View Single Post
Old 13th April 2021, 21.04:45   #44-0 (permalink)
Redordead
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Mondays Daily Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
Rooney was on the verge of triggering a contract extension.

Stockport owner is taking a calculated risk due to the perilous financial position of most clubs in this league but Stockport haven't got promoted yet, no doubt he feels we may be a contender next season for top spot leaving a lottery for the second spot. if they don't get promoted this season he will need deep pockets to maintain the wage bill.... will they be a Forest green or Fylde???

I am not entirely convinced our budget is going to be as large as some are hoping/quoting on here. R and R may be millionaires but they certainly aren't frivolous with their cash. I had hoped for some sign of future financial intent, a quality striker or midfielder in the last transfer window...but no... Yes the club sale was completed towards the end of the transfer window but the new
advertising boards were purchased during the same window........
How much of their own money will they have to use? With the reported tv series, new shirt sponsorship, advertising boards, maybe stadium and stands naming rights plus season ticket and match day revenue all to come back at some point.

The club could be raining it in without the owners dipping into their own fund? All guess work on my part.