View Single Post
Old 30th March 2020, 15.28:02   #140-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
This is all if's and but's and secondary to what's going on in the world.
Your right but football does play a massive part on so many peoples lives - there are people's jobs at stake, club workers, playing staff and the numerous service providers and people who all come together to make match day possible.

As a related example I spoke to a young lady the other day on a supermarket checkout working her 'first day' - two weeks ago she was a happy hairdresser - her world has been turned upside down but she is greatful that by chance she has found another opportunity so fast - others wont be so lucky.

I think I read an article earlier from the AFC Fylde Chairman who stated all staff were going onto a 50% reduction to their wage - some clubs will fold - Macclesfield and Barnet were struggling massively anyway and this may well tip them over the edge - not forgetting that we are only into the first week of lock down which is likely to last many months.

The Vanarama National League management committee are supposed to be meeting this afternoon so perhaps big announcements will be made later today.