RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/87536-new-old-rpers-introduce-yourselves.html)

Rob 4th July 2012 15.21:43

New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Due to the recent change in site policy there has been a surge in registrations - all with proper ISP's or provided landline numbers to ensure its 'real' people.

Some are former RP'ers who forgot details, and some are people just just like reading RP.

I would like to invite the new RP'ers, who are likely long time fans, to post up in here to say hello and perhaps to add abit of fun a mini Q&A such as...

- Favourite player?
- Fave player of all time?
- how long you have been a fan?
- Whats your best moment of being a fan?

Welcome to RP! :hurray:

RHYLRED 4th July 2012 15.46:24

Re: New RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

Probably all bleedin Mansfield fans.

TopCornerFergie 4th July 2012 16.02:36

Three rules:

1. Don't say the C-Word
2. Don't say the Lindsay word
3. Respect the WST Mafia, there's over 2,000 of us and we can trace your IP address.

EDIT: Scratch rule '2' :D

-

Kenny_Powers 4th July 2012 16.34:58

Hi all,

As per Rob's message, I fall into the long time reader category. I have never posted on here but am generally glued to the site most days. So I guess this was as good excuse as any to register and join in.

- Favourite player (current) - Ashton
- Fave player of all time - Legs/Holt/Carlos
- how long you have been a fan? - First game would have been around 1990 and it was against Stockport, there was some schools thing going on and Stockport school kids where sat with us juniors, oddly I got a punch in the face that night. Never looked back! :-) I used to watch from the kop from then (1991) on with our own Steve Roberts as he was in my year/classes etc at school. Was great to eventually watch him and Neil on the pitch. I go to most games on my own these days as all my mates are armchair Liverpool fans etc and have been a season ticket for the last couple of years.
- Whats your best moment of being a fan - I guess the LDV, bit unoriginal but what a day that was! And becoming a fans owned club! Yes I am in the Trust.

That'll do, looking forward to speaking to you all soon...

HD3 4th July 2012 17.01:45

Is this why I can no longer browse whilst at work and have to log in now?
Welcome Kenny Powers!

Dafgog 4th July 2012 17.23:07

Memories of Don Weston, Steve Ingle, Alan Bermingham, Ray Charnley, Tony Beanland,Albert Kinsey anyone???Lets compare memories

Kenny_Powers 4th July 2012 18.07:45

[QUOTE=HD3;1198793]Is this why I can no longer browse whilst at work and have to log in now?
Welcome Kenny Powers![/QUOTE]

Yeah that's right mate and cheers!

Glynner 4th July 2012 18.19:33

Hello Rob and all -

Yes, first RP post despite visiting the site regularly over the last few (very interesting!) seasons.

My first game was back in 1961/2 v Jimmy Hill's Coventry City, and we've obviously had a few ups and downs since then!

My favourite ever player was Bobby Shinton (a football genius), with honourable mentions for Eddie May, Albert Kinsey, Joey and Noddy, Benno, Carlos, Trundle (well, he could play) and King Karl of course. Worst ever was Skinner! Love all the current team to bits - Ashton, Creighton, Harris, the Gaffer, Little (another footballing genius), and I think Danny Wright is in for a big season.
So many memorable games, and European matches, but the LDV Final and FA Cup wins over Forest, West Ham, Birmingham, and the recent Brighton games stand out.

I'm a member of the Trust, but really hope we can concentrate on matters on the field this season - we've got a very experienced squad, we just need another Connolly-type forward and Peter Ward/Fergie type midfielder and we're sorted!

Best to all on RP!

TomWFC 4th July 2012 18.33:09

I'm relatively new and have only posted off and on over the last couple of months, but have been an avid reader for a good few years.

Favourite player?

At the moment Glen Little. Plays the game the way I love seeing it played. Intelligent and skillful, with fantastic awareness of space and the players around him. Appreciates the beauty and importance of possession football.

Favourite player of all time?

Incredibly hard to choose an all-time favourite. Names that stand out from the different eras I've watched have to be King Karl, Psycho, Fergie, Trundle and Carlos.

