View Single Post
Old 27th May 2020, 10.55:28   #27-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Shaun Pearson on Talksport and Gary Mills revealing he didn't want the Wrexham job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Everyone take note of my definitive assessment of those signings that summer.
Here you go...

Quote:
I feel compelled to return after this today as it has confirmed my fears about our meagre budget and Mills inability to get the best from it.

And to do a full assessment of the transfer dealings so far for this summer, as I did last time (correctly observing that Mills had signed a load of absolute rubbish bar 1 or 2).

Goalkeeper - God knows who he will bring it. The guy thought Belford was good enough to play for us. Failed to offer Taylor the 2 year deal and high wage he warranted and now we will end up with someone nowhere near as good in the most crucial position on the pitch.

Carrington, decent enough player and will no doubt get another deal at end of this season for being the least useless player in the squad, same way he's done each season since he's been here.

Newton is decent enough for this level, surprised he stayed actually as he would have had other offers. If he went there's no way Mills would replace him with anyone better.

Riley was great first time round but why has he hardly played for a few seasons? Sceptical.

Bencherif - played for a relegation side. Can't we do any better?

Tilt - I like the sound of him actually, somebody young and who was actually in demand by other sides.

Edwards - Good squad filler.

Rob Evans - Not good enough to start, ok as squad filler.

Barry - Every still basing their opinion on that 0-0 match against Fleetwood when he played a few good passes are they? Fowler the second. Just not fit enough, dynamic enough to play.

Rooney - not a midfielder for sure. Will end up playing all over the shop like Jennings. Will probably score a few playing in a Mills side though.

Rutherford - A poor winger that won't score or assist as many as Wes York and end up released next summer back down to his Chester/Southport level.

This Nortey bloke - ridiculous name and probably won't do anything here. He's already been told he will be playing in a position alien to him. Vidal the second and released next summer back to a crap part time London based side.

White - good goal record in a league worse than the Conference. He could be decent but who is going to create chances for him? If he's any good he will be off for a pittance in January.

Bakare - sounds like utter dross. All this "I'll wait and see him before I judge" bollocks. Look at his record, look at the clubs he's played for. He's blatantly crap who probably can't believe his luck that Mills has offered him a deal.

The other youngsters he's brought in will be on a complete pittance.

All in all, no midfield again for the second year running. Mills already planning to play players out of position straight away and the team has mid table written all over it. Mills gone by Xmas. He's clearly got no money to spend but what he has got he's spending on useless rubbish once again. The squad looks worse than last time around. The board are trying a massive con job on us if they think this is a "competitive budget". I predict a 10th placed finish due to the team probably picking up a bit after Mills goes near Xmas.