View Single Post
Old 12th August 2018, 07.10:23   #31-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Boreham Wood ratings

Lainton (9) Some great saves to prevent a drubbing.

Roberts (4) Can fully understand why he went off, as I had the bug, too, and felt bloody awful!

M Smith (8) Covered for Pearson and upped his game when needed.

Pearson (5) Looked all at sea at times. Passing was often woeful.

Jennings (5) Good cross for the goal but still dawdles on the ball.

Summerfield (7) Had a few brain farts but upped his game in the second-half.

Young (6) Looked our best midfielder until he picked up the knock.

Wright (6) His game is let down by his poor positional play. He’s strong and aggressive but, all too often, gets the wrong side of his man.

Maguire-Drew (6) Surprised BT made him MOTM because he wasn’t in the game for much of the time. Nevertheless, the lad has ability and pace.

Fondop-Talom (6) Had more support today and battled hard against some big brutes. Still very raw but can improve further.

Beavon (6) Good, intelligent player but he and MFT were on a different wavelength.

Subs:

Carrington (7) We immediately looked better when he came on, and deserves to start at either RB or LB.

Rutherford (6) Covered a lot of ground as he tried to break up play.

Pyke (7) Made a massive difference. Big, strong, quick and intelligent. He really must start.

Funny (peculiar) game. They missed loads of chances and should have had the game won by half-time. However, credit to us for keeping going and taking our chances. Football is all about scoring goals, and we now seem to have plenty of options.