RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Racecourse (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116606-racecourse.html)

Corner Flag 18th November 2020 13.50:30

Re: Racecourse

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2409800]Getting rid of the smarmy "my" bit and simply reverting to the Racecourse ground again would be welcomed my many.[/QUOTE]

Agree and lets call it as it always was "The Racecourse ". Let's have a professional announcer , entertainment at half time , proper food , English before Welsh announcements ( I suspect that 90% of the fans cant speak Welsh ) and cut out all the cringe worthy rubbish that Harris and Co introduced ( thug security for one ).

138+NotOut 18th November 2020 13.55:04

[QUOTE=podders;2409802]Long term future of the Racecourse, for if we ever made it big, was compromised as soon as those flats went up. If you look at the footprint of whats available at the Racecourse and whats been built elsewhere then the New York Stadium in Rotherham is a similar size at 12k.

If we wanted regular international football at the Racecourse, for example 1 competitive international a year, i think the FAW would want to see a 20k stadium like the Liberty stadium.[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. The Yale stand is huge. You could replace it with a stand the same size which would hold more fans. Same with the Kop

billy 18th November 2020 14.03:45

Preston have developed there historic ground looks really impressive with a capacity of 24;500

dlrwrexham 18th November 2020 14.03:46

For me, Kop first and foremost, obviously. The MRS is fine, and I don't think there's an urgent need to redevelop either the Tech-End or the Yale. Just get some nice fresh new seats in the latter two - and maybe the MRS while they're at it! - and that would make a world of difference aesthetically. Doing the Kop will obviously cost, and personally, I'd be very content with that in the short to medium term. Floodlighting will need doing too, before long, so more cost there.

For me, the two biggest potential benefits of this deal are a new Kop stand, and a new, properly equipped training ground. These are both clearly vital to the club's long-term success, and for me are just as important as investment in the playing staff. Let's not expect instant miracles though, and personally I'm just gladdened to know that when some sort of normality returns to our daily lives, we - unlike some others perhaps! - will hopefully still have a club to support, and one which will be able to move in the right direction.:)

Alan Attack 18th November 2020 14.13:52

What's happening with this football museum?

davewilli 18th November 2020 14.19:11

It would be interesting to see some analysis done on our potential gates with a successful team or a team established in the Championship. Alot of our capacity is taken up by seats in the away end and that has to be factored in playing in the Championship. Looking back over our records of the last 100 years 77/78 our promotion season to tier 2 was our best for league attendances averaging 11,651. In only 10 of the 100 years has our best league gate of the season topped 15K so I guess a new 5K Kop stand would certainly do for starters. Over the 4 seasons we were in tier 2 our average gates dropped from around 11.5K to 4 2K then nosedived after relegation.

We have a large catchment area, although Wxm historically has been one of the smallest towns with a FL club and over the years, people have only travelled in good numbers for the big cup ties or the big end of season games. I suppose the euphoria will bring back the casuals and many new supporters, the secret will be keeping them consistently on wet or freezing Tuesday evenings, when it is all about the football not the glitz.

Vorporix 18th November 2020 14.50:10

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2409841]What's happening with this football museum?[/QUOTE]

It will no doubt have a tiny space in the existing town museum.

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 14.53:58

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2409852]It will no doubt have a tiny space in the existing town museum.[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be going into the new Kop isn't it?

Vorporix 18th November 2020 14.55:57

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2409854]Supposed to be going into the new Kop isn't it?[/QUOTE]

No LD - was origionally but we were 'short changed' again.

Last I heard it was going in the old Mags court!

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 15.00:14

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2409855]No LD - was origionally but we were 'short changed' again.

Last I heard it was going in the old Mags court![/QUOTE]

Ah, thought it was mentioned in the last news about Kop funding?

They need to make their minds up.

WrexhamO 18th November 2020 15.01:27

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2409855]No LD - was origionally but we were 'short changed' again.