Been a fan since? First game 1994.

Best moment of being a fan?
Thankfully plenty to choose from. On the playing side highlights include LDV Final, Gay Meadow in the promotion season 2003, Bristol Rovers away promotion season 2003 (One of the most complete away performances I've ever seen and Trundle's goal that day is up there with the best individual brilliance I've seen from a Wrexham player), Carlisle away same season (Freezing December day, Hector Sam's 88th minute winner and subsequent shirtless celebration made the long journey worth it). Non-playing side has to be the day the Trust took over and the way we collected the money for the bond, inspired effort and made me very proud to be a Wrexham fan

Cheers.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Keyser Söze 4th July 2012 18.41:46

Hi all,

Like many of the new registered RP'ers I am a long time reader but have never previously posted.

Favourite player: Glen Little; the guy is a class act and one of the best players I've seen in a Wrexham shirt.

All time favourite player: Carlos Edwards.

I've been a fan since around 96/97 and a season ticket holder on and off since 02/03 (Due to work commitments). The first game I can remember attending is the West Ham FA cup tie back in '97.
My favourite ever Wrexham moment is beating Shrewsbury away at the end of the 02/03 season when Lee Jones scored a late winner which pretty much sealed our promotion and their relegation.

Looking forward to the new season and speaking to you all in the near future....

REDVEST'S DAD 4th July 2012 18.51:18

Hi Rob,
My first RP post too, and like the other new members I've been a regular reader of Red Passion for a couple of years. I started watching Wrexham in 1960.I remember the game that 'Glynner' mentioned v Coventry and I'm fairly certain that Wreham thrashed them 5 - 1 with Brian Whitehouse scoring a couple and Ken Barnes missing his first penalty for the Club. My favourite player of all time has to be Arfon Griffithe ' Prince of Wales '. Another game that stands out about that time was when we beat Blackburn Rovers after extra time in the newly formed League Cup after getting a draw at their place,and what made it extra special was that the previous year they had reached the FA Cup final. My son is a regular reader and writer to Red Passion, hence the name REDVEST'S SON '. Thankyou for letting me introduce myself and look forward to reading some of the other new members stories.
REDVEST'S DAD.

Cenotaff 4th July 2012 18.55:53

[QUOTE=Kenny_Powers;1198774]Hi all,

As per Rob's message, I fall into the long time reader category. I have never posted on here but am generally glued to the site most days. So I guess this was as good excuse as any to register and join in.

- Favourite player (current) - Ashton
- Fave player of all time - Legs/Holt/Carlos
- how long you have been a fan? - First game would have been around 1990 and it was against Stockport, there was some schools thing going on and Stockport school kids where sat with us juniors, oddly I got a punch in the face that night. Never looked back! :-) I used to watch from the kop from then (1991) on with our own Steve Roberts as he was in my year/classes etc at school. Was great to eventually watch him and Neil on the pitch. I go to most games on my own these days as all my mates are armchair Liverpool fans etc and have been a season ticket for the last couple of years.
- Whats your best moment of being a fan - I guess the LDV, bit unoriginal but what a day that was! And becoming a fans owned club! Yes I am in the Trust.

That'll do, looking forward to speaking to you all soon...[/QUOTE]

Your son, Toby, is adorable. Welcome.

jacthelad 4th July 2012 18.59:04

Welcome to all you newbies. You will be a massive cocky geek by the end of the week or very offended by everything

Kenny_Powers 4th July 2012 19.00:26

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;1198924]Your son, Toby, is adorable. Welcome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's awesome, just like me :coolgleamA:

Mr F 4th July 2012 19.47:58

Only my 2nd or 3rd post but been viewing for a few years. Been watching the team since around 1984 and used to be a regular away from home until i got married had kids and worked 7 days a week!! Don't have a favourite current player' as long as they give their all they're all favourites. King karl is my all time fav player, and best memories, ldv and arsenal aside have to be juans 5 at hartlepool, was one of those i was there moments, northampton in 93 to win promotion. Even seeing mozza hit his 7 against merthyr is up there too

