Thread: Phil Parkinson
View Single Post
Old 8th November 2021, 16.17:56   #233-0 (permalink)
SteveWAFC
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Phil Parkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelps View Post
Agreed. I have voted given it's a straight yes/no for him to stay.
If you ask me this question this time next week though after the next 2 games let alone 3 the answer could be very different.
Steve WAFC you say it is a cliche to sack the manager but albeit at a different level two managers were sacked this weekend in Daniel Farke and Dean Smith who had a lot of credit in the bank at Norwich and Villa.
Given the money we spent in the Summer this is a finely balanced shout right now IMO and failing to beat both Aldershot and King's Lynn could well be the end for PP
Well I feel that both those sackings were harsh, Smith more than Farke, but the latter has done an awful lot for Norwich.
You look at our form this season and it will tell you that we are just inconsistent, that’s exactly what I’d expect with a new team and coaching structure. But we’re not losing game after game (we’ve lost the same amount as Grimsby and Notts I think), what we’re doing is drawing too many. If say, you switched the drawn/lost stats, so we drew 3 and lost 5 (?), that raises questions and obviously we’d be much lower down the table with those figures, but currently when we’re only a few wins off the play offs, I don’t think that’s when you sack a manager because we’re definitely not far away, as the stats show. We’ve shown in games this season that we can be an attacking force, we just need to tighten up defensively, but it can also take time for defensive partnerships to form and you can include the keeper in that too, people need time to get used to each other and understand how they operate. Win tomorrow and beat Kings Lynn on Saturday and things look brighter again

Last edited by SteveWAFC; 8th November 2021 at 16.19:30..