Thread: Away Goals
View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2019, 12.54:43   #46-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Away Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Fact maybe not but it is a pretty fair assumption to know that Keates had a negative approach to game management and that he prioritised signing defenders - we can all see that. We also know that Keates was interviewed many times at the start of last year and talked about us "being hard to beat" and "in every game" so it is clear to me that his priority was coaching the defence. He was also very quick to praise Darlington's work in that respect in his interviews

I know someone who is a very senior football coach in Welsh football and from what i hear then Darlington is incredible highly rated and we are very lucky to have him. I don't think turning our current displays onto him is the right approach as clearly the issues are deeper than being down to a coach.
Agree that CD is not the problem.

Our problem is having too many mediocre players, and a management team struggling to influence the squad for the better.

Some posters are criticising all the management team and Board with some serious and, as far as I can see, unsubstantiated claims. If those posters are correct, we are in serious trouble; however, it is all about results followed by performance. Now up to management and players to get back to winning ways. I imagine they are all mostly aware of the growing criticisms, but suspect proving those critical fans wrong is a fairly low priority; they should just want to do their jobs well. That means beating the lesser teams well, and competing for 90 minutes against the better teams.

Last Saturday we seemingly competed well for the first-half, despite again missing chances, but then lost our heads once they scored. Clearly it needs sorting out, but that is the easy bit. Making the necessary changes and staying focussed for 90 minutes are what will stop the rot and improve our our lot.

It will be interesting to see how many turn up on Saturday or elect to go shopping with their better-halves.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 22nd January 2019 at 12.55:52..