View Single Post
Old 30th May 2019, 08.56:13   #40-0 (permalink)
EnglishRed
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Welsh Football Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
There is already a plan to redevelop the Kop end. The Welsh Government is trying to purchase the derelict land behind the Kop to make that happen. If we could secure the football museum and the money budgeted for it in addition then I think that would be a good thing. It would make the Racecourse a destination outside of match days.

As regards the cost of running it. No museum makes money so it would require central funding to cover the running costs and upkeep - as it would wherever it is housed.
It would definitely be a good thing. I'm just unsure where the rest of the money is coming from 4.4 million is a great start and there may be stuff like Lottery funding but you'd expect a local partner to provide some capital funding, either WBC or the club, and I doubt either have that sort of money. This would have been a good project for European money but I doubt that's an option in the current climate.

If it's housed in an existing museum with existing curatorial staff etc it a likely to cost less for upkeep than if its a brand new facility.

A brand spanking new stand with state of the art National football museum and club shop attached would be amazing but when have we ever been that lucky?