View Single Post
Old 24th August 2020, 08.24:05   #102-0 (permalink)
Willywill
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Surviving the season.

All this dragging up the past regarding investors. We were mega unlucky in the folks we chose to get control. There were out for themselves. Lesson learnt. But now we have NO assets, so nowt to lose. The vast majority of UK football clubs have private money in the mix. It’s always been that way.
We have had 10 years of a community club. It’s saved us but at the same time, we are presently going no where. It keeps us afloat my milking the same pool of fans. When outside investment is mentioned, we see the bitterness from the happy clappers. Harping on about the mistakes made in the past. That is history.
We must advance this club by seeking outside investment. The people in the “secret circle” that run MY club are obviously not going to be keen on this, as it means that on a Saturday they will be sitting next to me in stands, and not bouncing around the DirectorsBox in their best suit.
The bad times we had with “investors”, can be likened to a bad marriage. We have put our trust in people in the past and been betrayed. Look at statistics - that’s life. But just because we were shafted doesn’t mean that we don’t “get back on the horse” and look for more suitors. Life goes on. We cannot go through life with such bitterness and suspicions.
Spencer has done such a good job on those 400 or so Trust members who can be bothered to vote at meetings and keep him in power. Are they getting SugarPuffs for life!