View Single Post
Old 7th January 2020, 09.55:02   #64-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: How safe is Keates?

The only thing that matters at the minute is we stay in the NL and currently we are 50/50 of achieving that, but I dont think changing the manager is going to increase those odds. January is also a dangerous time, particularly with a new manager looking to make some big changes. Sometimes it can kick the team on but equally player uncertainty can make things worse.

I believed in Keates first time round and with his backroom staff, truly thought he ws the man to bring the stability needed to keep this club progressing. That is history and its been topsy turvy since he left with only progress being made under Ricketts (who I thought would be too ambitious to stay with us for too long).

I wasnt enthused by Keates being reappointed, not because I thought he couldn't pick up on the the progress he made previously but because the a large proportion of the fan base were anti.

Regardless what happens with the board or structure of the club in the future, it's all about what happens on the pitch over the last 1/3 of the season. We need players who will roll their sleeves up and fight for every point between now and April.

To sack Keates now in my opinion would be too knee jerk and our board regardless of any faults or perceived faults are likely to stick with their manager and afford him at least one transfer window . We have to trust Keates has been working to get his squad full of those players and off load those who are not up to the job and I believe any change in manager would all most certainly jeopardise the chances of improving that balance.