View Single Post
Old 4th November 2018, 08.32:40   #39-0 (permalink)
krux
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
You maybe correct but at Spann was given numerous games in his favoured position. He hasn't done himself any favours here, but apart from a couple games in centre mid he has played wide left and a few cameo appearances wide right. Pre-season it looked like SDR wanted him as his number 10 and he may have stepped up to the plate but injury ruined that. Currently he is useful to have around because he can do a job in midfield, most attacking areas and left back if needed. SDR will decide if he needs to free up his wages, but I don't see any harm having him around, similarly to when popular opinion on here was to get rid of Ruthers and Carra.
I don't buy this 'favoured position' business. If he's an attacking midfielder and he's asked to play out wide, then that to me is close enough. It should give him the chance to show his attacking passing skills. It's not like he was playing centre half.

I dread to think what he would be like at LB. Though he would probably be good at hoofing it down the line.
Posted via mobile theme