment we might not be around in 5yrs never mind 150 yrs
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 12th February 2020 17.26:37

[QUOTE=markh;2343236]So if the council are trying to remove the education covenant from the Groves site by mitigating against a new school on 9 acre what is going in the Groves building? This in its self may create a battle with groups in favour of the Groves remaining educational and of course groups who want 9 acre to remain green.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why they don't look to sympathetically redevelop Groves, the current route will likely end up costing as much with all the battles that will be fought.

Plenty of examples out their of such redevelopments, plus the council will have to pay for the up keep of the Groves building if left empty., plus a new school on top.

I hope it all falls through, I don't believe Groves will be big enough for where the football club should be.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 12th February 2020 17.27:06

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2343237]Way things are going at the moment we might not be around in 5yrs never mind 150 yrs
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Ah yes. That little matter of avoiding relegation into the 6th level of English football

I'd forgotten about that.

dixienormous 12th February 2020 17.41:09

Fookin use colliers

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.49:35.