RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Peter Moore meets Rob McElhenney (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116683-peter-moore-meets-rob-mcelhenney.html)

short_gog 28th November 2020 23.00:29

Re: Peter Moore meets Rob McElhenney

Is he the new CEO of aviator gin? ��

-luke 28th November 2020 23.05:12

[QUOTE=short_gog;2414204]Is he the new CEO of aviator gin? ��[/QUOTE]

No. Owned by Diageo now. CEO is Ivan Menezes

Back of the Kop 28th November 2020 23.10:17

Keates is going from reporting to Spencer to reporting to Peter Moore.

Good luck with that Deano

Haruki 28th November 2020 23.15:27

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2414207]Keates is going from reporting to Spencer to reporting to Peter Moore.

Good luck with that Deano[/QUOTE]

The flip side is Peter Moore is going from managing Jurgen Klopp to Dean fuppin Keates!!!

mold road trendy 28th November 2020 23.20:08

[QUOTE=spuderz123;2414154]Show some ambition ffs.

What a fvcking ridiculous appointment. Hope Pete Jones approves[/QUOTE]

When I asked him in Turf earlier he said... I thought he was doing life for bumming n killing gay guys on North Wales coast !!! ....simple mistake I suppose .

NorwegianRed 28th November 2020 23.26:44

Ryan Reynolds posted the pic on Instagram too with @wrexham_afc - it has to be happening.
I could imagine PM might only be on board for a year or 2 given his previous comments about wanting to settle in the US with family, but anything he can do for our club will be amazing. Hopefully he’ll be grooming a suitable replacement the whole time.

pawn star 28th November 2020 23.28:13

A very good appointment if it is announced, as Peter knows the area and apparently works hard, but he has never played for us which might go against him if the WST were interviewing him

AndyCobra 28th November 2020 23.29:52

Frickin amazing. Long may it continue

bowler 29th November 2020 00.04:48

[QUOTE=Haruki;2414200][url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YcIPVv-LKg8[/url]

Peter Moore’s Ted Talk is worth a watch. The guy is a business ninja, he used to report directly to Bill Gates, the contacts and experience he can bring are unbelievable[/QUOTE]

I watched the ted talk and it's unbelievable that we have a man on board with such knowledge and experience,this club will be transformed under his tutorship,no more amateur decisions,but ruthless professionalism, If anybody thinks that he will stand for the present coaching staff,think again because he is not one to stand on ceremony, I've no doubt a new manager and coaching staff will be in place shortly after he comes in,and a decent training facility will be one of his first priorities. How long he stays is not known maybe two years working from his American home and visits over here, I think he will spend a few months at the club sorting things out and putting the pieces together,to make a successful club. It's going to be a great adventure let's all enjoy the ride.

northwalian dragon 29th November 2020 00.14:31

This is a dream. Absolutely insane.

Viva la Peter Moore revolucion

wrexhamforever16 29th November 2020 00.55:17

Peter Moore has just tweeted to say that he is giving something back to the club & community he grew up with in the 70’s. Says he’s not an employee of the club or full time, but he’ll be an advisor to help with whatever we need. So from that, does it mean he ain’t the CEO but just someone who will offering advice whenever needed? Even so still huge for the club regardless.

WrexhamUSA 29th November 2020 01.20:49

Incredible times for the club. Peter Moore joining us in any capacity will be such a huge advantage. Awesome.

aussiejackoinsaudi 29th November 2020 01.50:17

Does this mean I'm still in the running for the position?

Welsh Kiwi 29th November 2020 02.16:36

You couldn't pick a better advisor to assist our Club's renaissance than Peter. Not only his incredible global business network and extensive high profile career achievements but also being a local lad who understands and has great affection for our club from his own memories supporting back in the 70's.

