RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dagenham reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118317-dagenham-reaction.html)

willyheckerslike 18th September 2021 17.42:48

Re: Dagenham reaction

Don't forget we were playing a good outfit today who will be in the mix come next May. We controlled the game 1st half and should have gone in at HT at least 2 nil up. Second half they improved drastically and bossed the last 20 for sure. But hey we defended well and Lainton was inspired....but that's what we expect from top players. More worrying for me was the lack of midfield strength on our bench....bringing Jones on gave them more space in the middle not less as he can't cover the ground and doesn't press with any intensity, it just encouraged them to attack us at every opportunity. Shame we couldn't have acquired Callum Guy or similar...January transfers will be crucial.

MJ6987 18th September 2021 17.43:11

Fleur tweeted minutes after the final whistle…

[url]https://twitter.com/fleurrobo/status/1439257761028714500?s=21[/url]

totesey2 18th September 2021 17.44:31

I thought it would be a tough game and it was, If we had scored again in the first half I think it would have been much easier for us, But at least we held on and can't moan about three points. It goes to show there are no easy games in this league.

redknight 18th September 2021 17.52:40

Best I have seen us play in a long long time 1st half!
We should have killed them off.
2nd best in the 2nd half and ride our luck so it was a hard fought 3 points!

Pieman 18th September 2021 18.05:47

[QUOTE=redknight;2516855]Best I have seen us play in a long long time 1st half!
We should have killed them off.
2nd best in the 2nd half and ride our luck so it was a hard fought 3 points![/QUOTE]

This

T-Wrex 18th September 2021 18.07:15

Great goal, dig in deep in the last 15. Our players were blowing out their arses for the last 15 but a great game. Strange how we can win most headers our box and and play like Dracula in theirs!

We've played worse and won. Big shout to Young who seemed to play a lot better this week. Subs made the game worse and worrying how often we're losing players.

The ref was a massive upgrade on last week too. Although the liino in the MRS was guessing most of the game.

Mullin, what a goal! Great to have a finisher isn't it!

jarko 18th September 2021 18.08:34

Brilliant first half made them look less than ordinary, Lennon is improving each game very steady left side of defence.

wonder goal from mullin cant wait to see that again.

just cant understand how we let them come back into the game so strong they could have had two or three ?
they were getting the ball to their capable winger far too easy , French done well but was too exposed should have had cover in front of him.

But im happy with the three points much improved.

Foxy 18th September 2021 18.09:12

[QUOTE=T-Wrex;2516858]Great goal, dig in deep in the last 15. Our players were blowing out their arses for the last 15 but a great game. Strange how we can win most headers our box and and play like Dracula in theirs!

We've played worse and won. Big shout to Young who seemed to play a lot better this week. Subs made the game worse and worrying how often we're losing players.

The ref was a massive upgrade on last week too. Although the liino in the MRS was guessing most of the game.

Mullin, what a goal! Great to have a finisher isn't it![/QUOTE]

Yes, the ref was the best we have had for a king while. Won’t be at this level for long .

Young the puck of the midfield too.

And yes, David Jones (aargh ) and Cleworth made things worse.

wonderboy 18th September 2021 18.10:40

[QUOTE=T-Wrex;2516858]Great goal, dig in deep in the last 15. Our players were blowing out their arses for the last 15 but a great game. Strange how we can win most headers our box and and play like Dracula in theirs!

Mullin, what a goal! Great to have a finisher isn't it![/QUOTE]

Our first half performance was the best we played in ages. 2nd they have to come at us and they found success on the wings. We had our own chances in the 2nd half but didn’t take them.

For the slack Lennon got, when we signed him. He’s quality

Sean Reckless 18th September 2021 18.31:53

Like Lennon, thought he was great.
Young in particular put in a massive shift.
You pay extra for the class of Mullin but his work rate was also top class.
Hayden solid today.
Thought Reckord man marked #14 2nd half which left a massive gap between him & Lennon, made it easier for them.
Rode our luck, on another lose by 2 or 3 but first half was outstanding

T-Wrex 18th September 2021 18.36:10

[QUOTE=Foxy;2516860]Yes, the ref was the best we have had for a king while. Won’t be at this level for long .

Young the puck of the midfield too.

