View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2018, 09.22:03   #128-0 (permalink)
Alan Attack
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: The current Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Over reacting here. No offence but its gone way over the top.

We just need to find the right manager. Its that simple.

When we do all this will vanish. To be fair they gave DK the biggest budget so far under WST ownership and it wasn't far off getting us into the play offs. Luck just crapped on us again. Plus an inexperience manager signing duds in a few positions. He needed more time, clearly. I think had DK stayed we would have made the play off's though. It all fell to pieces pretty quickly after he'd gone.

We've made some bad moves no doubt but name a club that hasn't?

We're still got pull in this league.

This time next year we'll be in league two. Damn good ale this.
Good post Phil. Not sure about whether we’ll be in League 2 mind!

I don’t know what more the board can do. They appoint a manager who does well and gets poached. They try and maintain the status quo by appointing his number 2 until the end of the season but it doesn’t go right.

The same people who be bitching and moaning about the board had we appointed a new manager and we fell away.

On the point of us losing Keates, we did the same with Kevin Wilkin when his Nuneaton side were well set for a top 5 finish. They fell away so dramatically that we may have finished above them. But that’s football.

It’s now down to the board to appoint a new manager. I’m convinced they’ll make a sound appointment but then it’s down to him to sign some decent players.

I’d like them to look at managers who’ll get us scoring goals. A goal a game is not good for a club that is dependent on bums on seats.