View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2017, 10.02:24   #186-0 (permalink)
Welsh Kiwi
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: Time to push the local businesses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
Thank you El Poncho for your response.
I agree careful consideration of the sort of person(s) who could benefit Wrexham FC needs to be made. However, if out of this 'drive' we found 15 additional suppliers of ground advertisers or some other form of sponsorship, it would be worth it.
I am going to leave it there because it would appear that others don't share the vision and have their own agendas but as always I will do all I can to introduce potential new partners to the club
a) if they are right for the club
b) if I believe they can bring real benefit

In my mind the OP raised a very worthwhile idea but sadly the fact that it wasn't met with universal acclaim, is a source of some sadness.

COYR
I totally agree with you Ddraigoch and understand you have concluded your thoughts on this.

A community owned club can only truly be effective and have the strength of a community if it is able to maximise all its contacts and bring that warmth and good feeling into the club. Obviously that's a logistically hard thing to do, especially hard when most people are serving as volunteers.

I think this creates a difficult balance, as when people raise an opinion it can at times be perceived as being critical even when it was never intentioned to be.

And there are understandably some fans who want to do good for the club outside of the WST framework. Personally I am very happy to work alongside it as I believe in its values.

Creating a balance is something for the whole Commuity of fans to work out, as after all the future of the Club is at stake, not any individuals.