Having reached the pinnacles of football achievements with Klopp's Liverpool side its nice to see Peter taking up the honorary president role at Gresford Athletic and now agreeing with Rob and Ryan an advisory role at Wrexham AFC.

crazywelsh 29th November 2020 02.18:09

[QUOTE=pawn star;2414213]A very good appointment if it is announced, as Peter knows the area and apparently works hard, but he has never played for us which might go against him if the WST were interviewing him[/QUOTE]

His cv wouldn’t be upto it, he’s not achieved enough as a Wrexham fan or he’s not a real fan.

dewi ogwen 29th November 2020 03.27:17

Sounds as though he is going to advise Rob Mcelhenney without being employed by the club. Doesn't sound to me as though he will be the new CEO. His advice alone will be a big plus for us especially if he is advising on the direction we should go and who we need as a CEO.

Alan Attack 29th November 2020 08.03:47

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2414227]His cv wouldn’t be upto it, he’s not achieved enough as a Wrexham fan or he’s not a real fan.[/QUOTE]

Has he got any experience of running/advising a non league team?

FieldtownRed 29th November 2020 08.09:58

[QUOTE=dewi ogwen;2414229]Sounds as though he is going to advise Rob Mcelhenney without being employed by the club. Doesn't sound to me as though he will be the new CEO. His advice alone will be a big plus for us especially if he is advising on the direction we should go and who we need as a CEO.[/QUOTE]

Chuck in his network of contacts too and our potential growth has gone through the roof.

MJ6987 29th November 2020 08.15:02

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2414221]Peter Moore has just tweeted to say that he is giving something back to the club & community he grew up with in the 70’s. Says he’s not an employee of the club or full time, but he’ll be an advisor to help with whatever we need. So from that, does it mean he ain’t the CEO but just someone who will offering advice whenever needed? Even so still huge for the club regardless.[/QUOTE]

A non-Exec Director I guess.

DaveOMac 29th November 2020 08.21:25

[QUOTE=Peter Moore]@PeterMooreLFC 7h
I marveled at Albert Kinsey’s nose for goal, idolized the brick wall that was Eddie May, was in awe of the midfield ace Arfon Griffiths, and reveled in the 100% commitment of Joey Jones. Delighted to be able to help
@RMcElhenney and @VancityReynolds get @Wrexham_AFC back again 1/2[/QUOTE]
[URL="https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/1332863552336510978?s=20"]https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/1332863552336510978?s=20[/URL]

[QUOTE=Peter Moore]@PeterMooreLFC 7h
I’ll provide help as an advisor to the club that gave me so many great moments in the historic seasons of the 70’s, and to the community in which I lived before leaving for the US...not be as an employee or in a full-time capacity, but just as someone that wants to give back..2/2[/QUOTE]
[URL="https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/1332864285622501377?s=20"]https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/1332864285622501377?s=20[/URL]

redavid 29th November 2020 08.31:00

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2414191]For those that were worried what might happen if & when R&T leave, the signing of Peter Moore almost guarantees the legacy & football club of wrexham fc will remain in very good hands long after R&R aint around anymore. Peter Moore is one of the biggest coups this club could possibly of got. This news is enormous, the future really is bright[/QUOTE]

Whats also pleasing is peter is knocking on a bit , But if he`s only here for a couple of years he will get a replacement in of quality , We are in good hands .

-luke 29th November 2020 08.40:07

Still happy with him being involved but somewhat taken the shine off that this is an advisory only role

moynkeepthefaith 29th November 2020 08.41:57

[QUOTE=redavid;2414248]Whats also pleasing is peter is knocking on a bit , But if he`s only here for a couple of years he will get a replacement in of quality , We are in good hands .[/QUOTE]

Steady tiger he’s 66 which is hardly ancient.

Alan Attack 29th November 2020 08.43:06

[QUOTE=-luke;2414252]Still happy with him being involved but somewhat taken the shine off that this is an advisory only role[/QUOTE]

We'll see. They haven’t taken over yet.

redone 29th November 2020 08.48:47

[QUOTE=redavid;2414248]Whats also pleasing is peter is knocking on a bit , But if he`s only here for a couple of years he will get a replacement in of quality , We are in good hands .[/QUOTE]

seen him on the video of Gresford Ath,looks fit as a butchers dog, dont no about him knockin on

pricey 29th November 2020 09.03:59

This is really good news. Its all positive at the moment!