And yes, David Jones (aargh ) and Cleworth made things worse.[/QUOTE]

Ha DJ's foul had shades of last week. Cleworth made a great tackle but lacked a bit of sensibility to give the ball away needlessly and invite the pressure back on us.

@Wonderboy totally agree but we should have killed that game off. Totally delighted to beat D&R though :D Lennon is superb and has some great pace. Hope it was just cramp in the end.

It seems weird to say it gents but I'm hoping Kwame is the missing piece for our set pieces. Nothing against Ponticelli as there was plenty of effort and some nice touches but totally bereft of confidence.

2 interesting points for me to review is did McCallum shoulder Lennon on purpose and did we escape another penalty appeal?

MichaelP 18th September 2021 18.39:55

Another 1-0 home win and another 3 points on the board. First half we played really well and Mullin what a goal.

Dagenham 2nd half of game v Kings Lynn [ BT game ] last week and 2nd half of this weeks game versus us played really well. Difference last week they were playing weakened team and converted their chances.

Over the 2 home games I have seen today and Notts County I feel the defence is shaky. And worse than when we had Kelleher and Vassell at the back. Midfield Young looks a different player in the changes in the team this season. He was one of our best players the last 2 seasons but with the changes in the summer he is unfortunately not the same player.

David Jones looked awful today when he came on- looked off the pace.

The idiot/s who set the flare off again no where near when we scored this time in the second half.

I’m sorry we have some real numpty fans at our club. All I can say is if this was wst ownership I would be worrying about fines but if this keeps happening at games the national league / fa could come down on us especially as in excuse to keep us in the league with our increase in attendances and global audience.

My season ticket didn’t scan. First game attended since having it. So the farce continues on that level I’m afraid.

Still - All that matters is a win today.

Whilst Stockport is not having a good start. I expect they will be wanting to put in a good performance and result next week. Wonder if the club will decide on a hotel stay next week?

marinman 18th September 2021 18.41:16

Great win and the crowd really were the twelfth man today. Fantastic atmosphere.

noisy1 18th September 2021 18.51:01

What an entertaining match that was.
Really enjoyed watching the first half but when are we going to drive our advantage home? We need to score more whilst we are on top.
Second half we did OK, though we definitely rode our luck for the last 20 minutes, at least three occasions where I thought "How did they not score that?"
The whole team stood up today and got the result they deserved.

A good win against good opposition.

Readred 18th September 2021 18.51:29

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2516869]Another 1-0 home win and another 3 points on the board. First half we played really well and Mullin what a goal.

Dagenham 2nd half of game v Kings Lynn [ BT game ] last week and 2nd half of this weeks game versus us played really well. Difference last week they were playing weakened team and converted their chances.

Over the 2 home games I have seen today and Notts County I feel the defence is shaky. And worse than when we had Kelleher and Vassell at the back. Midfield Young looks a different player in the changes in the team this season. He was one of our best players the last 2 seasons but with the changes in the summer he is unfortunately not the same player.

The idiot/s who set the flare off again no where near when we scored this time in the second half.

I’m sorry we have some real numpty fans at our club. All I can say is if this was wst ownership I would be worrying about fines but if this keeps happening at games the national league / fa could come down on us especially as in excuse to keep us in the league with our increase in attendances and global audience.

My season ticket didn’t scan. First game attended since having it. So the farce continues on that level I’m afraid.

Whilst Stockport is not having a good start. I expect they will be wanting to put in a good performance and result next week. Wonder if the club will decide on a hotel stay next week?[/QUOTE]

Can’t speak to the flares. But the lads in the corner of the tech end today were absolutely quality.

shinner 18th September 2021 18.51:47

Definitely more positives than negatives today . McAlinden deserved to start and was far more of an outlet than Redmond on Tuesday and Pontcelli worked hard also . Lennon would be some player , but injuries are a worry . First half was excellent lots of quick movement and balls to feet in midfield mixing up with direct over the top long balls . Mullin is Mullin fabulous again .

The negatives unfortunately we were under the cosh and could so easily could have come unstuck second half . Could not keep the ball and were penned back constantly for the last twenty minutes and a wonderful save and block to keep us ahead .

