View Single Post
Old 11th November 2021, 07.06:32   #3-0 (permalink)
moynkeepthefaith
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Rory Smith - New York Times/Economic Times article

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
I've never been worried about the documentary. Lots of people (particularly fans of other clubs) seemed to be presuming that the Documentary was the reason R&R bought the club, but that doesn't make sense- if Rob McElhenney, creator of two hit shows, amd Holywood A lister Ryan Reynolds wanted to make a documentary then they wouldn't have to go to the trouble of buying a football club. Its part of the marketing campaign to grow awareness of the club, nothing more. I think some are going to be surprised at the impact of it financially and in bringing in new fans
Not sure I agree. The relative cost of buying us at £2m was small money and surely ,as owners, gave the documentary a whole new angle ?
In the end i careless though i do feel that Torquay was something of a circus. I voted in favour and still strongly believe that was right but in the end i simply want the best for Wrexham FC. We have had an inconsistent start but I for sure do not want to go back to build the budget and crowds hovering around 3000 in a stadium with no future plans.