View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 16.58:25   #77-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Aldershot Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Diamond View Post
So Listening to Keates interview - we go away to a team struggling to put an eleven out due to injuries and suspension and have numerous square pegs in round holes yet we change our shape to bring in a defensive midfield to nullify a threat the didn’t then exist because they didn’t play him ?? WTF

Typical defensive mindset that will see us going nowhere ... other teams would attack and go for the jugular... the Aldershot commentary team couldn’t believe their luck. They knew that was a game for the taking for us . If we can’t do it under those circumstances we have no chance.

Yes, Dibble made a schoolboy clanger but with a decent manager we’d have won that 5-1 .It’s not his fault we lost that game.
Dibble is the fall guy for many. He made a mistake but has otherwise done a good job. The players must bear some responsibility but, ultimately, Keates is the root cause for most of our problems. He is too timid and lacks a tactical brain.