Bagger Vance 4th July 2012 19.56:01

Great to see loads of new usernames

We should have an induction pack made up

Rule 1: Don't be wound up by Fog
Rule 2: Don't be wound up by Fog
Rule 3: Don't drop a C bomb
Rule 4: Don't be wound up by Fog

Bagger Vance 4th July 2012 19.57:03

[QUOTE=REDVEST'S DAD;1198914]Hi Rob,
My first RP post too, and like the other new members I've been a regular reader of Red Passion for a couple of years. I started watching Wrexham in 1960.I remember the game that 'Glynner' mentioned v Coventry and I'm fairly certain that Wreham thrashed them 5 - 1 with Brian Whitehouse scoring a couple and Ken Barnes missing his first penalty for the Club. My favourite player of all time has to be Arfon Griffithe ' Prince of Wales '. Another game that stands out about that time was when we beat Blackburn Rovers after extra time in the newly formed League Cup after getting a draw at their place,and what made it extra special was that the previous year they had reached the FA Cup final. My son is a regular reader and writer to Red Passion, hence the name REDVEST'S SON '. Thankyou for letting me introduce myself and look forward to reading some of the other new members stories.
REDVEST'S DAD.[/QUOTE]

I love this, if Redvest is naughty we can now PM his dad :)

Bagger Vance 4th July 2012 20.05:27

And if any of you play chess then please visit the Chess Club sub forum in Off Topic, we are half way though a league season but there is a friendly thread on there for people to start off with some friendlies and then maybe join the league next season.

The Chess club are the most refined section of RPers, you will be most welcome to pop along.

1975 red 4th July 2012 20.11:31

Evening all.

I again fall into the regular visitor bracket but have never previously posted.
First became a regular in 1983-84 and can recall a 3-0 win over Bury followed by a 1-2 home defeat against Blackpool a few days later (around 1400 in attendance). Fav players over the years include include Gary Bennett (always good for a penalty), King Karl and Jon "Animal" Bowdon...maybe! Too many great games to list, including the classic FA Cup run in 1992, 5-4 versus Chesterfield in the 92-93 promotion season and the end of season run-in in 2003. Don't get too many games these days but still manage a few in a season.

thames valley red 4th July 2012 20.15:13

been a fan since mickey thomas stole my heart against arsenal, been a fan ever since, best game i have been too has too be the peterborough cup game in 97 barry fry running down the touchline then we go 4-2 up and never see him again, favourite players king karl and benno

Exanglesey 4th July 2012 20.16:19

Hi All,

Been a "guest" and poster on the site before but lost my login details.

AS for favourite player it has got to be Darren Ferg. although if I had a choice of players there would be too many to mention.

I ve been a fan since the late 70's, but recently not been to many games unless they are local to the Midlands.One of the most memorable matches that I have been to was when we played Boston , and had to win to stop up in the FL.The atmosphere that day was electric.

Looking forward to the new season and pushing on from last season.

Cheers

deadeyedixie 4th July 2012 20.18:39

[QUOTE=Kenny_Powers;1198862]Yeah that's right mate and cheers![/QUOTE]

hey dog

Back of the Kop 4th July 2012 20.28:32

First ever post but been following RP for several years.Fantastic entertainment !!

Fave current player - The BEAST - The rock in our defence

Fave all time player - Psycho - A goal machine and a tremendous character to go with it

First Wrexham game - Bristol Rovers (H) 1980 from the BACK OF THE KOP.Hopefully I'll watch a game from behind that goal again one day !!

Fave Wrexham game : So many to choose from but got to go for Birmingham (a) in the 5th round 1997.To take them apart like we did on their own patch was incredible.

Let's get back where we belong. COYR !!

Best wishes to everyone on RP

ActonRed93 4th July 2012 20.46:56

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;1199017]And if any of you play chess then please visit the Chess Club sub forum in Off Topic, we are half way though a league season but there is a friendly thread on there for people to start off with some friendlies and then maybe join the league next season.

