View Single Post
Old 28th July 2018, 10.54:32   #29-0 (permalink)
EnglishRed
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: A good season ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I think genuine quality up front is a player you can bank on to get twenty goals. We have six strikers now and none of them will get near that.

In goal, genuine quality is a proven experienced keeper. We don’t have that either.

On the plus side Young and Summerfield will create more than Kelly and Wedgebury, and Deverdics should offer more in his new position. However , we will feel the loss of Wedgebury defensively.

Finally, our diminutive side will struggle against very average bog standard teams from the south east who have virtually an entire team over six foot.
Not many players can guarentee you 20 goals a season. Five players got that last season and only 2 of them are still in our league, and neither are in our price range.

You are making all these predictions and you may yet be proved right but I prefer to wait and see. I sont think we will do as badly as you think (nor do I think we will be challenging Salford for top spot).

I agree with you about the midfield and thats one of my reasons for cautious optimism.

Last edited by EnglishRed; 28th July 2018 at 10.56:44..