View Single Post
Old 14th November 2021, 21.02:51   #1-0 (permalink)
Chichester WFC Project
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Nowhere yet
Twitter: @

Default Visiting Wrexham and Racecourse for the first time

Hello all

I was after a bit of advice if anybody could help? I currently live in Chichester on the South Coast but am originally from Pontypridd and - sorry to say - a Cardiff City fan. However, in the last year, my 7-year-old son has just started showing an interest in football and, having always looked out for Wrexham's scores, I decided we'd take in some games when you guys visit the South East. We have now notched up Eastleigh, Aldershot (abandoned), Barnet and Maidstone and my son is now 'a Wrexham fan' complete with the green away top and scarf. I figured he just as well glory hunt with a North Welsh team rather than a northern English team :-)

Recently, he told me he was 'tired of being an away fan' and wanted to do a home game. Therefore, we're hoping to attend the Weymouth home game in the 2nd week of December and we have booked a hotel near Stratford-Upon-Avon - halfway - for our 4 hours 20 minutes 'home game' trip. The wife will enjoy a day in Stratford but we're hoping to set off from the hotel early on Saturday morning and get to Wrexham about 10:30am on match day. Could anyone advise on places to park for the day and where would you recommend we visit in the town (is the ground far from the town centre)? Also, is there anywhere near the ground where I can 'sample' a pint of Wrexham Lager and they don't mind a child-in-tow? I'm also assuming I will need to leave some time to pick-up my tickets (assuming I get them) as they won't send tickets out?

Any advice you could offer would be most appreciated.