RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham Leader confirms fans want Keates out. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116815-wrexham-leader-confirms-fans-want-keates-out.html)

Rob Edwards 7th January 2021 16.50:06

Re: Wrexham Leader confirms fans want Keates out.

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2424795]Was the response "at least we have a manager. I'm sure there'd be a lot more complaints if we didn't have a manager"[/QUOTE]

Or " he knows the club inside out and has managed at a higher level in the last 12 months ".

Quay Red 13th January 2021 12.13:04

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2424795]Was the response "at least we have a manager. I'm sure there'd be a lot more complaints if we didn't have a manager"[/QUOTE]

Sadly the response was initially political waffle, then it was that he'd learned a lot in his time away from here. Argued that Deans previous record was good and that we weren't failing before he left. I gave up at that point.

I have had a number of chats with Spencer over the years and found him to be very approachable, enthusiastic about the club and dedicated to his role within the trust and football club. I have respect for the time and effort he has put in but couldn't agree with Keates re appointment.

Vorporix 13th January 2021 14.52:44

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2426163]Sadly the response was initially political waffle, then it was that he'd learned a lot in his time away from here. Argued that Deans previous record was good and that we weren't failing before he left. I gave up at that point.

[B]I have had a number of chats with Spencer over the years and found him to be very approachable, enthusiastic about the club and dedicated to his role within the trust and football club. I have respect for the time and effort he has put in but couldn't agree with Keates re appointment.[/B][/QUOTE]

I couldn't have put it better myself.

I didn't agree with Keates re appointment - as far as I am concerned it was a real 'kick in the teeth' to the many fans who the board must have known did not want him back.

Not really worked out either has it!

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 13th January 2021 15.30:39

Trouble is/was, Spencer either can't, or did'nt want to see further than the end of his nose..
We may have picked up some one nil nail biting points up when Keates took over first time, but the football was dreadfull..I was quite relieved when he went to Walsall.

Obviously..Spencer saw somethng different.

Quay Red 13th January 2021 16.09:20

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2426208]Trouble is/was, Spencer either can't, or did'nt want to see further than the end of his nose..
We may have picked up some one nil nail biting points up when Keates took over first time, but the football was dreadfull..I was quite relieved when he went to Walsall.

Obviously..Spencer saw somethng different.[/QUOTE]

While it's possible to blame one man, it's not really fair on Spencer in this instance.
The football board appointed DK and that was ratified by the trust board.

-luke 13th January 2021 16.49:20

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2426217]While it's possible to blame one man, it's not really fair on Spencer in this instance.
The football board appointed DK and that was ratified by the trust board.[/QUOTE]

How involved was Spencer in the arguments to choose to ignore the warning from Horne about Mills' appointment that led to the departure of him and Don? Very is my understanding... The fact that Horne had the industry insight that indicated Mills was problematic and suggested he wasn't the right fit for us leads me to believe that had those two remained, future managerial appointments would have been more justifiable than they ended up being.

Anyway, water under the bridge I guess at this point.

standman 13th January 2021 18.25:35

[QUOTE=-luke;2426234]How involved was Spencer in the arguments to choose to ignore the warning from Horne about Mills' appointment that led to the departure of him and Don? Very is my understanding... The fact that Horne had the industry insight that indicated Mills was problematic and suggested he wasn't the right fit for us leads me to believe that had those two remained, future managerial appointments would have been more justifiable than they ended up being.

Anyway, water under the bridge I guess at this point.[/QUOTE]

Any professionalism went with them, sad really. Only AEC (Phil) comes across as having an understanding of a business, the rest just lap dogs unable to challenge any decisions.

Rob Edwards 13th January 2021 18.37:25

The reappointment of Keates illustrated perfectly Spencer's lack of football knowledge,arrogance and pure ignorance towards the fans.He knew better than the majority of Wrexham FC fans,but actually a fans owned club.

Haruki 13th January 2021 20.22:30

[QUOTE=-luke;2426234]How involved was Spencer in the arguments to choose to ignore the warning from Horne about Mills' appointment that led to the departure of him and Don? Very is my understanding... The fact that Horne had the industry insight that indicated Mills was problematic and suggested he wasn't the right fit for us leads me to believe that had those two remained, future managerial appointments would have been more justifiable than they ended up being.

Anyway, water under the bridge I guess at this point.[/QUOTE]

After Horne and Birdham left the club you could argue the board only for one appointment correct. Ricketts. But due to his short tenure we don’t really know it was a correct appointment either it could have just been a honeymoon period. The stats speak for themselves on the success of our managerial appointments.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.33:59.