View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2019, 10.40:51   #32-0 (permalink)
pagl
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Another season in the NFL I'm afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
What's makes you think Hughes will be any good recruiting players? The ones he's recruited already cannot get in the squad McGlashan apart who should be starting as he actually has pace. I never said I rated Grant but at least he put a shift in and did shoot even if poor so he deserves no more vitriol on here than the rest, for me the worst player on the park was Roberts and Jennings wasn't much better why he dropped Carrington to the bench who imho was mom Friday is beyond me... Hughes is a tinkerman and he has cost us points through it.
Posted via mobile theme
Well the Jurys out on that for me. From what I have seen its not been convincing and 2 of his 3 signings already bit the dust.

Given BH has 3 year left then I assumed that it would be his first recruitment and we would have to suck it and see. However (going to say it again) if the board agree the strategy with the manager and thats the basis for recruitment it would better than the scattergun approach.

So we set the strategy as...

Current retention (8 players)
2 new CM
2 new CF
Signing Tollitt
2 new FBs
1 new utility player
Max 4 loans (midfield/forward)

Hardly rocket science is it, but a more balanced squad starts to emerge, spending can be managed and problems/issues adjusted into the strategy easier.