Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th September 2022, 22.24:41   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Arrow Welcome to Wrexham S1E8 "Away We Go" discussion thread (spoilers)

Discussion thread for Episode 8

Caution this thread will contain spoilers for those who have not watched it

Wrexham Chairmen Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make a surprise appearance at an away game to watch Wrexham play in person for the very first time.

Old 15th September 2022, 04.33:00   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Welcome to Wrexham S1E8 "Away We Go" discussion thread (spoilers)

very good ,very entertaining near the knuckle viewing,PP breaks world swearing record,dont doubt this mans passion,interesting about Arron Hayden
Old 15th September 2022, 08.51:44   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

This is all about the infamous Maidenhead away game and after 7 is a welcome return to the action and is all the better for it.

Hayden shows the soft side that you wouldn't think he had but you can also see the steely determination to give his all and win. Watch this and you can see why he was so pissed off conceding that goal v D & R on Tuesday.

Its absolutely f***ing hilarious seeing PP's half time "Enthusiasm" score rack up during his HT team talk. Rob's personality assessment is spot-on and its so funny hearing his voice booming out during games.

You can also see Ryan thinking what the hell have I got myself into here. He's on record as saying that it took him a while to fall in love with the whole thing. As we can see from the opening scene from Episode 1 when he lies on the sacred turf of the Racecourse it didn't take him too long. 7 proves how much he's enjoying the ride.
Old 15th September 2022, 09.19:48   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

PP has a potty mouth but I love it. Great to see the human side of Hayden. And the nightmare of having Dibble in goal
Old 15th September 2022, 12.02:02   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

I was crying when they just had PP shouting fu*k off over and over again, great to see his passion on the touchline.
Old 15th September 2022, 12.03:31   #6-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Liked the episode but feel like I'm going to break the mould here by saying I find some of Parky's team talks a bit cringeworthy.
Old 15th September 2022, 12.21:31   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Liked the episode but feel like I'm going to break the mould here by saying I find some of Parky's team talks a bit cringeworthy.
in what way ? not havin a go just,what was you expecting
Old 15th September 2022, 12.25:38   #8-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
in what way ? not havin a go just,what was you expecting
Not sure what I was expecting particularly, but find some things he says like telling players to have "fire in your heart and ice in your veins" a bit corny.

Ditto every other word being fcuk in the Maidenhead half-time talk was a bit reminiscent of Barry Fry's infamous rant.

Nothing against him as a manager or individual though.
Old 15th September 2022, 12.28:27   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Kop, when it was open. Now my Couch

And back to the football!
All the more powerful given the last episode.
For those of us in the know (and those new viewers who can be arsed to do a google search ��), you can see them building up to a pivotal 'turnaround' moment.
Actually a really good demonstration of the frustration of the new owners. It is absolutely true that things were not going well. They'd spent loads of money on the ground, the pitch, the personnel structure, the players and an expensive manager; and the return up to that point was sh#te!
Lots on insight into the owners views and those of the fans; Wayne at the Turf was the only one with any optimism and that was certainly starting to look misplaced.
Looks like they edited out most of Phil Parkinson's non x-rated language. You can see them building up his persona of 'Iron fist in a velvet glove'. I don't know if that's true or manufactured? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and count it in as strong management
To be honest, I can do without a lot of the swearing (not because I don't swear myself but because I just find it a lazy way to express passion) but at least it shows his passion which is important for us to see as fans.
It doesn't let him off needing to get us promoted, but I think it will win him some friends.
It was also interesting to hear him say at Maidenhead at 2-1 down that getting a draw wasn't enough, he wanted all 3 points; and the team certainly followed that instruction and conceded that late goal as a result.
After all the discussion on social media about his negative, defensive tactics, we needed to hear that!
Perhaps not having the full squad was the reason for not succeeding after all - time will tell!

Last edited by Wrexham Can; 15th September 2022 at 12.29:39.. Reason: Typo

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.16:09.