Thread: Keates Factor
View Single Post
Old 4th March 2020, 11.59:14   #97-0 (permalink)
Corner Flag
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I don’t think you can accuse anyone of not being a real supporter after consistent decline year after year since 2004 and then major decline since the WST took over.

To put it simply down to “not being a top fan” is bizarre. There are fans that have gone home and away for 40 years that have stopped going. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2003 and even as shortly as 18 months ago I could never imagine being this disillusioned with the club.

Football fans get deliriously optimistic (see fans thinking we could make the playoffs this year) and they dream of success. Under the current board, structure and management staff ive never seen optimism be so low. Going into the playoffs last year was surreal. Everyone I spoke to thought we’d lose and even if we made it past Eastleigh we’d go no further. Our dream of success is narrowly getting into the playoffs and losing again, that’s a great season for us. We’re quite happy to just have a go whilst wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds year after year. We’re happy to fail every year because we’re fans owned, mistakes are made over and over again but we forgive. Quite frankly the majority of Wrexham fans dreams of success are dead.

Wrexham is famous for being the giant killers, the tough little team that’ll have a go at anyone, that will fight for anything and will always push its chest out and wear its heart on its sleeve. It’s not that club any more.

You can call fans whatever you want when their club has been stripped of its pride and it’s identity and they’ve lost interest. Yet their passion for the club will always be there. Just not whilst we have the people responsible for draining away the identity at the club, not whilst we continue to reward failure and not whilst we refuse to change
Great post but it really concerns me that Peter just doesnt get it does he ? He is like King Canute trying to stop the sea of discontent and disillusionment washing through our once proud club.