RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dan Sear (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118216-dan-sear.html)

3pmsaturday 8th September 2021 11.46:46

Re: Dan Sear

[QUOTE=oldtimer;2511540]Maybe the people at the top are being professional but those down the line have been used to amateur ways? :hiding:[/QUOTE]

Think the professionals have been trying to get those amateurs back to sort it out. Thats not point scoring, the club will get it sorted but I think dissing the fans that (granted lower numbers) managed the club proficiently in these areas and great servants like Dan is a low blow.

As I say I am sure they will get these things fixed but its horrifically mismanaged thus far off the pitch..

Rhosymedre Red 8th September 2021 11.50:03

His last words.

The last 8 years have been an absolute privilege working at the club I’ve supported all my life, now however it’s time to move on and look for a new challenge.

I’ll be there as a fan, I’ll be there if help is needed and I wish the club every success going forward.

GarryOggy 8th September 2021 12.03:28

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2511710]Who, in your opinion, is doing the burying? And why?

The club is still undergoing an administrative review and change as we transition from the WST model to that demanded by R&R and their executive and management team. Change is never easy, especially when it has to be introduced whilst still having to learn about the business and manage it effectively.

The demand for tickets and produce is enormous, and has clearly challenged the club to deliver timely and effectively. Clearly, many of the reasons for the cock-ups are beyond the club’s control, but we fans will inevitably look at how our club is being managed. Those who say it is no longer our concern miss the point. This is not Waitrose or B&Q we are supporting with our time and money; it’s Wrexham AFC. There is no alternative for the regular supporters, but there are Premier League alternatives for those we are trying to pry away from BT Sport, Sky or Old Trafford.

The club needs someone dedicated to creating and maintaining a data-base of fans, and ensuring it is compatible with the ‘ticketmaster’ software. The fact that other clubs have had similar issues suggests the problem is mostly with their software. Certainly the UI is poorly designed and frustrating, whenever folk can actually access it. Why was ticketmaster chosen ahead of other systems? Who was responsible for asking the technical questions? And who signed up to it? We may be over the ST hump, but the match-day purchase of remaining tickets needs resolving ASAP.

Dan Sear may have been responsible for some aspects of the ticketing fiasco, but I cannot believe he is the one accountable for it. Again, it’s a concern we are losing someone most fans trust when the club is clearly operating at ‘maxi-chat’ and with too few staff.

Finally, the recent update from the club is welcome, suggesting someone is finally communicating effectively with the fan-base. That is a welcome, positive and necessary act! Saturday will see a very large crowd at the Racecourse. Let’s hope the staff numbers have been increased behind the various bars because folk will demand good service ahead of a good, winning performance on the pitch. Success cannot be guaranteed, but poor service cannot be tolerated![/QUOTE]

I am not suggesting buried deliberately. They are obviously overwhelmed and haven't anticipated the interest in merchandise, tickets etc

pricey 8th September 2021 12.09:01

[quote=therealwelshwayne;2511765]

from since i first communicated with the club shop over 30 years, it has always been poor at communicating as well as telling the odd porky that a five year old could see through.

Nobody addressed that and so that became the norm as expected business practice, thus it became years out of date. This was actually exacerbated under the wst reign.
[/quote]

we faux again?

billy 8th September 2021 12.50:58

[QUOTE=Wrexhamforever95;2511757]You’d forget FR is actually with the club, she’s that quiet & the commercial side isn’t improving? Strange to say the least[/QUOTE]

Would agree with you, Fleur in my opinion should be thinking of issuing a few pics of the work done in the concourse area , ticket update. Is the work complete?. Might convince fans to buy a ticket for the wrexrent stand knowing the facilities have been updated making the area a more enjoyable experience

jonesfach 8th September 2021 13.25:15

[QUOTE=billy;2511800]Would agree with you, Fleur in my opinion should be thinking of issuing a few pics of the work done in the concourse area , ticket update. Is the work complete?. Might convince fans to buy a ticket for the wrexrent stand knowing the facilities have been updated making the area a more enjoyable experience[/QUOTE]

Yes I’ve thought the same

Prodigal Dragon 8th September 2021 13.31:37

[QUOTE=Iesty;2511786]or lets its voicemail become full so you cant leave messages[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2511796]I am not suggesting buried deliberately. They are obviously overwhelmed and haven't anticipated the interest in merchandise, tickets etc[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response. Too much unanticipated work, too few people, and processes that need reviewing. There is a vast difference between leadership and management, and that requires HK to look at how things are going and what improvements can be implemented quickly. Rome wasn’t built in a day, so few expect miracles overnight.

