View Single Post
Old 1st October 2019, 14.03:24   #30-0 (permalink)
3pmsaturday
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fiduciary Duty and the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Fidiciary Duty - A legal obligation of one party to act in the best interest of another. The obligated party is typically a fiduciary, that is, someone entrusted with the care of money or property. Also called fiduciary obligation.

As much as I think mistakes have been made not only on the management appointments but on the wider football strategy I very much doubt the club board would fail the legal hurdle of breach of ficiciary duty. Its an interesting attempt to use a lever not many would be aware of to pressure for a DoF but I don't think its a fair one.

Better to outline the failings in terms of league position, cost of management change, training facilities, degredation of youth system coupled with falling transfer revenue therof from youth players and young pro's etc.

I agree with your sentiment but the lever used I don't.
We were advised in order to satisfy that duty of care you had to know what you were doing in a professional environment. Where does it stop, should they have a stab at Physio? I appreciate I'm being silly but it could be argued the single most important function within the club is being dealt with in that fashion.