Last I heard it was going in the old Mags court![/QUOTE]

We weren't short changed, the WST did not want it there as they were worried about the ongoing cost of running it. (I think).

mitchelltown 18th November 2020 15.07:37

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2409841]What's happening with this football museum?[/QUOTE]

It's going into the present museum. I think £450k has been set aside for the extension of the building. A business plan for funding has been presented by Fourth Street Consultants to WAG.

cynprifathro 18th November 2020 15.37:56

Most RP Posters getting far too carried away with peripheral matters! EFL League 2 first is a must! Time for realism!

podders 18th November 2020 15.56:08

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2409864]Most RP Posters getting far too carried away with peripheral matters! EFL League 2 first is a must! Time for realism![/QUOTE]

The thing is we can talk about these things now, pretty soon this will be a reality...

[IMG]http://www.wrexham.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/wrexhamdotcom-racecourse-november-1991-plans-800x590.jpg[/IMG]

Back of the Kop 18th November 2020 16.11:00

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2409864]Most RP Posters getting far too carried away with peripheral matters! EFL League 2 first is a must! Time for realism![/QUOTE]

Can you blame people really ?

We've just been taken over by 2 guys who are worth several hundred million pounds between them.

This isn't Pryce Griffiths, Nev Dickens, Geoff Moss or Alex Hamilton

We just hit the jackpot with Golden knobs on

Outertowner 18th November 2020 16.59:12

We are like big kids writing out our Christmas Lists to Santa (R&R).

WxmWynno 18th November 2020 17.05:30

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2409870]Can you blame people really ?

We've just been taken over by 2 guys who are worth several hundred million pounds between them.

This isn't Pryce Griffiths, Nev Dickens, Geoff Moss or Alex Hamilton

We just hit the jackpot with Golden knobs on[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

APJ 18th November 2020 18.02:27

This will do!, but with safe standing on the lower tier? Been posted here before but nice to dream again!

[IMG]https://stecymru14.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/img_7429.jpg[/IMG]

joe 18th November 2020 18.03:16

[QUOTE=APJ;2409894]This will do!, but with safe standing on the lower tier? Been posted here before but nice to dream again!

[IMG]https://stecymru14.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/img_7429.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Sod that, we should be going for much bigger.

Inside Left 18th November 2020 18.22:46

Floodlight pylons are so old hat.

Redordead 18th November 2020 18.27:09

[QUOTE=APJ;2409894]This will do!, but with safe standing on the lower tier? Been posted here before but nice to dream again!

Looks similar to Walsall’s, Stockport or one like Tranmeres would be ideal

stevewxm 18th November 2020 18.27:17

Will do for me very tidy

dlrwrexham 18th November 2020 18.40:10

Where's the tea bar supposed to go ?:confused:

davewilli 18th November 2020 18.44:41

Doesn't quite have the character of the Bushfield Stand, just hope it can generate as much noise.

-luke 18th November 2020 19.07:38

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2409904]Where's the tea bar supposed to go ?:confused:[/QUOTE]

I would 100% give up seats to put in a new Kop shop the same as the old one

dragonspark 18th November 2020 19.36:59

and a cantilever stand over the yale stand

david john 18th November 2020 19.41:21

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2409829]Agree and lets call it as it always was "The Racecourse ". Let's have a professional announcer , entertainment at half time , proper food , English before Welsh announcements ( I suspect that 90% of the fans cant speak Welsh ) and cut out all the cringe worthy rubbish that Harris and Co introduced ( thug security for one ).[/QUOTE]

incase you may not have noticed wrexham is in wales .The fact that most of you in Wrexham cannot speak the language of your own country is your problem ,but i hear a lot of welsh spoken when i attend a game long may it last,so english before welsh NO.Then thinking about it if we had to evacuate for some reason we would be out the ground before you would:)

jonesfach 18th November 2020 19.42:02

Isn’t it nice to have these thoughts and possible problems.