WrexhamO 8th September 2021 14.14:03

Just checked the vacancies section on the club website and there are only match day roles available.

I'd have thought expanding the commercial staff, in order to cope with the increased demand, would have been a priority.

Dougie Davies 8th September 2021 14.19:32

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2511816]Just checked the vacancies section on the club website and there are only match day roles available.

I'd have thought expanding the commercial staff, in order to cope with the increased demand, would have been a priority.[/QUOTE]

Madness that no extra staff have been employed in the shop especially with the huge demand for tickets and merch

wonderboy 8th September 2021 14.20:23

Shaun Harvey… Anyone seen Matty there recently? As I haven’t.

dlrwrexham 8th September 2021 14.40:32

Always the same, ain't it!.The people you'd love to see stay indefinitely,are ushered out, and the ones who's taxi fair you'd gladly pay to see ferried out of the club, keep floating around like a turd that won't flush!.

Good luck Dan, whatever you move on to.:hurray:

Mustapha Win 8th September 2021 16.03:54

Don't post often but I find this news very disappointing indeed. Having visited th Club shop on several occasions in the past and each time I found Dan to be an excellent example of how to treat customers with respect and consideration. His conscientious approach was outstanding and it was obvious that he loved the job and you could tell that his one desire was to provide a service to be proud of.

This is a loss that I feel will be to the detriment of the Club and and based on past experience of his loyalty and demeanour I find it difficult to understand the reason for his departure.

Redordead 8th September 2021 16.20:28

Imagine if he just found a better payed job!

Hightown Brymbo Red 8th September 2021 16.23:17

Unfortunately many fans have had problems with the ticketing system. Some fans have even described it as a shambles.
Fans have wanted people to be accountable.
Head of Ticketing is Dan Sear

fezbob 8th September 2021 16.29:37

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2511859]Unfortunately many fans have had problems with the ticketing system. Some fans have even described it as a shambles.
Fans have wanted people to be accountable.
Head of Ticketing is Dan Sear[/QUOTE]

Haven’t see anyone calling for Dan’s head whatsoever.

How long has he had this title anyway? New one on me.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hightown Brymbo Red 8th September 2021 16.30:47

[QUOTE=fezbob;2511860]Haven’t see anyone calling for Dan’s head whatsoever.

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Check the official Wrexham programme

WrexhamO 8th September 2021 16.44:39

[QUOTE=fezbob;2511860]Haven’t see anyone calling for Dan’s head whatsoever.

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Himself and Matt were given titles fairly recently I think, Matt becoming "Head of Retail" - not sure what it meant in reality, as they seemed to be the only employees in their respective department!

fezbob 8th September 2021 16.56:47

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2511864]Himself and Matt were given titles fairly recently I think, Matt becoming "Head of Retail" - not sure what it meant in reality, as they seemed to be the only employees in their respective department![/QUOTE]

Thought it must have been recent. Fail to see how he’s responsible for the current ticketing problems.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

blackbrookred 8th September 2021 16.57:31

[QUOTE=Redordead;2511858]Imagine if he just found a better payed job![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that's not the case.

The Only Way Is Up 8th September 2021 18.07:06

From all the comments here and elsewhere, it is obvious that Dan has been a pillar in helping fans with some problems, and the best oof luck to him in his future choice of career.

Dan was obviously under a great deal of pressure of late, and the very positive comments highlight that he seemed to do everything alone, despite other colleagues being on site.

Under those circumstances, even if he was the only one to know the ins and outs of the job, there was a need to delegate to others. Maybe he was too busy to do the delegating - or there was no-one for him to delegate those tasks.

