RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Changes? What changes??? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115458-changes-what-changes.html)

crazywelsh 28th February 2020 04.23:55

Re: Changes? What changes???

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2345811]I am a qualified football coach. I watched Darlington and Ball Blower Up Barrow deliver back to back sessions in Portugal. Darlingtons was light years ahead of Barrows. He is an excellent coach. A local lad and a fan too. An asset to the club if used correctly[/QUOTE]

Managing brymbo lodge under 7s doesn’t count.

OneLoveWrexham 28th February 2020 05.56:22

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2345867].

That’s exactly what I saw Dixie.

Barrows was something that beginner U7s coaches do. Striker outside of the box starts with the ball. Feeds it to player just inside the box. They lay it back to striker. Striker shoots. Anyone who has kicked a ball has done that drill. He is a dinosaur or just lazy.

Shouldn’t be doing that session with that level of player. People moan about how long we train. 9 acre is empty etc. But then he does that for a third of a training session. Most of the players are stood round waiting for their turn so poor intensity and increased potential for injury. And not technically challenging.

Darlingtons was like watching a master class in coaching. Which we should be proud of, he is one of our own. The Welsh FA coaching is held in high regard, that is a fact. I can see why.

Hard to explain in text but every player was engaged. They were all involved. They all worked. And the outcomes were clear.

Full back feeds winger. Full back bombs on. Feeds winger. Winger passes to full back. Full back switches play to other full back. Then repeat down the other wing. It was mind blowing. 16 players doing that

And he gets blamed for negative play? It was an ultra attacking drill[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that insight Carl....

Phils-an-alki 28th February 2020 07.38:40

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2345867].

That’s exactly what I saw Dixie.

Barrows was something that beginner U7s coaches do. Striker outside of the box starts with the ball. Feeds it to player just inside the box. They lay it back to striker. Striker shoots. Anyone who has kicked a ball has done that drill. He is a dinosaur or just lazy.

Shouldn’t be doing that session with that level of player. People moan about how long we train. 9 acre is empty etc. But then he does that for a third of a training session. Most of the players are stood round waiting for their turn so poor intensity and increased potential for injury. And not technically challenging.

Darlingtons was like watching a master class in coaching. Which we should be proud of, he is one of our own. The Welsh FA coaching is held in high regard, that is a fact. I can see why.

Hard to explain in text but every player was engaged. They were all involved. They all worked. And the outcomes were clear.

[B]Full back feeds winger. Full back bombs on. Feeds winger. Winger passes to full back. Full back switches play to other full back. Then repeat down the other wing. It was mind blowing. 16 players doing that[/B]

And he gets blamed for negative play? It was an ultra attacking drill[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mrs D. More jackanory. This is RP gold; "Mind blowing" :crampe::crampe::crampe:

Phils-an-alki 28th February 2020 07.39:31

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2345876]One thing about Darlington when we were struggling in the league under Wilkin and he was sacked after the Trophy collapse, Darlington took over temporarily until end of season.

We moved up the table played more proper than football and end of the season we were 3rd in the form table..

Those are facts you can research yourselves, it's to simplistic to just blame him for what's wrong, I think the problem is because we won't pay to attract better managerial candidates we are ending up with Rookies learning the ropes at our expense. We should be trying to get the best candidate for our level, but yes no guarantees of success whoever is manager.[/QUOTE]

Name one player who has improved under Pep D?

That tells you everything you need to know.

moynkeepthefaith 28th February 2020 07.52:14

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2345888]Name one player who has improved under Pep D?

That tells you everything you need to know.[/QUOTE]

Would we not all agree that Luke Young has improved this season ? Just saying

Bigmike 28th February 2020 07.53:17

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2345889]Would we not all agree that Luke Young has improved this season ? Just saying[/QUOTE]

yes

davewilli 28th February 2020 08.09:48

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2345889]Would we not all agree that Luke Young has improved this season ? Just saying[/QUOTE]

I would say Lainton, Lawlor and Walker improved in their previous team's form and compared to the opinion of their fans. Problem is it all a bit too simplistic in a team game, players and the team kicked on under Keates, then Ricketts improved on some aspects but this season for whatever reason we went massively in reverse. There are reasons but the anti few will see them as excuses, but there is always a reason.

Bigmike 28th February 2020 08.11:47

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2345887]Thanks Mrs D. More jackanory. This is RP gold; "Mind blowing" :crampe::crampe::crampe:[/QUOTE]

You are obviously intelligent and your opinions are valued. It is a shame that you cannot make your point without being unpleasant.

Phils-an-alki 28th February 2020 08.22:47

Nope. He's just the same player he was last season, its just that he's been surround by shite for the main so he just looks better than last. Plus he didn't down tools like the majority of others did. Just saying..

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.57:59.