RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Peter Moore meets Rob McElhenney (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116683-peter-moore-meets-rob-mcelhenney.html)

pricey 29th November 2020 09.59:15

Re: Peter Moore meets Rob McElhenney

[QUOTE=DenbighRed;2414271]Just spoke to Pete Jones.

He'd never heard of Peter Moore. Watched Liverpool's 2019/20 season review and said it was "a load of shite".

Not his cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

LlayDragon 29th November 2020 10.02:20

[QUOTE=Redordead;2414266][url]https://deva-chat.com/thread/65/official-goats-grazing-paddock?page=43[/url]

Moore gave up his role at LFC to live in America. So Wrexham have now got two owners who’ve never set foot in Wrexham and a CEO who won’t either.

Also some “propaganda” pieces on how Wrexham is a struggling town and inferring the club was staring at the abyss before these two “actors” rolled into town. [B]I’m starting to think this could all go a bit Terry Smith[/B].[/QUOTE]

That's tickled me.

dixienormous 29th November 2020 10.10:49

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2414274]Correct me if I’m wrong (I often am) but they’ve not been handed the keys yet.[/QUOTE]

I see.

t1954 29th November 2020 10.15:29

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2414274]Correct me if I’m wrong (I often am) but they’ve not been handed the keys yet.[/QUOTE]

Just how long does this process take? Don't worry, I will have the locks changed if there is a problem.

Dafgog 29th November 2020 10.30:42

I expect the change over this week - wouldnt have shared Pete Moore unless all done and dusted

Colonel D 29th November 2020 10.32:32

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2414275]I hope the first thing he advises is to get Spencer and co to clear out their offices and DK and the buffoons to clear out from the school fields[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Peter Moore will be mentoring Spencer , who will be joining the club full time.

138+NotOut 29th November 2020 10.33:31

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2414288]Perhaps Peter Moore will be mentoring Spencer , who will be joining the club full time.[/QUOTE]

No way he's going to leave Kellogg's. He's on too much there to gamble joining Wrexham full time

redinsaudi 29th November 2020 11.05:03

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2414288]Perhaps Peter Moore will be mentoring Spencer , who will be joining the club full time.[/QUOTE]

If this was true it would just show what a crook Spencer would be? Recommending a sale and then getting the top job too. That would stink of corruption surely? Can’t see any right minded individual recruiting him after years of failure.

redtalk 29th November 2020 11.10:28

[QUOTE=Redordead;2414266][url]https://deva-chat.com/thread/65/official-goats-grazing-paddock?page=43[/url]

Moore gave up his role at LFC to live in America. So Wrexham have now got two owners who’ve never set foot in Wrexham and a CEO who won’t either.

Also some “propaganda” pieces on how Wrexham is a struggling town and inferring the club was staring at the abyss before these two “actors” rolled into town. I’m starting to think this could all go a bit Terry Smith.[/QUOTE]

I find it absolutely baffling how people with normal intelligence can compare the resources Terry Smith had at his disposal (one ex player recently said they had to rush to cash converters to cash in their monthly cheques for fear of them bouncing!) , to two guys who are A listers in TV and Movie who are worth 100's of millions of dollars , who can court successful CEO's for the biggest companies on the planet, Just bizarre!

rob_1072 29th November 2020 11.12:20

[QUOTE=redtalk;2414295]I find it absolutely baffling how people with normal intelligence can compare the resources Terry Smith had at his disposal (one ex player recently said they had to rush to cash converters to cash in their monthly cheques for fear of them bouncing!) , to two guys who are A listers in TV and Movie who are worth 100's of millions of euros, who can court successful CEO's for the biggest companies on the planet, Just bizarre![/QUOTE]

Many of them hate us so much they can’t comprehend the potential of the take over so will convince themselves everything will go wrong

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 29th November 2020 11.16:45

I know Spencer's got the gift of the gab, but he wouldn't have the first clue about being a professional CEO of a football club.

Besides, as just said, no way would he leave Kelloggs

redavid 29th November 2020 11.20:47

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2414253]Steady tiger he’s 66 which is hardly ancient.[/QUOTE]

They tend to walk away from stressful jobs at that age , thats what i meant .

Corner Flag 29th November 2020 11.22:24

Bloody hope not !!!

Pieman 29th November 2020 11.37:12

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2414298]I know Spencer's got the gift of the gab, but he wouldn't have the first clue about being a professional CEO of a football club.

Besides, as just said, no way would he leave Kelloggs[/QUOTE]

Also part of the regime all but the 29 want to see the back of

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th November 2020 11.59:41

These rumours of Spencer Harris getting 'a job' won't go away.

Birdy 29th November 2020 12.05:12

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2414313]These rumours of Spencer Harris getting 'a job' won't go away.[/QUOTE]

They are not really rumours just some posters on here saying stupid shit.

jacthelad 29th November 2020 12.07:05

Hes an absolute shoe in for the honorary board id imagine. Cant see any more than that. Imagine hiring peter Moore as an advisor and then paying Spencer harris to run the fckin club
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

138+NotOut 29th November 2020 12.11:29

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2414296]Many of them hate us so much they can’t comprehend the potential of the take over so will convince themselves everything will go wrong[/QUOTE]

If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be pig sick

Alan Attack 29th November 2020 12.12:16

Knowing our luck, we’ll get the North Wales murderer and not the former CEO of Liverpool.

bowler 29th November 2020 12.14:54

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2414317]Knowing our luck, we’ll get the North Wales murderer and not the former CEO of Liverpool.[/QUOTE]

