View Single Post
Old 11th April 2021, 08.44:39   #35-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Stockport match ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
It was French error and Kelleher before him but Dibble cost us the goal from his ridiculous positioning, he offered him an open goal the only thing he was covering was the side netting and as I said if he stopped where he was no goal.
It was a ‘comedy of errors’. All 3 played their part but, as you say, Dibble’s (3) positioning was dreadful and he managed to make himself as small as possible. If he hadn’t had the rush of blood to his head, and stayed put, he probably would have saved it.

Once they scored, the tide turned and we just got worse with time.

I know Keates (0) won’t budge, but if we at least abandoned this pointless 3-5-2 we might begin to look and perform better.

I thought Carrington (5) did mostly OK defensively, but his distribution was awful — on a par with Dibble’s.

Hall-Johnson (3) and Reckord (2) were both liabilities, and French (4) and Kelleher (4) struggled badly against a well organized County (7).

Davies (6) was the best midfielder, but again had to do the work of all 3. You could see what Jarvis (4) was trying to do, but it didn’t come off and he blew another chance. Sorry, but if folk think Young (4) is the future, we will be in the NL forevermore.

Up front, Marsh-Brown (5) and Angus (5) started well but then had nothing to work with. Hopefully, better to come on Tuesday.

Omatoyo (3) looks more leaden than golden, but he was no worse than Thomas was before the arrival of Angus.

Ruthers (3) did his party-piece without affecting anything.

All-in-all, we were third best after a false-start. Halifax must be relishing our trip there on Tuesday. I fear another defeat with our little maestro pulling the strings. Sadly, the season is petering out, and these remaining games will be condensed into a 10-minute take between an advert for insurance and one for garbage removal.

Sad, but there we go.