The changes in advertising and sponsorship might be a reflection on the Commercial Manager, but really? Why has it shot up this year and not before? It can't be Fleur's presence, because she's CEO not Commercial Director (as she was at Burton.) The simple answer is the opportunity brought about by two Hollywood stars, and the potential for advertisers and sponsors to be exposed to a much larger market than before, purely because of that.

Other sponsorship offer have been ignored. There is money waiting to be spent, but there has been no response for that to go ahead, and it was Fleur dealing with at least one of those offers. Why was she handling it and not Geoff Scott, and why hasn't he picked up the ball on that? Maybe he doesn't know about it. If that's the case, then Fleur perhaps isn't interested either, as she doesn't seem to be occupied by other public roles.

As far as Dan's now empty place is concerned, if most - maybe all - the ST selling has been accomplished, the Club feels he's no longer needed, and that volunteers can fulfil his role? Maybe those who accepted his resignation (let's call it that) were unaware of the lack of support he received from his bosses.

The next 4 weeks will be interesting.

Club Tropicana 8th September 2021 18.17:44

Always flog a willing horse!

milly 8th September 2021 18.52:09

Thank's Dan you have always served me well the club as made a big mistake,good luck for the future,

TWREX 8th September 2021 19.56:42

Brought this up before, about Dan and Matty came on half time in our last home game and helped the grounds staff out with pitch maintenance. That’s the sort of lads they are Wrexham through and through. Good luck for your future wherever it may be but mark my words you will be missed by one and all. Very sad.

wafc1926 8th September 2021 22.09:13

Has the Club made any announcement re Dan and/or Matty?

JonoWafc 8th September 2021 22.16:59

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2511960]Has the Club made any announcement re Dan and/or Matty?[/QUOTE]

No

flynhater 8th September 2021 23.19:50

I Sincerely hope Rob&Ryan have someone monitoring Red Passion because Losing Dan is a Monumental F##k up. He has taken all the flack with the ticketing fiasco and has handled everything thrown at him with calm friendly professionalism, which is more than can be said of GS who when you try to ask him a question just turns and scuttles from the room. As for Fleur Robinson she is harder to find than the Scarlet Pimpernel, unless there is a photo opportunity of course. The Club has lost a Lad who worked his socks off for scant reward. Someone needs to let Rob&Ryan know that this Lad needs to be Persuaded to reconsider leaving. Not at all Happy with this :31::31::31::31::31::31::31:

pawn star 8th September 2021 23.33:58

[QUOTE=flynhater;2511968]I Sincerely hope Rob&Ryan have someone monitoring Red Passion because Losing Dan is a Monumental F##k up. He has taken all the flack with the ticketing fiasco and has handled everything thrown at him with calm friendly professionalism, which is more than can be said of GS who when you try to ask him a question just turns and scuttles from the room. As for Fleur Robinson she is harder to find than the Scarlet Pimpernel, unless there is a photo opportunity of course. The Club has lost a Lad who worked his socks off for scant reward. Someone needs to let Rob&Ryan know that this Lad needs to be Persuaded to reconsider leaving. Not at all Happy with this :31::31::31::31::31::31::31:[/QUOTE]

I totally agree both Dan and Marty have been the forefront of our club, they have both resolved many difficulties and their professionalism has been second to none. They have both been excellent ambassadors for our club. They have both been welcoming and I view them as the friendly faces who go above and beyond their duties, this is definitely an own Goal by the club. The amount of credits given to Dan on this message board is proof of this.

horizon 9th September 2021 04.47:36

Unfortunately there is know sentiment in business.

weper red 9th September 2021 08.18:56

[QUOTE=pawn star;2511970]I totally agree both Dan and Marty have been the forefront of our club, they have both resolved many difficulties and their professionalism has been second to none. They have both been excellent ambassadors for our club. They have both been welcoming and I view them as the friendly faces who go above and beyond their duties, this is definitely an own Goal by the club. The amount of credits given to Dan on this message board is proof of this.[/QUOTE]

Well said agree the amount of posts on here says it all
Top man Dan wishing him him the best

Mustapha Win 9th September 2021 08.32:45

Does anyone know if Dan is the only one of the shop staff to leave the Club recently as I have heard little of Matt for a while? At least if Matt remains that is some concellation.

