View Single Post
Old 5th December 2019, 14.34:39   #10-0 (permalink)
Ooh aah Paskin
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Brilliabt summary of the Board's failings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose jones View Post
I’ve tried. But I’m morphined up and it really melted my brain.

I honestly don’t have some mega-retort that is going to kill the argument. Jaded makes some good points, it’s my personal belief that the board have made too many mistakes and we need a change.

It’s also my belief that this site is full of drama queens, that it stopped being a place for debate a while back.

I was a lurker who enjoyed reading this forum a lot, I used to laugh at posts, have my mind changed, get insight into football. Now it’s just relentless moaning and histrionics over everything the board do.

Yeah we’re shit. Yeah it’s no fun at all. But it’s much better than being dead.
I feel I have to answer two of your comments. When has RP stopped being a platform for debate? Even the many posts that 'slag off the board' are still producing debate. Otherwise it would be a pretty short thread.
And Drama Queens is a bit extreme. The majority of posters (admittedly there are some who take it too far) are rightly concerned about the current situation and are using this platform to voice it, as is the whole purpose of RP.
Yes, they should probably take the issues through the proper channels but when so many are rebuffed or ignored, you can see the frustration.

And for the second point. Do you think there may be any reasons WHY there are so many posts moaning about the Board and their decisions? There is never usually any smoke without fire.

Poor decision making by the Board as a collective (because that is effectively what they should be) has resulted in a decline on the playing side that may yet turn out to be irreversible. I for one am concerned about our current plight and although the players and management must also take responsibility, the ultimate buck stops with the Board.