Thread: Hays Travel
View Single Post
Old 16th January 2020, 16.12:56   #33-0 (permalink)
blackbrookred
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Hays Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
Genuine question on climate change.

Firstly, let me say I do believe man is having an impact here.

However, whenever there is talk about changes in global temperatures, it is always qualified by the term "hottest since records began"

I believe proper climate records began in about 1840 - which in terms of the earths existence, is the blink of an eye away.

However, evidence does exist of tropical forests being found across many Northern countries, and we have also got records of ice fairs being held on the Thames during the middle ages.

Surely this then indicates that the climate has changed significantly previously, and also prior to the industrial era.

Therefore is it right to say climate change is a man made phenomena that we can really influence? or is man just speeding up a natural cycle in the earth's climate which has happened previously i.e. before records began, and while we may be able to influence the speed of that change, is saying we can reverse it, really realistic?

Not a scientist and I don't even pretend to know any of the answers, but when I hear people saying this is a man made problem, I always question myself if it is.

Much like this.

https://news.sky.com/story/climate-c...leash-11889776