View Single Post
Old 9th April 2020, 07.00:46   #4-0 (permalink)
moynkeepthefaith
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Claiming a refund on your season ticket - viewpoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
To add interest to this board and give food for thought what is everyone's views on this subject - could be interesting particularly with the 'build the budget' thread also being debated.

The possibility now exists that we will not see another football kicked again 'this season and the whole league will be declared null and void - that is a topic in itself.

However, if the supporters are not permitted to attend our remaining five home games then there will no doubt be claims for a refund on the percentage of games missed against the original price of your season ticket.

For example I have a ST in the Tech End at a cost of £248 which works out at £10.78 - I miss 5 of the 23 possible home matches so in reality am out of pocket by £53.91.

I simply do not understand your 'out of pocket' concept. Surely the expense was made last year and now admittedly you have been deprived some 'entertainment' but why are you out of pocket ? To turn your theory around those who pay on the gate are now 'in pocket' for around £90 so maybe they should help to compensate us season ticket holders ?

As concerning as it is for the club to be losing revenue there will be some amongst us who will be suffering financially - we are all different and will have different priorities - some will put their individual & family needs ahead of the club.

Another possibility would to offer season tickets next season (provided we get underway again) at a discounted price with this season's outstanding sum deducted from the price - this no doubt would have it's own complications.

Some supporters, especially if they have ST's in higher priced parts of the stadium and attend as a family stand to lose out a considerable amount of money that they might now be desperate to re claim. In the last 10 days I have spoken to several self employed people who's lives have literally been blown out of the water, jobs have been lost very suddenly and incomes reduced amid much worry and uncertainty.

In addition there will be some amongst us who have paid out for away tickets and travel tickets to Barrow - if that game never gets played infront of spectators it will eventually be another case for the club to refund supporters.

So there we have it, a considerable subject for debate with varying views - what does everyone think ?
I simply do not get this 'out of pocket' theory ? You paid last year and now you have been deprived of 5 games so you have lost 'entertainment' value but you always expected to pay the £248. if the remaining games had been boring DK 0-0 draws would you also want your money back ?
Anyway i agree with SA - i don't want my money back and will buy another season ticket in May careless when the season will start.