View Single Post
Old 15th October 2020, 20.39:55   #40-0 (permalink)
Bigmike
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Giggs and Dean - joint inventors of a new approach to football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
Sorry, i put it wrong, yes the faithful hand ball was Anfield. But the Scotch game was the night Jock Stein died and a party of us when down on a minibus. Very early start, refreshments on the bus a few stops on the way down, parked up about a mile from the ground another watering hole. Then another disappointing result, got to this pub on the outskirts after. As soon as we were on our second drink all these jocks piled in.
These people have no excuses to fight, they will fight amongst them selves,so, when one of our party made a not to clever remark about Stein, the place went ballistic.
But i'm here to tell the tail ha.
I was on the kop with three mates and we were surrounded by drunk jocks.
One of my mates was a rugby player and it was his first football match. We did not see any trouble but he said "tonight i have witnessed the depths of human depravity." I do also remember that Leighton James was injured and so Micky Thomas played and he had a blinder. All we got from the jocks around us was "who the f**k is he!!! BTW Dennis Law said that the best team on the night lost. As has been said it is no good playing good football and losing. It is all about winning.

Last edited by Bigmike; 15th October 2020 at 20.46:31..