Alan Attack 18th November 2020 20.14:17

It’s somewhat ironic that these ideas and thoughts for the stadium are coming forward from supporters when the supporters are on the verge of selling the club.

I doubt much will change. Maybe a few cosmetic changes for the benefit of the cameras.

Back of the Kop 18th November 2020 20.17:43

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2409928]It’s somewhat ironic that these ideas and thoughts for the stadium are coming forward from supporters when the supporters are on the verge of selling the club.

I doubt much will change. Maybe a few cosmetic changes for the benefit of the cameras.[/QUOTE]

The fans never owned it.

It was run by a small fanatic cult

Alan Attack 18th November 2020 20.22:58

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2409929]The fans never owned it.

It was run by a small fanatic cult[/QUOTE]

A supporters group owned the club and not all the fans. I do understand your sentiment however hence why it’s best we move on.

APJ 18th November 2020 21.17:23

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2409928]It’s somewhat ironic that these ideas and thoughts for the stadium are coming forward from supporters when the supporters are on the verge of selling the club.

I doubt much will change. Maybe a few cosmetic changes for the benefit of the cameras.[/QUOTE]

Fans knew there was little prospect of stadium improvement with the status quo and now they see owners who bring with them ideas and hope. Not ironic at all, just common sense reasoning.

I think your cynicism is unfounded and that in the fullness of time, you will be proved wrong about the stadium.

Ugolini 18th November 2020 21.39:50

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2409800]Getting rid of the smarmy "my" bit and simply reverting to the Racecourse ground again would be welcomed my many.[/QUOTE]

I agree. My Racecourse sounds too twee!!

TheRealWelshWayne 19th November 2020 07.40:10

[QUOTE=Ugolini;2409937]I agree. My Racecourse sounds too twee!![/QUOTE]

Never worked, did it?

Caused confusion. Bit of a post-truth Trumpism.

Who owns the Racecourse? The university

So why is it called 'My Racecourse'? Because we've agreed to pay rent for it for a long time.

Oh! :confused:

Phils-an-alki 19th November 2020 07.48:52

Yeah, the club board always listened to the fan base and any resolutions that were passed...

You keep saying we should move on yet you keep dropping in these sly little digs at fans in. Make your mind up.

Corner Flag 19th November 2020 08.02:59

[QUOTE=david john;2409920]incase you may not have noticed wrexham is in wales .The fact that most of you in Wrexham cannot speak the language of your own country is your problem ,but i hear a lot of welsh spoken when i attend a game long may it last,so english before welsh NO.Then thinking about it if we had to evacuate for some reason we would be out the ground before you would:)[/QUOTE]

Lot of Welsh spoken when you attend games , is that from you and your mate ? :) . Obviously Wrexham is in Wales and obviously Welsh is one of the languages of Wales but you must accept that English is the norm in East Wales .
It would be great if we all spoke Welsh but its not the case so until then lets have English announcements first please .

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 19th November 2020 08.06:27

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2409983]Lot of Welsh spoken when you attend games , is that from you and your mate ? :) . Obviously Wrexham is in Wales and obviously Welsh is one of the languages of Wales but you must accept that English is the norm in East Wales .
It would be great if we all spoke Welsh but its not the case so until then lets have English announcements first please .[/QUOTE]

Genuinely, what difference does it make having English first then Welsh?

standman 19th November 2020 08.34:44

Like flames in the tunnel, madness when the seats in the Eric Roberts actually stain people’s clothes and it has holes in the roof bigger than my fist. But you can’t of expected the trust to care about supporters who didn’t sit in the stands the directors didn’t use.

BuckleyDerbyRob 19th November 2020 08.36:05

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2409984]Genuinely, what difference does it make having English first then Welsh?[/QUOTE]

To me now really, especially if you can't actually hear what's being said... Having said that, it would be nice not hearing anything because of the noise of 15,000 fans rather than because of a crap PA:)

BuckleyDerbyRob 19th November 2020 08.38:55

Should be none, not now... Fat fingers!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.38:55.