Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th November 2023, 08.17:30   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Welcome to Wrexham S2 E15: "Up the town?"

A series that has, let's be completely honest, been a bit hit & miss in places ends on a high.

I defy you not to shed a few tears over this one. The question is at which point do you start gushing? Many won't make it past the opening credits.

It starts low key with nervous anticipation all round. Highlight are the interviews with the Notts County squad and Luke Williams. Never saw that coming. Langstaff gets the credit he 100% deserves from Wrexham fans who recognise a top drawer striker when they see one.

Into the game itself and the action is brilliantly presented starting with a clock showing the action from the KO to BW's shock opener.

Then it goes low ley shooting off in different directions with a lovely slot on Paul Mullin and YourSpace, Millie and her mum, and an interview with Parky saying how its the first time in management he's moved to the area where he's managing the team.

Back to the action and we get all the views of Mullin's first goal. Great shots of Millie going wild as Mullin ran to the corner. I watched the game from the Quiet Zone and it was mad in there (that's me at the back going mental). A special part of the ground.

The third goal going in is what got me and clearly a few others in the ground. Ashmore should have saved it looking at it in slo-mo though!

Perfectly timed segue with Jordan Davies and his partner in hospital. Lovely stuff.

Final whistle, pitch invasion and bus tour are all in there and fairly underplayed. Surprised to hear 'Going the Distance' from Rocky as the background music...it kind of works...but I'm surprised they didn't use the slo-mo footage from Ben Foster's channel which was absolutely stunning.

Two wonderful redemption arcs close it out. Parky spotting Jordan Davies on the route of the bus parade with his baby daughter born that morning (you couldn't write it) and finally Cedwyn Scott scoring the penalty in the play-offs. Notts County fans are going to enjoy this episode nearly as much as us.

But the best bit? It felt like it was 100% about Wrexham. The only pandering to the Americans we saw was a brief shot of Paul Rudd. Thankfully the footage of Michael Starkey stumbling around town ended up on the cutting room floor.

Up the town.

Last edited by Wrexy; 15th November 2023 at 08.20:22..
Old 15th November 2023, 09.30:07   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Welcome to Wrexham S2 E15: "Up the town?"

Series 2 has been consistently excellent. Its appeal seems to be pretty universal.
Old 15th November 2023, 09.48:32   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In a red seat
Twitter: @Wonderboywxm

How long is the last episode? Someone mentioned it was only 30 mins long
Old 15th November 2023, 09.54:26   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
How long is the last episode? Someone mentioned it was only 30 mins long
Full length so around 40 mins of action
Old 15th November 2023, 10.01:32   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Good episode but can't help feeling like they gave a bit too much attention to Notts County. They spent the fist 5 minutes of a 35 minute episode covering them and a couple of minutes at the end.

As exciting as last season was the bigger story was us finally ending 15 years of heartache, not just the title race with Notts County last season.

Would've liked a couple of reactions from some of the fans featured on what finally achieving promotion really means.

Can't moan too much though, it was bloody good television and really captured the feeling inside the Racecourse that evening.

The Rocky music was a lovely touch, as was the shot of Jordan Davies and his newborn at the parade.
Old 15th November 2023, 10.02:02   #6-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

It definitely brought the emotions of the day back. My only minor criticism is that it could've definitely been longer. I know a lot of filming was done of the fan celebrations in town after the Boreham Wood game. As DenbighRed has just said, I'd have been keen to see some reaction as well.

Last edited by fezbob; 15th November 2023 at 10.03:05..
Old 15th November 2023, 10.12:17   #7-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
It definitely brought the emotions of the day back. My only minor criticism is that it could've definitely been longer. I know a lot of filming was done of the fan celebrations in town after the Boreham Wood game. As DenbighRed has just said, I'd have been keen to see some reaction as well.
Yeah, a great episode but I expected a bit more of the celebrations at the end. The Hand of Foz episode was 46 min long and this one was only 38min so could have been longer. Only a minor complaint though as those 38 mins were fab.
Old 15th November 2023, 10.15:09   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyld Wyl View Post
Yeah, a great episode but I expected a bit more of the celebrations at the end. The Hand of Foz episode was 46 min long and this one was only 38min so could have been longer. Only a minor complaint though as those 38 mins were fab.
I expect that this one was absolutely loaded with commercial breaks in the States hence the length.

I think Series 3 Episode 1 may focus more on celebrations including the Vegas trip.
Old 15th November 2023, 10.21:07   #9-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexy View Post
I expect that this one was absolutely loaded with commercial breaks in the States hence the length.

I think Series 3 Episode 1 may focus more on celebrations including the Vegas trip.
Won't include anything on Vegas as they chose not to film anything, probably quite sensibly.

They've moved the schedule so series 3 will air in Spring, meaning less of a gap between events happening and being broadcast. The writers strike has meant there'll be a massive shortage of new content early next year, so this will help FX plug that gap.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.34:00.