[B]The Chess club are the most refined section of RPers[/B], you will be most welcome to pop along.[/QUOTE]

That's not entirely true.

Rob 4th July 2012 20.49:55

Great to see many of the newly registered users posting - don't be afraid to reply or even start threads either :)

Keep 'em coming!

Bagger Vance 4th July 2012 20.56:41

[QUOTE=ActonRed93;1199064]That's not entirely true.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to find you someone you can beat, just pretend its true to drag them in.

Ashy's Left Boot 4th July 2012 21.02:07

Hello All,

Like a few before me have been a guest but never posted.

Favourite Player- Neil Ashton/ Jay Harris

Favourite Player of All Time- King Karl, Carlos and as a pair I loved watching Mozza and Trundle play together

First Wrexham Game- First game was in 1995 at home to Petrolul Ploiesti in the Cup Winners Cup I think. Ended 0-0 and we got beat 1-0 in the 2nd leg.

Favourite Wrexham Game- Apart from the obvious LDV Win, beating Boro in the FA Cup, Boston to stay in the Football League...Beating Oxford 5-3 in 2000/01 season when Trundle got a hat-trick...My first away game in the 2006/07 season when we beat Wednesday 4-1 at Hillsborough in the League Cup...And this season just gone Brighton away in the FA Cup, magic day and going absolutley bonkers after Cheesy's equaliser.

Up the Town!

Mark9 4th July 2012 21.02:16

Hi everyone. My name's Mark9. I used to post on here under the names Mark7 and Mark8. For the n00bs who don't remember me, I'm basically the guy that taught FOG everything he knows about trolling. Let's face it, no one's arsed who my favourite player is.

I know, you're excited.

Taff 278 4th July 2012 21.02:37

Hi ,been watching the reds since about 1975,used to live on Maesgwyn Road.too many memories to list really ,looking forward to posting all the best to rp users.

StattoWrexham 4th July 2012 21.04:22

[QUOTE=REDVEST'S DAD;1198914]Hi Rob,
REDVEST'S DAD.[/QUOTE]

Great to see you on Red Passion Wally!
Come on the town :guitarist:

Old Paddock Man 4th July 2012 21.09:30

Evening Rob and all

Have been a voyeur of RP for years and now forced to come out of the closet.

Been a fan since 1966 when my Dad took me and my twin brother (we were both 7 years old funnily enough) into the old paddock to watch the mighty reds lose 1 v 3 to Notts County on the way to finishing 92nd in the Football League (which idiot scrapped the re-election system?) and been well and truly hooked ever since. A couple of seasons later when my brother asked my Dad who the “bloke wearing black” played for we both knew that the “Wrexham gene” had somehow passed him by and that I had inherited his share as well. I also bear the name of my Dads favourite Reds centre half from the Fifties.

So many favourite players over the years….Sammy McMillan scored the first Reds goal I saw so he’s one but I tended to love the “triers” who, whilst not the most naturally gifted, always gave 100% so the likes of Eddie May, Steve Ingle, Phil Hardy, Tony Humes, Deryn Brace, Neil Ashton and (because they were Buckleyites) John Lyons and Mike Williams and, of course, Joey because… well he’s Joey.

Best moments? Well apart from the obvious ones…mine would include the Eddie May “screamer” from the half way line (tried doing the same in a schools match and, as my effort hit the corner flag, the PE teacher bawled out “who do you think you are Eddie May!”) Any Wrexham goal at Sealand Road (seem to recall plenty from Arfon) and also (because I was with Stockport fans from work) a fantastic Peter Ward free kick at Edgeley Park after they had been abusing him something awful. I also recall screaming at the radio (much to the annoyance of my then girlfriend who was at that very moment supposed to be the focus of my “attention” as it were :)) as the Reds held out for a goalless draw at Real Zaragoza (how we didn’t win the replay god only knows).

So plenty of ups and downs but despite being marooned (for now) in this dreadful league we are still here…alive and kicking!

