View Single Post
Old 26th August 2018, 14.58:22   #115-0 (permalink)
pagl
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Today's officials (Bromley home reaction thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Malik View Post
I totally agree with those comments, why we withdrew our entire team into the penalty area to defend corners was difficult to understand, it creates major problems for the goalkeeper. Surprised that Ricketts did not recognise this aspect of the game. Fondop should stay up front rather than retreat to our penalty box.
I made this point weeks ago. I would leave JMD on the halfway line so that if/when we clear the ball from a corner then we put them on the backfoot rather than the ball coming straight back in.

Apparently Sam uses zonal marking on the corners which is why everyone is back - JMD defensively isn't a good header of the ball so leaving him out means the opposition leaving 2 players back and not just 1.

Yesterday we conceded far too many corners and no surprise that both goals came from these. Looking at the highlights then the penalty did seem harsh but we have to learn from that and keep hands off the opposition in the box.

Game management was poor yesterday - 1st half with 2 mins left Tharme couldn't even gain ground from the throw in and we gave them another chance.
All he had to do was go 'down the line' and let them concede another throw in.
For me that's the basics that we used to do at Sunday league level.
Last 20 minutes were really poor and we invited them onto us - unlucky to conceded a penalty straight after the second goal.
However poor ball retention and giving it away too cheaply put us on the back foot time and time again. 1 reason I think Beavon is a better sub impact player for last 20 mins as he can hold the ball up.

Lets hope Sam gets some lessons learned from this.

Last edited by pagl; 26th August 2018 at 14.59:30..