Has anyone contacted Pete Jones for an opinion?

dixienormous 29th November 2020 09.05:34

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2414254]We'll see. They haven’t taken over yet.[/QUOTE]

Eh?

blackbrookred 29th November 2020 09.10:26

[QUOTE=Haruki;2414209]The flip side is Peter Moore is going from managing Jurgen Klopp to Dean fuppin Keates!!![/QUOTE]

A collection for the outgoing manager is hopefully the 1st thing he has to manage.

WxmWynno 29th November 2020 09.12:59

Even if he isn’t CEO, like others have said, it’s brilliant we have someone of his calibre helping out the club.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Funny_Old_Game 29th November 2020 09.15:21

[QUOTE=redone;2414257]seen him on the video of Gresford Ath,looks fit as a butchers dog, dont no about him knockin on[/QUOTE]

He has unreal guns on him, man is in pure shape.

Mr Wonderful 29th November 2020 09.18:07

I love cryptic crosswords & possibly Mr McElhenney does to.
I take it we could be the airplane, Rob is the passenger & guess we know who’s going to be the pilot so to speak.
Even the superman tee shirt as connotations to it.

Still don’t want to get ahead of myself though..... surely could this really be on!!

Redordead 29th November 2020 09.21:46

[url]https://deva-chat.com/thread/65/official-goats-grazing-paddock?page=43[/url]

Moore gave up his role at LFC to live in America. So Wrexham have now got two owners who’ve never set foot in Wrexham and a CEO who won’t either.

Also some “propaganda” pieces on how Wrexham is a struggling town and inferring the club was staring at the abyss before these two “actors” rolled into town. I’m starting to think this could all go a bit Terry Smith.

joe 29th November 2020 09.27:21

[QUOTE=Redordead;2414266][url]https://deva-chat.com/thread/65/official-goats-grazing-paddock?page=43[/url]

Moore gave up his role at LFC to live in America. So Wrexham have now got two owners who’ve never set foot in Wrexham and a CEO who won’t either.

Also some “propaganda” pieces on how Wrexham is a struggling town and inferring the club was staring at the abyss before these two “actors” rolled into town. I’m starting to think this could all go a bit Terry Smith.[/QUOTE]

They’ll be devastated when they find out Moore supported Wrexham as a child and has links to the Marford area.

Gutted he’s not CEO but still a big coup as an advisor. Let’s hope the CEO appointment is a big one too.

Mr Wonderful 29th November 2020 09.30:29

[url]https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/national/18906796.peter-moore-act-advisor-wrexham-owners-ryan-reynolds-rob-mcelhenney/[/url]

Get the eff in!

Funny_Old_Game 29th November 2020 09.35:54

[QUOTE=-luke;2414252]Still happy with him being involved but somewhat taken the shine off that this is an advisory only role[/QUOTE]

Let’s not get too greedy. Just having him involved in any capacity is fantastic. Hopefully he’ll set the strategy and then we go out and get the people we need to run the place. His contacts will be invaluable.

DenbighRed 29th November 2020 09.38:05

Just spoke to Pete Jones.

He'd never heard of Peter Moore. Watched Liverpool's 2019/20 season review and said it was "a load of shite".

Not his cup of tea.

dragon48 29th November 2020 09.46:59

The appointment of a CEO now becomes crucial. I like to think PM already has someone in mind. Bloke who knows football, buys into the project and, importantly, stands no messing.
Likely to be soon surely?

Alan Attack 29th November 2020 09.48:16

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2414261]Eh?[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I’m wrong (I often am) but they’ve not been handed the keys yet.

redinsaudi 29th November 2020 09.48:55

I hope the first thing he advises is to get Spencer and co to clear out their offices and DK and the buffoons to clear out from the school fields

RHOSTYLLEN IN ADELAIDE 29th November 2020 09.56:38

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2414265]I love cryptic crosswords & possibly Mr McElhenney does to.
I take it we could be the airplane, Rob is the passenger & guess we know who’s going to be the pilot so to speak.
Even the superman tee shirt as connotations to it.

Still don’t want to get ahead of myself though..... surely could this really be on!![/QUOTE]

I,m sold on that bit of thinking:)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.17:10.