Cenotaff 4th July 2012 21.12:33

[QUOTE=Mark9;1199082]Hi everyone. My name's Mark9. I used to post on here under the names Mark7 and Mark8. For the n00bs who don't remember me, I'm basically the guy that taught FOG everything he knows about trolling. Let's face it, no one's arsed who my favourite player is.

I know, you're excited.[/QUOTE]

:drool5:

Rusticola 4th July 2012 21.13:59

First post was a few days ago to mark the passing of Les Speed who I watched starring for Holywell Town as a kid. Been following the Reds since '61 - first match we were 4 up against Darlington after about 20 minutes - beat that for a start. So many favourite players over the years - Neil Ashton of the current crop. I'll go for Billy Ashcroft, though Arfon was the long term class act. Best game the 7 -1 win over Rotherham to clinch the long overdue promotion to the old Div 2. Let's go up as champions again this year.

Cenotaff 4th July 2012 21.16:29

I'm kinda pissed off that we have to sign in to read threads now (don't want people to know how much of a sad-act I am, plus I don't like the idea in general to be honest), but if means some good posting lurkers come out of the shadows then it may be good in that respect.

Rob 4th July 2012 21.18:22

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;1199103]I'm kinda pissed off that we have to sign in to read threads now (don't want people to know how much of a sad-act I am, plus I don't like the idea in general to be honest), but if means some good posting lurkers come out of the shadows then it may be good in that respect.[/QUOTE]

I am not keen on the idea, however this thread is the silver lining so long may such silver linings continue :hurray:

Keep the intros coming....

fezbob 4th July 2012 21.33:17

Have to say I'm enjoying this thread, welcome aboard fellow Glen lovers :)

wynnwontwo 4th July 2012 22.15:00

hi rob and all others,first ever post allthough been a guest for a few years.saw he great man utd many years ago but dont remember much about it.rember going to fa cup game bradford city,we scored firs,don weston i think,but lost 7. 1 on cold winters day.fav players,ken barnes,marriot ,carlos,joey,fox i have to many to mention.used to stand on the kop,now in gus.looking forward to our final season in the blue square,come on the robins.

The Doc 4th July 2012 22.25:42

Newport County fan in peace. Had a sneaky regard for you ever since... yeah you've guessed it, the Arsenal game. I regularly look in but never posted because it's , well, er, [I]your[/I]forum.
Promise that if I ever post again that it will not be fishing or a wind-up. If one of us gets out of this division it'll be easier to look for your results with more enthusiasm, :).
Meanwhile, I'll simply be looking through the keyhole :freak:
All the best guys, unless............

duffman 4th July 2012 22.51:43

Hi all , I am a long time lurker , followed events from afar on red passion. Only an occassional vistor to the racecourse these days , though I am mighty glad I made the effort for the brighton replay .

I was once ' the stranger on the sofa ' on soccer am and Deryn Brace is my postman . Beat that for a claim to fame double !!! :)

fugazi3973 4th July 2012 23.10:08

Hi all, 1st time poster.

First ever game was a free ticket given out in the 83-84 season when players came around to local schools to draw us in. Remember the European nights against Porto and Roma the following season too. Was hooked from then on. Arsenal is an obvious biggy, along with the cup matches at Peterborough and Birmingham, but also remember trips down to Plymouth to see us score 4 and still lose (lost 4-2, two own goals - I seem to remember Tony Hume being stamped on by fat f**k Mickey Quinn that match as well, and Craig Skinner having a blinder for Plymouth that day - which is probably why we signed him)

Favourite current players are Glen (sheer class - and was also really nice to the missus at the Sports Relief run at Ty Mawr), and Beast.

All time favourite player? Way, way too many to mention. Shall we sum it up in the medium of song??

**CLEARS THROAT**
Marriott gives the ball to Hardy
Hardy out to Peter Ward.
Peter Ward to Connolly.
Connolly down the wing, nobody can stop him.
Puts the ball in the air
To Super Stevie Watkin...

Onwards and upwards now though - here's too getting behind the lads this season.

In Morrell we must trust - he'll do the job for us.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.07:06.