View Single Post
Old 8th July 2018, 15.10:23   #62-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Accessible Away Travel - Help Needed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official DLO View Post
Thank you El Poncho, and a very valid question about purchasing our own vehicle. However , I have extensively looked into all these options. I looked into purchasing one ourselves but it would be at a massive cost and then would sit empty apart from 23 games a season. You can't drive it on a normal licence because of paying passengers you would need a PSV, then you would need business insurance, liability Insurance, fuel, Someone who is trained to anchor the wheelchairs etc etc, so I totally agree with your thoughts, but sadly it's not that simple !! It would be far more simple if we could run the service with a company responsible for all those things and we just pay for their service, just like how it works for Pats Coaches on the official coach travel.
I'm sure there are ways around this. Free travel but at a cost of a membership subscription may get around the PSV license. Training to tie down wheelchairs must be rather simple and logical. if the passengers aren't paying (first point) then you are not running a business and may only need ordinary insurance.. You can use a normal licence if you carry only 8.?
There is some speculation in the above but it may give room for thought.