RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Phil Parkinson (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/118618-phil-parkinson.html)

JonesRed 6th November 2021 16.00:09

Phil Parkinson

Phil Parkinson.

Does he stay or does he depart?

Your thoughts...

WV1 6th November 2021 16.00:54

Re: Phil Parkinson

Not sure we need a new thread after every game, but go…

We haven’t improved at all under him

Liverpool Red 6th November 2021 16.02:28

I’ve got no confidence in the tactics we are using and for me decisive action is needed, so a new manager has time to identify players to sign in the transfer window.

Rob, Ryan, go and get Luke Garrard.

wil 6th November 2021 16.02:30

Really don't want to slate anyone as its early November but wow, how frustrating is this after the fanfare of pre season .

ruthinred 6th November 2021 16.03:07

Pointless thread

Heain't going anywhere

ActonRed 6th November 2021 16.04:37

One pattern I see is other managers seem to be able to impact a game when required, yet Parky seems unable to make positive tactical changes. Substitutions have often backfired.

benwilliams 6th November 2021 16.04:55

Not sure why we are voting on questions rather than statements but ive voted stay, for now....
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Nibs 6th November 2021 16.05:10

Nah let’s keep him and spend another season in this shit top league….the guy is so uninspired….he should go now.

Prodigal Dragon 6th November 2021 16.05:17

Needs to up his game, but cannot see him going anywhere.

He can now concentrate on the league and put out a second-XI in the FA Trophy.

Judge him on our league performances.

Pieman 6th November 2021 16.05:34

Million dollar question. For me give him the January transfer window at least to get the 3 or 4 in we need then aim for play offs

willyheckerslike 6th November 2021 16.05:39

Even at this early stage of his reign it's a clear no from me...he is a busted flush and I can't see him having what it takes to turn us into promotion contenders. Sadly I can't see our owners taking the decision to change things until at least early 2022 if at all this season. Wrong appointment in the first place imho....I have always wanted a John Colman type.

Wxm boy 6th November 2021 16.06:59

He's a has-been and we are wasting our season.

The football is dire to watch as well. We're aren't even entertaining and not winning.

Get rid.

Liverpool Red 6th November 2021 16.07:06

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2533543]Not sure why we are voting on questions rather than statements but ive voted stay, for now....
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Not criticising your vote but out of interest, what is it that gives you hope things will improve?

thedischunter96 6th November 2021 16.07:10

You need to change the questions to statements.

Rob 6th November 2021 16.07:12

He is staying - and now with no cup no excuses on the league!

Kiddy Dragon 6th November 2021 16.07:36

[QUOTE=Pieman;2533547]Million dollar question. For me give him the January transfer window at least to get the 3 or 4 in we need then aim for play offs[/QUOTE]

Given our signings to date will we inprove if he gets another 3 or 4 in?

Dai83 6th November 2021 16.08:29

I really don't rate him. I would like him to go as soon as, but I know it's not going to happen.

So, all I can hope for, is he can pull something out and surprise me.

benwilliams 6th November 2021 16.09:35

[QUOTE=Liverpool Red;2533552]Not criticising your vote but out of interest, what is it that gives you hope things will improve?[/QUOTE]

Its a good question! I dont think he has the squad he wants, a lot of the retention decisions were taken before he arrived. I have faith given his past record that he will come good and I dont see what bringing in a completely new manager who wants his own squad, backroom staff and style of play will achieve. If we don't start putting some wins together I may quickly change my mind but I think its knee jerk to get rid this early although I'm far from happy. Injuries and suspensions haven't helped either

louisleftboot 6th November 2021 16.15:22

I put stay as the owners have made it clear this game wasn’t make or break for him.

marathonplny 6th November 2021 16.15:59

Another few days of Parky out crap, so original

Great - not

LlayDragon 6th November 2021 16.16:17

He doesn't fit, he never did.

Anyone who looked at how his teams played in the last 10 years would have known that.

badfoot 6th November 2021 16.17:48

no better than Keates. I didn't like him in charge ,but he did no worse with less money.

Wxm boy 6th November 2021 16.20:30

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2533563]I put stay as the owners have made it clear this game wasn’t make or break for him.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was an opinion vote, not a prediction.