OneLoveWrexham 18th September 2021 18.52:26

[QUOTE=MichaelP;2516869]Another 1-0 home win and another 3 points on the board. First half we played really well and Mullin what a goal.

Whilst Stockport is not having a good start. I expect they will be wanting to put in a good performance and result next week. Wonder if the club will decide on a hotel stay next week?[/QUOTE]
Did you buy a hat whilst you were sorting your season ticket out?

MichaelP 18th September 2021 18.53:54

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2516880]Did you buy a hat whilst you were sorting your season ticket out?[/QUOTE]

No

Gas Powered Rattle 18th September 2021 19.04:46

For all our dominance in the first half we barely carved out any goal scoring opportunities.

Corners and long throws were easy for Dagenham to deal with. Couldn't see where a second goal was coming from and that really concerns me.

joe 18th September 2021 19.04:59

Fck me we had to dig deep for that. Lainton what a keeper.

Who made that tackle right at the end? Because that was class.

Readred 18th September 2021 19.10:12

[QUOTE=joe;2516891]Fck me we had to dig deep for that. Lainton what a keeper.

Who made that tackle right at the end? Because that was class.[/QUOTE]

Cleworth, not getting the plaudits he deserves for that. Lainton knew that had saved a certain goal

Mozzarella 18th September 2021 19.23:40

A good day at the office today. We made the league leaders look very ordinary in the first half, but getting a second goal during our dominant first half would have made it more comfortable.
As it was, D & R showed their own threat for the last 20 minutes and we were fortunate not to concede.
Overall though, I think that we have found our best midfield 3. I'm a fan of Jordan Davies, but in this league, I think Macca offers slightly more of an all round game.

Back of the Kop 18th September 2021 19.25:28

A superb first half performance, especially first 30.

D&R couldn't have complained if they were 3-0 down at HT.

They were always going to have a reaction second half. Let's be honest we got lucky. Their finishing was woeful alongside some great last ditch defending but we look very poor when we're under the pump.

No composure from hardly anyone. Slicing it, hoofing it anywhere. Inviting pressure. Dior did well earning a couple of crucial free kicks that ate up time but we miss a big guy up top who would also help out Mullin

Ponticelli huffed and puffed again today but he's just getting nowhere fast.

We need to at least 3-4 players in January

Back of the Kop 18th September 2021 19.27:47

[QUOTE=Readred;2516894]Cleworth, not getting the plaudits he deserves for that. Lainton knew that had saved a certain goal[/QUOTE]

If that was Cleworth he deserves a massive pat on the back from PP because that tackle was as crucial as PM's brilliant goal

wonderboy 18th September 2021 19.37:14

Smoke bombs create an atmosphere. When it got set off it it put the fans into 6th gear. Only problem was whoever thrown it, nearly ko’ed a worker into the middle of next week

-luke 18th September 2021 19.45:56

[QUOTE=wonderboy;2516905]Smoke bombs create an atmosphere. When it got set off it it put the fans into 6th gear. Only problem was whoever thrown it, nearly ko’ed a worker into the middle of next week[/QUOTE]

Think they look shit personally.

Soren 18th September 2021 19.46:04

All the Lainton critics are very quiet!! Before the Season Started he was getting loads of grief
He was outstanding today

WREX01 18th September 2021 19.47:09

[QUOTE=Soren;2516909]All the Lainton critics are very quiet!! Before the Season Started he was getting loads of grief
He was outstanding today[/QUOTE]

Was he ? When fit he’s one of the best in the league for sure.

Wyn 18th September 2021 19.52:00

[QUOTE=Mozzarella;2516898]A good day at the office today. We made the league leaders look very ordinary in the first half, but getting a second goal during our dominant first half would have made it more comfortable.
As it was, D & R showed their own threat for the last 20 minutes and we were fortunate not to concede.
Overall though, I think that we have found our best midfield 3. I'm a fan of Jordan Davies, but in this league, I think Macca offers slightly more of an all round game.[/QUOTE]

Think it will be difficult for PP to drop McAlinden back to the bench after that performance. We seem to run out of steam after an hour or so, so maybe having Davies or Young 0n the bench to replace him might be the way forward.

Also a fit again Kwarme could really add to our bench options given the number of crosses/corners/throw ins we are launching into the opposition box.

