Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th April 2020, 22.35:24   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Claiming a refund on your season ticket - viewpoints.

To add interest to this board and give food for thought what is everyone's views on this subject - could be interesting particularly with the 'build the budget' thread also being debated.

The possibility now exists that we will not see another football kicked again 'this season and the whole league will be declared null and void - that is a topic in itself.

However, if the supporters are not permitted to attend our remaining five home games then there will no doubt be claims for a refund on the percentage of games missed against the original price of your season ticket.

For example I have a ST in the Tech End at a cost of £248 which works out at £10.78 - I miss 5 of the 23 possible home matches so in reality am out of pocket by £53.91.

As concerning as it is for the club to be losing revenue there will be some amongst us who will be suffering financially - we are all different and will have different priorities - some will put their individual & family needs ahead of the club.

Another possibility would to offer season tickets next season (provided we get underway again) at a discounted price with this season's outstanding sum deducted from the price - this no doubt would have it's own complications.

Some supporters, especially if they have ST's in higher priced parts of the stadium and attend as a family stand to lose out a considerable amount of money that they might now be desperate to re claim. In the last 10 days I have spoken to several self employed people who's lives have literally been blown out of the water, jobs have been lost very suddenly and incomes reduced amid much worry and uncertainty.

In addition there will be some amongst us who have paid out for away tickets and travel tickets to Barrow - if that game never gets played infront of spectators it will eventually be another case for the club to refund supporters.

So there we have it, a considerable subject for debate with varying views - what does everyone think ?
Old 8th April 2020, 22.56:40   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Default Re: Claiming a refund on your season ticket - viewpoints.

If I had a season ticket I’d be asking for a refund and I’d most certainly want a refund for the Barrow game, fans should be refunded to save a bit of face but that said it’s the same board who have spunked 100’s thousands on the likes of Mike Newell the last couple of years.
Old 8th April 2020, 23.33:10   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Absolute bollocks. Anyone asking for a refund in this most crazy time simply isn't a true supporter and doesn't understand the perilous position the club could be in if it retuned up to £100k right now. Remember there are dozens of employees at the club who need to be paid so even suggesting asking for a refund right now is embarrassing and downright selfish.
Old 9th April 2020, 07.00:46   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
To add interest to this board and give food for thought what is everyone's views on this subject - could be interesting particularly with the 'build the budget' thread also being debated.

The possibility now exists that we will not see another football kicked again 'this season and the whole league will be declared null and void - that is a topic in itself.

However, if the supporters are not permitted to attend our remaining five home games then there will no doubt be claims for a refund on the percentage of games missed against the original price of your season ticket.

For example I have a ST in the Tech End at a cost of £248 which works out at £10.78 - I miss 5 of the 23 possible home matches so in reality am out of pocket by £53.91.

I simply do not understand your 'out of pocket' concept. Surely the expense was made last year and now admittedly you have been deprived some 'entertainment' but why are you out of pocket ? To turn your theory around those who pay on the gate are now 'in pocket' for around £90 so maybe they should help to compensate us season ticket holders ?

As concerning as it is for the club to be losing revenue there will be some amongst us who will be suffering financially - we are all different and will have different priorities - some will put their individual & family needs ahead of the club.

Another possibility would to offer season tickets next season (provided we get underway again) at a discounted price with this season's outstanding sum deducted from the price - this no doubt would have it's own complications.

Some supporters, especially if they have ST's in higher priced parts of the stadium and attend as a family stand to lose out a considerable amount of money that they might now be desperate to re claim. In the last 10 days I have spoken to several self employed people who's lives have literally been blown out of the water, jobs have been lost very suddenly and incomes reduced amid much worry and uncertainty.

In addition there will be some amongst us who have paid out for away tickets and travel tickets to Barrow - if that game never gets played infront of spectators it will eventually be another case for the club to refund supporters.

So there we have it, a considerable subject for debate with varying views - what does everyone think ?
I simply do not get this 'out of pocket' theory ? You paid last year and now you have been deprived of 5 games so you have lost 'entertainment' value but you always expected to pay the £248. if the remaining games had been boring DK 0-0 draws would you also want your money back ?
Anyway i agree with SA - i don't want my money back and will buy another season ticket in May careless when the season will start.
Old 9th April 2020, 07.19:03   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwe Alexander View Post
Absolute bollocks. Anyone asking for a refund in this most crazy time simply isn't a true supporter and doesn't understand the perilous position the club could be in if it retuned up to £100k right now. Remember there are dozens of employees at the club who need to be paid so even suggesting asking for a refund right now is embarrassing and downright selfish.
The employees have been furloughed so will get paid! Being a true supporter and being skint are 2 different things
Old 9th April 2020, 07.32:03   #6-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

As stated previously, it’s a personal choice but I will not seek a refund. I can afford it but the money was spent last summer to support our club. I could not look myself in the mirror if I kicked the club when it’s down.

That act does not imply I support the WST and much of the Board’s acts, albeit I remain a WST member who will push for change once we exit this crisis.
Old 9th April 2020, 07.43:31   #7-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwe Alexander View Post
What a load of bollocks.

I know people who aren't working and havent got a pot to piss in right now.

£50 to them is a lot of money. Head in the clouds.
Old 9th April 2020, 07.57:45   #8-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

The time to morally claim a refund was before this bug took hold . The cynical lies told by the Board and the consistent failure by the team to prepare properly for games meant that anyone could justifiably ask the club for their money back. Asking for it back in the current situation seems peevish , but I can understand somebody doing that if they need the money.
Old 9th April 2020, 07.58:49   #9-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

I don't want a refund.

However supporters are perfectly entitled to one the same as customers of any other business, so the club need to offer them.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.41:33.