View Single Post
Old 14th November 2021, 21.21:36   #2-0 (permalink)
Leighton Red
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Visiting Wrexham and Racecourse for the first time

Hi Chichester, I would park at the University car park (£3) which is right next to the ground (come off of the dual carriageway taking in our massive floodlights and take first left on the mini roundabout towards Sainsbury’s, the Uni car park is on the right at the next roundabout). I’d leave plenty of time as the ground and car parks get busy nowadays given we are selling out near enough all home fixtures. The town centre is not far from the ground down the Mold Road but not huge amount to see or do IMO. Not a regular drinker on match day so others would be better positioned but have never felt threatened when frequenting any pubs near the ground. The obvious suggestion would be the Turf pub on the Mold Road corner of the ground which is steeped in Wrexham FC folklore as one would suspect and is run by Wayne who sometimes posts on here but again will be very busy on Matchday (not even sure if it’ll be ticket only entry…perhaps others can confirm). Ticket office will also be very busy so again allow plenty of time.

Hope the above helps, have a fantastic experience and I hope you get hooked enough to make many future journeys to the Oldest International Ground still in use in the World!!