View Single Post
Old 11th January 2021, 10.57:29   #144-0 (permalink)
moynkeepthefaith
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Whilst the takeover is welcome, I think fans should keep their feet firmly planted on the ground.
£2 million is a decent sum of money to get the ball rolling but ultimately the amount of money spent depends on the Philanthropy of R & R irrespective of increased crowds and commercial revenue.
The club might still be self funding if all goes well and achieve league status again. The dream though could easily be tarnished by over expectation.
A CEO of good standing, a director of football, a new management team and coaching staff, more paid staff, ground improvements, new training facilities.
Better(more expensive) players and their accommodation. £2million doesn't sound that much when these things are considered.
I trust R&R to be true to their word and inject the necessary funds but don't expect instant results. This season is likely to be written off unless we can get a new manager in who can turn things around and attract the players needed to do the job. Betting odds for next sesaon are likely to be short.
You will note i never suggested that we would get promoted this season. My only point is that £2m is sufficient to replace the current underperforming management structure and add some needed playing staff. The playoffs is an absolute possibility this season but i have been coming too long to take anything for granted.