wafc1926 9th September 2021 08.35:04

[QUOTE=pawn star;2511970]I totally agree both Dan and Marty have been the forefront of our club, they have both resolved many difficulties and their professionalism has been second to none. They have both been excellent ambassadors for our club. They have both been welcoming and I view them as the friendly faces who go above and beyond their duties, this is definitely an own Goal by the club. The amount of credits given to Dan on this message board is proof of this.[/QUOTE]

Well said.Treating employees in a respectful and appreciative manner is essential in a well-run business. So is understanding your customers (fanbase ) and maintaining open and honest communications. The signs are that the powers that be do not ,sadly, grasp these basic principles. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

NewportRoadEnd 9th September 2021 08.49:30

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2511960]Has the Club made any announcement re Dan and/or Matty?[/QUOTE]

Did your local Spar let you know when their staff left? I mean get real. This is a business now.

Foxy 9th September 2021 09.01:22

[QUOTE=NewportRoadEnd;2512011]Did your local Spar let you know when their staff left? I mean get real. This is a business now.[/QUOTE]

Dan Sear was something of a “public face” who had been there a long time and put the hours in. I think a tweet or something to show recognition for a loyal and respected employee is common courtesy and good PR.

dagg 9th September 2021 09.17:32

Has he left to start another job or was he told he was not wanted anymore.

Flumpadinks a RED 9th September 2021 09.19:56

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2511477]Not being funny but early signs about her performamce are pretty shit, if Im honest.[/QUOTE]
Can we list any shortcomings here for all to see?

Few have mentioned ticketing and communication. What else?

NewportRoadEnd 9th September 2021 09.30:50

[QUOTE=Foxy;2512017]Dan Sear was something of a “public face” who had been there a long time and put the hours in. I think a tweet or something to show recognition for a loyal and respected employee is common courtesy and good PR.[/QUOTE]

He's a guy who works/worked in the club shop.

WrexhamO 9th September 2021 09.30:51

I see a petition has been started to reinstate Dan and Matt.

No word on Matt leaving yet though?

Birdy 9th September 2021 09.35:04

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2512038]I see a petition has been started to reinstate Dan and Matt.

No word on Matt leaving yet though?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Us fans don't make the business decisions anymore (thank god). Dan has made his choice it's nothing to do with us, just worry about the football.

Drury-red 9th September 2021 09.46:02

Dan did a great job in difficult circumstances and I'm sure he'll be an asset somewhere else. Like others have said, it sounds like he was put in a very difficult situation due to some flawed processes/decision making.

However, expecting the club to make a statement on the situation is a bit ridiculous and would look incredibly amateurish - reminiscent of the WST McDougall communications earlier this year

Quay Red 9th September 2021 09.46:28

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2512005]Well said.Treating employees in a respectful and appreciative manner is essential in a well-run business. So is understanding your customers (fanbase ) and maintaining open and honest communications. The signs are that the powers that be do not ,sadly, grasp these basic principles. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.[/QUOTE]

Dan Sear was an exemplary employee. I wish him well in his next job. and feel sorry for him over the hand he was recently dealt. It must have been a nightmare.
I'm beginning to think that the concerted effort to achieve success, on the field, is at the expense of the ordinary fan and the most loyal supporters. I expected change but hoped it would be done in a considered way.
A ticketing system that worked ( 8,500 fans previously catered for) has been ditched for a labour intensive system whereby tickets have to be posted out.
Print at home or on the phone tickets have got to be the way forward. It seems ridiculous in this day and age that the technology available is ignored.
We have on going ground improvements for fans inside the ground but still need turnstile operators to scan tickets. Most forward thinking clubs have digital readers at the gates.
Limited access to the Cent for those that can pay for it (Max 120) No access to the 1864 suite. Poor access to concourse bars and no improvement in catering whilst expecting supporters to turn up early to avoid queuing.
The Turf and Maesgwyn have got it right and are looking after the fans and their business. The club needs to have a review of it's policies. Football is nothing without fans. Those that support a winning team can be fickle, Those that support the club are there for life. Don't lose their trust.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.25:05.