I think he'll stay, although he's the wrong man for this job. We are just kicking the can down the road.

TREVPRIT 6th November 2021 16.22:04

The money we’ve spent on players and we’re no better than last season!
Unacceptable.

Our defence was far more organised last season with Pearson. We seem incapable of keeping a clean sheet!

benwilliams 6th November 2021 16.22:08

He's finished in football management if we sack him so that's a big incentive to turn it round! He has to carry the can but I think he has also been massively let down by the players as much as it being down to his direct tactics and instructions. Too many basic errors that you cant legislate for

Pieman 6th November 2021 16.22:32

[QUOTE=Kiddy Dragon;2533556]Given our signings to date will we inprove if he gets another 3 or 4 in?[/QUOTE]

Before he arrived we had already retained too many from laat season then we signed a few more before he was appointed. Not many in the team today are "his" players. What happens in January could be crucial

dagg 6th November 2021 16.23:06

Another sack the manager thread, just what we need.

Percy Sugden 6th November 2021 16.23:09

Why are the answers to the poll questions?

krux 6th November 2021 16.23:57

[QUOTE=badfoot;2533567]no better than Keates. I didn't like him in charge ,but he did no worse with less money.[/QUOTE]

Just as bad as Keates, but on twice the budget!

I voted stay as he is still hampered by other peoples team, but he should be getting more out of them, and wouldn’t bother me if he went.

sparky 6th November 2021 16.24:41

[QUOTE=badfoot;2533567]no better than Keates. I didn't like him in charge ,but he did no worse with less money.[/QUOTE]

Most would agree that Keates had to go. But I'm sure even his strongest critics would agree he'd be doing a better job than Parkinson now.

No doubt he isn't going anywhere soon, but no doubt he's under massive pressure already. Time for him and his players to step up, because we're being short changed so far.

whead 6th November 2021 16.26:25

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2533546]
Judge him on our league performances.[/QUOTE]

Well our league performances haven't been good enough.

Time to go Parky

louisleftboot 6th November 2021 16.28:20

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2533571]I thought it was an opinion vote, not a prediction.

I think he'll stay, although he's the wrong man for this job. We are just kicking the can down the road.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

And I offered my opinion numbnuts. Just so happens it goes in line with what we pretty know to be facts.

JohnnyLyons 6th November 2021 16.29:04

Give him the season. Then decide. Chopping and changing every five minutes won’t get us anywhere. In Parky I Trust. Maybe.

Redordead 6th November 2021 16.30:23

I’ll give him until the end of the month.

5 games in November will be telling for him.

marathonplny 6th November 2021 16.30:24

Let’s start a pole on do we need another Parky out thread.

I’d vote No !!!

ruthinred 6th November 2021 16.30:45

[QUOTE=JohnnyLyons;2533586]Give him the season. Then decide. Chopping and changing every five minutes won’t get us anywhere. In Parky I Trust. Maybe.[/QUOTE]

This is what will happen

And why threads like this are pointless

shinner 6th November 2021 16.36:51

People say pointless thread and he ain’t going anywhere. That may be true but is his position justified? , for me it isn’t,, the revenue spent and the performance on the pitch is substandard, the simple fact is that he is underachieving period !!

Foxy 6th November 2021 16.39:24

The % win stats on his whole managerial career show that he is not able to improve our current win rate to make a substantive difference this season. He is a certainty to fail.

Wxm boy 6th November 2021 16.41:37

[QUOTE=JohnnyLyons;2533586]Give him the season. Then decide. Chopping and changing every five minutes won’t get us anywhere. In Parky I Trust. Maybe.[/QUOTE]

He isn't seeing Christmas if we don't improve. The fans are close to turning at the games.

LMH23 6th November 2021 16.45:18

I'd be surprised if he's sacked this season barring a huge collapse. I think he'll get January, make his additions, and then it'll be make or break for him to deliver, at the very least, playoffs.

I don't have any trust in him, we've let too many results slip through our fingers this season, but I hope it turns around. I'm not expecting anything special before January though and, right now, nothing after it either.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.32:51.