What a f- in inconsiderate comment

Alan Attack 29th November 2020 12.19:50

[QUOTE=bowler;2414319]What a f- in inconsiderate comment[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you’re offended.

pricey 29th November 2020 12.56:30

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2414317]Knowing our luck, we’ll get the North Wales murderer and not the former CEO of Liverpool.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Thought that was quite good myself.:hurray:

JonoWafc 29th November 2020 13.03:32

Also some “propaganda” pieces on how Wrexham is a struggling town and inferring the club was staring at the abyss before these two “actors” rolled into town. I’m starting to think this could all go a bit Terry Smith.[/QUOTE]

Why we give these idiots any airtime I’ll never know, they’re a pub team who let their club die and play in front of a couple of hundred fans, they’ll let their club die again before we ever play them

Dai83 29th November 2020 13.18:36

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2414324]Why we give these idiots any airtime I’ll never know, they’re a pub team who let their club die and play in front of a couple of hundred fans, they’ll let their club die again before we ever play them[/QUOTE]

Oh I dont know. I enjoyed reading that, their absolute fume is brilliant.

They will make a good feeder club in years to come, when our youngsters need game time.

Redordead 29th November 2020 13.24:57

It gets better

What happened when we tried to find a Hollywood buyer for Chester FC
Inspired by Wrexham AFC's Hollywood takeover, we decided to try and find a buyer for Chester FC

[url]https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/what-happened-tried-find-hollywood-19352256[/url]

ABd 29th November 2020 13.34:06

[QUOTE] A spokesperson for Chester FC said: "We are extremely proud to be a supporter-owned football club and it is our members who would have the final decision if a serious and credible offer to change the ownership model was made.

"We wish Rob and Ryan good luck with their documentary and look forward to renewing our rivalries on the pitch in the near future."[/QUOTE]

[I]‘good luck with the documentary’[/I]

Lol triggered.

LlayDragon 29th November 2020 14.14:27

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2414315]Hes an absolute shoe in for the honorary board id imagine. Cant see any more than that. Imagine hiring peter Moore as an advisor and then paying Spencer harris to run the fckin club
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Yup.

That seems the limit of his involvement to me.

Dai83 29th November 2020 14.31:37

Whoring themselves out to John Bishop hahahaha.

joe 29th November 2020 14.44:23

[QUOTE=Redordead;2414329]It gets better

What happened when we tried to find a Hollywood buyer for Chester FC
Inspired by Wrexham AFC's Hollywood takeover, we decided to try and find a buyer for Chester FC

[url]https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/what-happened-tried-find-hollywood-19352256[/url][/QUOTE]

Embarrassing that. Reeks of desperation too, wishing us "good luck with the documentary" yet they're absolutely desperate for it to happen to them aswell.

marathonplny 29th November 2020 17.04:46

I heard this the day after R & R were announced. Thought it was a joke at the time. But it came from a relative of one of their board members.

Nice try Jester

Alan Attack 29th November 2020 17.23:07

Isn’t it a story of a Chester Chronicle reporter contacting agents and not the football club?

Prodigal Dragon 29th November 2020 17.27:01

How strong is your ‘perhaps’?

Educated guess; wishful thinking; or ITK?:)

Rob 29th November 2020 17.29:45

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2414378]Isn’t it a story of a Chester Chronicle reporter contacting agents and not the football club?[/QUOTE]

Wacky hilarious former ed now moved to crewe or some hellhole trying to get some click for Reach PLC by speaking to agents for hollywood stars like.... Chris Evans and John Bishop?! Surely not :toilet:

Chester Chron got killed off, to be fair you wouldnt catch their former Chester writers doing that embarrassment.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th November 2020 19.38:26

I've been told today one of the current board were in Wrexham Maelor Hospital this week, introducing themself as the Chief Executive of Wrexham AFC.

EnglishRed 29th November 2020 19.52:27

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2414399]I've been told today one of the current board were in Wrexham Maelor Hospital this week, introducing themself as the Chief Executive of Wrexham AFC.[/QUOTE]

Was that the official announcement?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th November 2020 20.01:16

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2414401]Was that the official announcement?[/QUOTE]

No idea if it's due to them being an ego maniac or they've genuinely got the job.

Doesn't help they couldn't remember his name, but the nameless individual knew their onions regarding a sponsor. Some possible big news incoming regarding them which will be a big boost to the area already. :hurray:

With the banner now up, an announcement on the details can't be far off.

I know who my money's on.

dixienormous 29th November 2020 20.05:42

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2414404]No idea if it's due to them being an ego maniac or they've genuinely got the job.

Doesn't help they couldn't remember his name, but the nameless individual knew their onions regarding a sponsor. Some possible big news incoming regarding them which will be a big boost to the area already. :hurray:

With the banner now up, an announcement on the details can't be far off.

I know who my money's on.[/QUOTE]

Who?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th November 2020 20.20:08

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2414405]Who?[/QUOTE]

Spencer Harris has been pushing for a job throughout negotiations is the rumour.

If that's the case, these 11 other bids and the reasons for failure I'd really like to know about!! :eek:

He did enjoy the Mr Chairman tag, there's hope yet.

Same person would get some good nuggets from Pete Jones from time to time...

NottsRed 29th November 2020 20.27:02

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2414399]I've been told today one of the current board were in Wrexham Maelor Hospital this week, introducing themself as the Chief Executive of Wrexham AFC.[/QUOTE]

Will they be in isolation now for two weeks given what a Covid hot spot the Maelor is?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th November 2020 20.33:03

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2414409]Will they be in isolation now for two weeks given what a Covid hot spot the Maelor is?[/QUOTE]

No idea about the nature of the visit.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.42:34.