View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2017, 13.35:07   #259-0 (permalink)
Bigmike
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton reaction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Derfyl Cadarn View Post
We all knew that we would not win the game when Carrington's name was on the team sheet. In the first half he looked like a schoolboy, running around but not knowing what to do. He made a couple of good tackles in the second half, but when he plays it's like playing with 10-men. Rooney makes Everton worse and Carrington makes us worse. God know why Keates keeps playing him.
Football is all about opinions. I always respect the opinions of others even if I completely disagree with that opinion. I completely disagree with the above. Carrington is not a great player but he is a decent player. He is adaptable: a good fullback right or left. He does a decent job as a holding mid field player. As a holding midfield player he works really hard and always competes for the ball. When he has the ball he rarely gives it away. He has the intelligence to pass the ball back or square if a forward pass is not on rather than lumping it forward and giving away possession. He is constantly talking and organising others. He does have the ability to knock decent long passes ie Saturday he hit an excellent left to right 40 yard pass delivered to Rutherford ( I think.) He tackles when it is safe to do so and there is a good chance to win the ball. He does not dive into tackles but holds up play by jockeying because that is his job as a holding mid field player. If the opponent gets past him the centre backs are in trouble. As I say he is not a great player but I am happy that we have him in the squad.