View Single Post
Old 30th July 2017, 09.49:48   #11-0 (permalink)
wafc1926
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Club website-Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
I'm going to bite and suggest that whatever has inspired this kind of language it almost certainly isn't a list of names of notable former players and managers. I'm not sure it's consistent with your view on another active thread that we need to stop the us and them mentality (which is true). There are always things to resolve in any club or business and I'd suggest that of the things that raise temperatures this is going to be well down the list, and if you want resolution rather than conflict then you're going about it in entirely the wrong way.
Posted via mobile theme
You are partly right. As someone who jointly (with Mark Griffiths) suggested the Hall of Fame and is now involved with the FPA , I have a vested interest. We had to try to explain to Bobby Shinton why his photo was not on display in Bamfords. Should I now have to avoid those whose names are wrongly omitted from the website list for fear of mutual embarrassment? Should I have just shut up and allowed the (avoidable ) errors to remain for fear of being classified with Bryn and others as a miserable critic?