Thread: Team for Sutton
View Single Post
Old 21st September 2018, 08.54:02   #89-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Team for Sutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
TBH if he's fit there's a case for Carrington replacing either Roberts or Jennings.
Away from home especially there may be a greater case to be made in favour of Carrington but I think Roberts is fairly sound defensively - Jennings for the good things he does going forward lets himself down by taking risks and jumping in instead of holding back and standing his man up.

I think there is a mentality issue to overcome too - perhaps we need reminding that this club is a massive fish in a small pond - if we are to go up we need to 'start to believe' that we should be able to go to Sutton and Harrogate and get wins - they must be as fearful of us if not more so.
it was the same as last week with the predictions for Ebbsfleet with many forecasting the Fleet were so good we would struggle for a win. I recall last season little Macclesfield going to Prenton Park as the title race was reaching the finish line and they blew Tranmere away with an outstanding 1 - 4 win.

This isn't being disrespectful to the opposition it's just raising our expectation that there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to go to Sutton and come back with 3 points - the team seems to be getting stronger every week at a rapid rate of knots - Ricketts has built fantastic competition for 16 places - we should expect to do very well.