Great to have all these options available to the squad.

pricey 18th September 2021 19.55:55

[QUOTE=Wyn;2516911]Think it will be difficult for PP to drop McAlinden back to the bench after that performance. We seem to run out of steam after an hour or so, so maybe having Davies or Young 0n the bench to replace him might be the way forward.

Also a fit again Kwarme could really add to our bench options given the number of crosses/corners/throw ins we are launching into the opposition box.

Great to have all these options available to the squad.[/QUOTE]

Agree regarding Kwame, could be a very useful option from the bench or starting. Hope he's back soon.

Iggy Pop 18th September 2021 20.01:41

[QUOTE=WREX01;2516910]Was he ? When fit he’s one of the best in the league for sure.[/QUOTE]

This ^
The only stick he got in pre season was for his glass back. Nobody doubted his ability as a goalkeeper.

Wxmspiller 18th September 2021 20.16:19

What a game I’d love to hear from a neutral supporter who went after that the game had everything last ditch defending , top class goalkeeping , stunning goal of highest quality , 8000 fans who roared on the team with passion , players that gave everything and a first half of fine proper football that we have been pining for for years . Let’s not forget how hard our start to the season has been and how free scoring d and g have been so far by the time we play Chesterfield we would have played pretty much every team that’s expected to finish in top 8 or so , this team is gelling we have good players to come back from injury I probably expect 1 top midfielder to come on board in jan things are looking great

wonderboy 18th September 2021 20.16:52

Keep Lennon and Lainton fit. We will do well

Club Tropicana 18th September 2021 20.20:44

[QUOTE=Wxmspiller;2516918]What a game I’d love to hear from a neutral supporter who went after that the game had everything last ditch defending , top class goalkeeping , stunning goal of highest quality , 8000 fans who roared on the team with passion , players that gave everything and a first half of fine proper football that we have been pining for for years . Let’s not forget how hard our start to the season has been and how free scoring d and g have been so far by the time we play Chesterfield we would have played pretty much every team that’s expected to finish in top 8 or so , this team is gelling we have good players to come back from injury I probably expect 1 top midfielder to come on board in jan things are looking great[/QUOTE]

Agree. Onwards and upwards.

OneLoveWrexham 18th September 2021 20.22:27

[QUOTE=Wxmspiller;2516918]What a game I’d love to hear from a neutral supporter who went after that the game had everything last ditch defending , top class goalkeeping , stunning goal of highest quality , 8000 fans who roared on the team with passion , players that gave everything and a first half of fine proper football that we have been pining for for years . Let’s not forget how hard our start to the season has been and how free scoring d and g have been so far by the time we play Chesterfield we would have played pretty much every team that’s expected to finish in top 8 or so , this team is gelling we have good players to come back from injury I probably expect 1 top midfielder to come on board in jan things are looking great[/QUOTE]
I expect 2 top midfielders aswell as equally as important another quality striker to work with Mullin and Hyde.

Iggy Pop 18th September 2021 20.32:15

PP interview...

[YOUTUBE]tcDrOopWz7Q[/YOUTUBE]

WV1 18th September 2021 20.37:10

[QUOTE=Leighton Red;2516931]Is it me or does Fleur’s tweet feel far too late for a PR expert…like after the lord
Major’s show??[/QUOTE]

What tweet?

Leighton Red 18th September 2021 20.43:13

[QUOTE=WV1;2516932]What tweet?[/QUOTE]

Tweets reported out of sync on RP website, apologies to Fleur and club! The silence was beautifully observed in the ground today IMO. An important moment for all reds…always.

Again apologies for any hurt caused in error.

sionwxm 18th September 2021 20.45:29

I thought that was an outstanding football match today. Thoroughly enjoyed it, best atmosphere at the Cae Râs for a long time. Was thrilled to hear the final whistle

dixienormous 18th September 2021 20.46:46

[QUOTE=Iggy Pop;2516930]PP interview...

[YOUTUBE]tcDrOopWz7Q[/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE]

Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Team isn't quite where he wants it and how he imagined it to be. Clearly wants that midfielder and thinks we'll get better.
He really is very good in most of his interviews.

This team will get better. Delighted tonight.

Wow, what a difference having a striker or two does eh?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.24:09.